Top Shelf Aquatics

Introducing the Maxspect Razor Nano LED

CoralVue Aquarium Products

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably a stupid question but this one is going to be full spectrum like its big brother right?

+1! Please let us know. Is this going to be white/blue or full spectrum? For that price I'm assuming its white blue combo which no doubt will look great, but I already have that... If full spec I'm pretty much sold.

• 2 weeks later...

The Maxspect Razor Nano is expected to be available by May 1st. MSRP is $289.99.

Chris

CoralVue

Chris, can you tell me where I can pre-order one of these in western Canada now, or Canada in general.? And when I would expect to receive it?

I am planning a new build and this light is the perfect fit !

Thank you,

Christine

Chris, can you tell me where I can pre-order one of these in western Canada now, or Canada in general.? And when I would expect to receive it?

I am planning a new build and this light is the perfect fit !

Thank you,

Christine

Christine,

CoralVue is the master distributor for the US only, Canada has their own supplier. Please see http://www.maxspect.ca/ for suppliers in Canada.

Chris

CoralVue

Christine,

CoralVue is the master distributor for the US only, Canada has their own supplier. Please see http://www.maxspect.ca/ for suppliers in Canada.

Chris

CoralVue

Uhhh, okay thanks Chris will do.

Christine

Will it have thunderstorm feature?

No, the Razor series does not offer any weather features.

Chris

CoralVue

Deleted User 4

Hey there Chris,

I was wondering if you could make nano razors to come in silver and or white, and not just black?

I want to get a nano razor but because it's in black, it won't look as good than if it were in silver/white to match my Ada tank.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Hey there Chris, I was wondering if you could make nano razors to come in silver and or white, and not just black? I want to get a nano razor but because it's in black, it won't look as good than if it were in silver/white to match my Ada tank. Please let me know. Thanks.

All of the Razors are a dark silver with black endcaps, this is the only color they will be offered in.

Chris

CoralVue

• 2 weeks later...

Note:

The Nano fixture is totally passive with no built in fans.

Lets hope it doesn't fry prematurely

WOW, what a Debbie Downer!

Why would it "fry prematurely"? Maxspect has done all of the necessary testing to ensure that the Razor Nano will be as robust as the other models. The 120W and 160W Razor fans only come on when the surface temperature rises above 125 degrees F. With only 60 watts of heat to dissipate over the Razor's large heatsink body, there is no heat issue to worry about.

Chris

Can someone explain the color temperature differences? 8000 vs 10000 vs 160000, thanks!

With both channels A & B at 100% the light output is at the rated color spectrum (8000K, 1000K or 16000K). Since the Razors are adjustable from 0-100% on both channels you can dial in +/-4000K in both directions of the models rating.

Chris.

Chris I am planning a new build now, I'm hoping to use the Nano Razor. Perfect for the ADA 30C cube.

Good luck with youe ADA 30C, the Razor Nano is ideal for a 24" x 24" or less aquarium.

Chris

The Razor Nano will cover a 24" x 24" area.

Chris

Thats funny cause my friend wasnt very impressed with par numbers over his 24x24x12 tall with a 120.I wasnt impressed with coverage of my 27 inch over my 36 inch tank and sold after month after doing readings on it also.Great lights when over small enough tanks imo but you guys really really push what you say your lights will cover.Maybe 24x24 with mushrooms and nps on outside 6 inches or so.

Marine Depot received the Razor Nano on May 2nd and started shipping on the 3rd. Pretty darn close to the May 1st estimate we posted.

Cullent17
Marine Depot received the Razor Nano on May 2nd and started shipping on the 3rd. Pretty darn close to the May 1st estimate we posted.

Awesome!!!!!!!

flypenfly

Are the PAR numbers for this through air or water?

Been thinking about this light for my 24x24x24 cube but I'm worried that the mount will bow at full extension just like it's bigger brothers.

Are the PAR numbers for this through air or water?

Been thinking about this light for my 24x24x24 cube but I'm worried that the mount will bow at full extension just like it's bigger brothers.

PAR number are through air, too many variables when publishing PAR testing results through water. The Razor Nano's mounting has been improved, The rods are can be slightly bent to eliminate any bow when at full extension.

Chris

Archived