inTank Media Baskets

ClayaLaLeona's 40 Breeder

Paandemonium

Yeah but that got kinda confusing too..... and hard to hype for a high $$$ tag. Yo who wants some green tipped stick... sounds like someone has a problem ;)

Hahaha this is true. Wasn't that long ago that the sticks weren't even remotely possible. Shit, lobophyllia under VHO's and a berlin sump - reef god.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha this is true. Wasn't that long ago that the sticks weren't even remotely possible. Shit, lobophyllia under VHO's and a berlin sump - reef god.

People used to bleach their live rock weekly and wonder why they couldn't keep coral alive too..... but man they had some nice white rock and no algae :) LOL

People used to bleach their live rock weekly and wonder why they couldn't keep coral alive too..... but man they had some nice white rock and no algae :) LOL

Thankfully I started after that particular habit died off. I was pretty shocked based on what I experienced when I first started in the 90's compared to when I got back into it a few years ago. Come a loooong way.

Thankfully I started after that particular habit died off. I was pretty shocked based on what I experienced when I first started in the 90's compared to when I got back into it a few years ago. Come a loooong way.

Its came along way in the 4.5 years I've been in the hobby. I know a couple locals that have been in SW for like 20+ yrs and some of the stuff they have told me is just like wow you guys were morons lol

Its came along way in the 4.5 years I've been in the hobby. I know a couple locals that have been in SW for like 20+ yrs and some of the stuff they have told me is just like wow you guys were morons lol

Hey, I'm just saying I needed to upgrade from compact fluorescent to VHO and feed more brine shrimp so my gorgonians could get enough light to truly thrive... So bizarre that my ideal environment still had me replacing them every few months <_<

Wuuttttt? Thats silly! But then again I remember when my aunt had a 50 gallon freshie tank and the cleaning guy would empty the whole thing out once a month and scrub it down with soap to "keep it clean"

Coral naming gives me a headache. I long for the old days when it was green stick blue stick. Glad it's growing well for you, I always had issues with a similarly colored and structured stick in my old 47 ;)

Sometimes the names are just a hard hype BUT you def know what you're buying just from the name. IMO that specific stick is low maintenance.

I wouldn't really put tenius quite in the weed family.... my weeds I avoid are things like digi, pocci, stylo, birds.... they just become calcium leaches to quick and easily. Getting good growth, and weed growth are two totally different things.... your getting good growth ;)

FWIW, my red planet was happiest in moderate flow, and moderate/high light. It had great red coloration and the base was a really bright green. The green is the hard part to get from what I've heard, but mine was always great...... somewhere in there I am sure it still is lol

Yeah I was lucky enough to have kept my old 100g rubbermaid I had as a sump on my old 180. A quick rinse and brought it back in from the garage.... definitely saved my ass. I lost a few things because it took so long to get everything transfered and enough water in the rubbermaid to be able to move stuff over, I can't imagine if I had to actually try to go somewhere or get someone to bring something over to house everything...........

I love me some birds mostly because I dont want hard sps or reef raft type stuff, I just want some cute sticks and these are def cute <3

Its been such a PITA -.- but its looking much better where it is now if anything I may move it again but I dont want it to table and like eat up tons of space or worse shade everything. I'm having that issue with the purple plate

When my nanocube cracked I was super lucky to have an empty 20L on hand but now that I have this one 20 gallons just wouldnt be enough to hold everything especially now that I have so much SPS... they would just kill each other -.-

My thoughts are to get one or two of these and have them in the storage shed outside in case of tank cracks or emergencies. All I'd have to do is rinse them, fill them up and powerhead it up. I would use the return to fill it up quickly and the radion for light.

http://growershouse.com/botanicare-white-grow-trays-26609

I had a buddy whose tank was crashing and the LFS wanted to charge him a huge amount to keep his corals... Dbag move right there. If he didnt live like 6 hours away I would have held them myself.

Yeah but that got kinda confusing too..... and hard to hype for a high $$$ tag. Yo who wants some green tipped stick... sounds like someone has a problem ;)

hahaha x)

Sooooo the 2nd gbta decided to go for a walk one night when I was sleeping, woke up the next morning and it was partially stuck on the mp10 on the opposite side of the tank, shut the mp10 off and it pulled itself out, surprisingly wasn't too mangled since the mp10 was in sleep mode at only 15%, nem moved itself to the top right corner where the clowns sleep. Next day I woke up and the onyx who is the female clown was in the gbta and hasn't left it!

Sooooo the 2nd gbta decided to go for a walk one night when I was sleeping, woke up the next morning and it was partially stuck on the mp10 on the opposite side of the tank, shut the mp10 off and it pulled itself out, surprisingly wasn't too mangled since the mp10 was in sleep mode at only 15%, nem moved itself to the top right corner where the clowns sleep. Next day I woke up and the onyx who is the female clown was in the gbta and hasn't left it!

Finally! Soon the other one will make its way there too! :)

Wuuttttt? Thats silly! But then again I remember when my aunt had a 50 gallon freshie tank and the cleaning guy would empty the whole thing out once a month and scrub it down with soap to "keep it clean"

Sometimes the names are just a hard hype BUT you def know what you're buying just from the name. IMO that specific stick is low maintenance.

I love me some birds mostly because I dont want hard sps or reef raft type stuff, I just want some cute sticks and these are def cute <3

Its been such a PITA -.- but its looking much better where it is now if anything I may move it again but I dont want it to table and like eat up tons of space or worse shade everything. I'm having that issue with the purple plate

When my nanocube cracked I was super lucky to have an empty 20L on hand but now that I have this one 20 gallons just wouldnt be enough to hold everything especially now that I have so much SPS... they would just kill each other -.-

My thoughts are to get one or two of these and have them in the storage shed outside in case of tank cracks or emergencies. All I'd have to do is rinse them, fill them up and powerhead it up. I would use the return to fill it up quickly and the radion for light.

http://growershouse.com/botanicare-white-grow-trays-26609

I had a buddy whose tank was crashing and the LFS wanted to charge him a huge amount to keep his corals... Dbag move right there. If he didnt live like 6 hours away I would have held them myself.

hahaha x)

Yeah they did some silly stuff back in the day not to long ago lol

The names are mostly hype..... but even with the names you don't always know what your getting simply because... well look at your "blue monster" ;)

Birds and all that are alright, just not my thing. I'm not knockin ya for havin em.... please forgive my coral snobness lol One trick you should learn... if you know it is a tabler/plater put it lower so it won't shade cool shit. Some of the easier NPS, or lower light demanding corals even under a nice tabeling coral with bad ass branchers above..... priceless :)

Those trays look pretty cool, but kinda shallow so you would probably have to turn the radion down (not a huge issue beats losin shit for sure). Better then nothin for sure as long as rock and corals fit height wise.

The plan is to use the tubs just for coral and then get deeper boxes to store the rock.

The pretty zoa frag you sent is alive.

IMG_20131112_171531835.jpg

crappy pic, though.

Yay!

Do you want a butt ton of yellow birds nest? lol

Your potential Secret Santa wouldn't mind a bit as long as there is a bit of that magenta with it ;)

Your potential Secret Santa wouldn't mind a bit as long as there is a bit of that magenta with it ;)

Lmao I am taking just two more frags out of the magenta this year maybeeeee my potential SS will receive some

Sure, I'll kill the shit out of it LOL :)

Lmao you're deadly x)

I have the Claya magenta. :)

ClayaLaLeona's Magenta birdsnest :wub:

Not worth $500, I have seen some cool totally worth it $500+ BTA's

It's gotta be an awesome nem for me to drop $500....

Speaking of dropping money I GOT THE PS4 It's up in my office and people are playing Ghosts. It's amazing :3

Archived