ReefCleaners.org

CADLights Aquariums Official FAQ section and help desk

CAD-Aqua

Makes sense. The suction cups I guess would be for other applications I suppose. Last question, is the pump compatible with LocLine?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 18G Mini-II pump is 250GPH which is pretty fast for the tank size and move the water nicely in all directions. but if you want to use a Loc-line for directional, you can first remove the male adapter, then use a 5/8" tubing and cut about 1" length and can be used as an coupling to fit the male threads of the pump onto the male thread of the 1/2" loc-line. this is probably the simplest way to connect both. they have black vinyl tubing to be more discreet looking.

Thanks so much

Scott

• 5 weeks later...
Don.Chaneaux

The 18G Mini-II pump is 250GPH which is pretty fast for the tank size and move the water nicely in all directions. but if you want to use a Loc-line for directional, you can first remove the male adapter, then use a 5/8" tubing and cut about 1" length and can be used as an coupling to fit the male threads of the pump onto the male thread of the 1/2" loc-line. this is probably the simplest way to connect both. they have black vinyl tubing to be more discreet looking.

Thanks so much

Scott

For the 18G Mini II pump, what pieces will I need to relocate the return pump to the bottom of the sump and ultimately ending with a loc-line at the end. Specifically tubing size, elbow size, etc.

Thanks!

Hey Don

The 18G Mini pump is designed to be elevated off the floor to eliminate noise and prevent debris from going directly into the pump. these 2 features prolong the life of the pump significantly.

if you want to use loc-line, as long as you use a size where the male adapter fits into the hole of the pump chamber will be fine. from there you can use a 90 degree elbow and connect to the original pump fitting.

Do you have any pictures of the rear chambers for aio tanks?

Mostly the 18g mini tank.

I would really like to see the way it is design and what I could do with it.

Really looking into this tank.

• 1 month later...

Hey Scott, can you check your email and PMs please. I need to get some info on when my tank will be coming.

• 4 months later...

I have a question. How high the water level supposed to be in a middle chamber ( refuge area ) ? Mine goes all the way up above two baffles. Is it normal? Its a 28g bowfront. Thanks

Hi, Dr. Phil (love your show btw :)

Ok, for the chambers in the back, I would recommend around 1/2 way or 6" if you are running our PLS-50 Elite skimmer.

being above the 2 baffles is normal as the water needs to flow over them.

Thanks

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Archived