inTank Media Baskets

Introducing the Maxspect Razor Nano LED

CoralVue Aquarium Products

flypenfly

PAR number are through air, too many variables when publishing PAR testing results through water. The Razor Nano's mounting has been improved, The rods are can be slightly bent to eliminate any bow when at full extension.

Chris

Thanks, how much clearance do you need in the back to secure the mount?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really interested in this light vs diy leds mainly for aesthetics but I had two questions.

Will this light be compatible with say a reef angel or other controller even though it Is built in? I would simply like wireless control and the ability of weather simulations.

Also is there any other mounting options just to consider If bowing becomes an Issue, I Have a 29g biocube.

None of those things work with any Razor light as they have their own somewhat archaic built in controller which is a pain to program and only has six control points.

You can ceiling mount or tank mount the light.

I'm really interested in this light vs diy leds mainly for aesthetics but I had two questions. Will this light be compatible with say a reef angel or other controller even though it Is built in? I would simply like wireless control and the ability of weather simulations. Also is there any other mounting options just to consider If bowing becomes an Issue, I Have a 29g biocube.

None of those things work with any Razor light as they have their own somewhat archaic built in controller which is a pain to program and only has six control points.

You can ceiling mount or tank mount the light.

• 7 months later...

Maxspect LED is announcing to latest addition to their R420R "Razor" lineup with The Razor Nano.

Check out Reef Builders: http://reefbuilders.com/2013/02/26/razor-nano-led-maxspect/

We are expecting The Razor Nano to be available May 1st, pricing will be announced shortly.

Chris

CoralVue

hey chris check my thread out with the maxspect 300 looking good, hope to transfer all my stuff into the tank in the next 3 weeks

hey chris check my thread out with the maxspect 300 looking good, hope to transfer all my stuff into the tank in the next 3 weeks

Do you have a link to the thread? Not finding it easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

I will be purchasing my first tank soon, size 24"x16"x16", and I really want to pair it with the Maxspec nano 60w. I read on this thread that the 60w can cover an area 24"x24", so I figured it would be the perfect light for my tank. However my LFS expressed concern that it might not be big enough for a 24" tank, and suggested if I was really set on purchasing the nano, I might need to use a wide angle lens with the 60w to cover my tank area.

Would I need to use a wide angle lens? Is this something built in that I switch over to, or a separate item that I would need to install on the light? Or would the nano be fine WITHOUT a wide angle lens for the 24"x16"x16"?

I'll be starting with LPS's and softies, but I hope to eventually get a clam, and MAYBE some SPS's, if all goes well, so I really want a light that will "do it all".....

Thanks.

I've bought and installed this LED in my new tank. First impression is very good after T5.

I have a foto after start (very muddy water), it is late evening (blue light)

post-78908-0-54917600-1396300480_thumb.jpg

masterbuilder

I maybe Chris will answer ...BUT... I would go with the 120W (20") Razor. The Nano Razor is not a "do it all" for the tank you described. More money now but lots saved later.

Hello!

I will be purchasing my first tank soon, size 24"x16"x16", and I really want to pair it with the Maxspec nano 60w. I read on this thread that the 60w can cover an area 24"x24", so I figured it would be the perfect light for my tank. However my LFS expressed concern that it might not be big enough for a 24" tank, and suggested if I was really set on purchasing the nano, I might need to use a wide angle lens with the 60w to cover my tank area.

Would I need to use a wide angle lens? Is this something built in that I switch over to, or a separate item that I would need to install on the light? Or would the nano be fine WITHOUT a wide angle lens for the 24"x16"x16"?

I'll be starting with LPS's and softies, but I hope to eventually get a clam, and MAYBE some SPS's, if all goes well, so I really want a light that will "do it all".....

Thanks.

I can't afford the 20", 120w Razor. :-(

I saw that the 60w covered a 24"x24" area, so I thought it would be okay with a 24x16 tank......

masterbuilder

Well then maybe a perfect solution would be get a 18" cube from Pico Aquariums. Little smaller tank would help with your budget as well. On top of it all...the Nano Razor and Pico's 18 incher or even the 15 incher are a match made in heaven. Good luck what ever way you go. Keep us updated.

I was originally going to go with the CAD Lights 18 gallon, and my LFS had it paired with the 60w Razor, and I fell in love! But once I started researching and getting serious about buying, I realized I'd be more limited with the 18 gallon than I wanted to be, so I am going with the CAD 28 gallon instead. But I love the small footprint of the Razors, and I like that it is programmable too!

Will be ordering the tank next week, so I will definately keep you posted! :-)

Well, I don't have to worry anymore about whether the 60w Razor would be too small for the 28 gallon tank I was going to order, and I don't have to cry about not being able to afford the larger 120w Razor instead.......I just snapped up a lightly used 20", 120w Razor yesterday at my local fish show !!! Half price!

AND I left with a tank - my local fish store knew I was going with the CAD 28, and he just happened to find one at a private auction recently, brand new and still in the box. He brought it to the show, hoping I'd come by. So tank, stand, and light are in my dining room. Now have to go get supplies and get cycling! Will post a pic when I get things rolling. So excited I got the 120w Razor afterall. :D And a plus is the power source is much smaller than I was expecting, so it will fit in the stand with room to spare.

Well, here it is! CAD 28 gallon bowfront (not starfire glass), and 120 w Maxspec Razor. 29 lbs marco dry rock, 1" aragonite sand bed, just beginning to cycle! I am so happy I found the 120w razor used! It certainly IS the better sized razor for that tank.

It is a fantastic light, and the shimmer effect in the tank and on my ceiling is absolutely beautiful. :-) I will have to play around with the programming feature........

Just a question, I turned it on for a few hours last night, just for the "ooooh" "Ahhh" factor, but when I turned it off, the power supply unit was quite warm to the touch. Is that normal?

post-83989-0-08311100-1397392556_thumb.jpg

I'm relatively new tot he hobby and currently have a coralife 14g biocube. I want to get started in fragging. I'm going to be getting a 24x24x12 tank to be used as a frag tank. Which razor would be best suited for fragging and how high above the water should it be. Thsnks

I'm relatively new tot he hobby and currently have a coralife 14g biocube. I want to get started in fragging. I'm going to be getting a 24x24x12 tank to be used as a frag tank. Which razor would be best suited for fragging and how high above the water should it be. Thsnks

I recommend the 120W (20.5") Razor for your biocube.

Chris

Chris;

The razor you recommended sounds like it was for the 14g biocube. I was asking about a razor for the 24x24x12 tank and the height above the water for that tank. Please clarify.

Thanks for the info.

Dan

• 7 months later...

Can we get pictures of the power supply? The ungodly HUGE power supply is the only reason I don't have a 20" Razor over my current tank.

.... Still wanna see a few pictures or dimensions of the ballast. Being I don't have a stand(just a small equipment box) my space is EXTREMELY limited.

+1

Archived