Innovative Marine Aquariums

The get away place

drtybacn

I got it a LFS is Wilkesboro NC. It was the last one they had and I think I paid 12 bucks for it. It didnt last long in there cause dummy me was moving some rock around and crushed it.

Aww that sucks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chemi-pure elite is junk IMO. all it is is low grade carbon, a tiny amount of GFO that doesn't even make a difference, and a freshwater resin. Its kind of stupid that it's even still considered a saltwater product at all at this point.

I tried the chemipure elite, it was fantastic, when it was done I tried the Purigen- nothing kept my tank as sparkly as the elite does. After a month I switched back. If the sand was moved around even or after feeding etc, everything settled and was clear so quickly, I couldn't get that w/ Purigen. So my experience was different. I have no phosphates so don't need the Purigen anyway.

Well, just got in from a long day! Went to Reefers Den and got a few things. I purchased 2 peppermint shrimp, a orange plate coral and a war coral for $40.00

Not bad in my opinion. I will get some pics of the coral latter. And of course the shrimp went into the rock work and never to be seen. Once they get used to the tank they will come out.

So if anyone has some tips on care for the war coral would be nice. Im pretty sure it will do just fine on the sand. Has anyone had any success with this coral?

lnglostsurfer

Whoa, I want that plate coral! Small plate corals that I've seen usually go for 30 or 40 bucks, and that's normal colored ones. I haven't seen hardly any red ones before. Let alone for $15 bucks. Might be worth a drive to that lfs once I get some cash built up again...Wilkesboro, I'll have to see how far away that is from Asheville

This place is in hickory that I got these from. Facebook look for The Reefers Den. This guy has a small shop but has amazing stuff. If you want to make a road trip Winston is were ya wanna go. There is a shop called Triad Reef Critters. They are the best for price and variety. Its a drive for you but well worth it.

Yeah that plate is cool looking. He said that he had it for a month and no one wanted it. Like you said all the other plates are like 30 bucks.

So if anyone has some tips on care for the war coral would be nice. Im pretty sure it will do just fine on the sand. Has anyone had any success with this coral?
Lower light..... It will be just fine on your sand bed. They do have some sweeper tenacles so give it a few inches of space. One of my favorite corals.

You can see mine in my sig. Very easy to take care of, place in saltwater and profit! Mine has never been picky about flow or light at all.

I'm really wanting to build my own light. More of a cannon light with the full spect. all in one chip from ledgroupbuy. The razor is really cool but I want to pull more color out of it.

Dont have anything today on my tank.

Instead here is a pic of my little girl helping her daddy clean the siding today!

1382999_10200549563843562_1525357457_n.j

Well I am going to a larger tank for my display. I will keep this tank running with macro/pod hotel. I will be running a 29g display with a 10g sump. I'm letting the tank cycle and then onward with adding live stock.

Archived