Pod Your Reef

CADLights Aquariums Official FAQ section and help desk

CAD-Aqua

Hello again!

Two more quick questions, if I may? You told me the re-designed 28 gallon will now fit the CAD-50 skimmer and nano-reactor. I just wanted to confirm the skimmer fitting, because the CAD website only mentions the Nano-reactor fitting in the back, and although it gives the option of buying the nano reactor with the package, it does not give the option of purchasing the skimmer.......

Also, the 28 gallon does not come with lights. Just wondered what CAD planned on offering as a lighting system with the 28 gallon? I can't find any individually priced lighting systems on the website, other than the little flip-up ones that come with the 4, 8, and 18 gallon minis....

Thanks so much!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Littorina

Thanks for your message. That's correct, the new 28G Signature has been redesigned to fit both the PLS-50 and the NR-1 reactors as well as a small refugium area for Chaeto, refugium substrate etc. very practical and powerful design to be able to feature 3 of the most reliable and effective filtration methods for reef filtration: professional protein skimmer, 50G Bio-reactor, designated refugium area all packed into one system.

we are planning on using the 34G Mini-II 3W x 9 bulbs (Bridgelux) LED as the main lighting option for the 28G.

Thanks so much

Scott

Hi, Littorina

We have updated the new 28G Signature series system. the PLS-50 and NR-1 options are available for equipping onto the 28G.

Thanks

Scott

I'm a newbie Scott, please forgive my naivety......the 27 w lighting system you mentioned (which I just peeked at, and I really like it's small footprint and look!)....I read on your site it can support SPS's, but can it also support clams?

I'm obviously going to begin with softies and LPS's, but I do want a clam once my water parameters and tank are in great condition.......

Thanks!.

Hi.

I have the 34G Mini-II and am close to getting it cycling. I'm placing it on a granite surface. Should I put some foam between the tank and the granite or is that only necessary if the surface is uneven?

Thanks!

Hi, Gti

Yes, definitely put a sheet of foam in between as the density of both the glass of the aquarium and the granite are similar.

I just picked up the 16gl cube, and I had a question about setup? I mounted the pump right behind the hole for the return line, but It is way higher than the last glass wall in the filtration area. Is there a specific tube an connector I can use so I can place the pump in the third water chamber?

Hi, Dag

Thank you for your post. the 18G Mini-II's pump is suspended off the bottom to minimize noise. the last baffle wall is to make a controlled water level for the skimmer and reactor. theres no need to add a tube in there as the water will renew in that last chamber once every minute or so when the pump is on.

Thanks so much

Scott

Hi there!

I just purchased the CAD 28 gallon bowfront. I was wondering if you knew the wattage of the return pump in that tank? There is nothing written on the pump itself, and I have no instruction booklet.

I'd like to set up a battery back up system, and I want to know the wattage so I can calculate how much power would be drawn out of a backup unit during an outage, and purchase the appropriate backup system....

Thanks!

Hey Scott, anyway to order an extra pls100 collection cup. I want to send one to avast to retrofit a neck cleaner. And I think there's someone else on another thread trying to get a pls50 cup.

Thanks bro

Stupid question. I have the 18g mini II. I purchased with the skimmer an will be purchasing the media reactor soon as well. Where in the back chamber would be the most effective place to put the skimmer and reactor? Thanks!!

Hi, Neebles

We just received an inquiry from our email that asked a similar questions, so I copied and pasted it here:

the 18G Mini-II's center chamber is specially designed for fitting the PLS-50 and the NR-1 side by side for the most effective results. there is a support bracket built inside the center chamber for the PLS-50 to hang onto, then the NR-1 sits next to the skimmer for the effluent to be directly skimmed out. I attached a picture here for you to see how they go side by side. one of the pictures has both the PLS-50 and the NR-1 on a top view (this tank is the 8G Mini-II, so it is much shorter. the 18G Mini-II is taller and the PLS-50 will be hidden). the other picture is the 18G and shows how it clamps onto the glass brace.

post-38260-0-56242400-1397588156_thumb.jpg

Pic of the 8G Mini-II. the 18G is taller so the PLS-5 and the NR-1 is completely hidden

post-38260-0-23847300-1397588176.jpg

Thanks so much guys

Hey Scott, anyway to order an extra pls100 collection cup. I want to send one to avast to retrofit a neck cleaner. And I think there's someone else on another thread trying to get a pls50 cup.

Thanks bro

Hey EckoZulu

How're you doing today. sure the collection cup is available to be purchased separately. please call and we can help you further.

Thanks

Scott

Hey Neebes,

No worries, glad we were able to help you guys

Another stupid question... How is the stock return pump supposed to be orientated in its chamber? the suction cups wont reach the back wall, the floor is too low.. thanks

Another stupid question... How is the stock return pump supposed to be orientated in its chamber? the suction cups wont reach the back wall, the floor is too low.. thanks

Hi, Dag

Thank you for your post. the 18G Mini-II's pump is suspended off the bottom to minimize noise. the last baffle wall is to make a controlled water level for the skimmer and reactor. theres no need to add a tube in there as the water will renew in that last chamber once every minute or so when the pump is on.

Thanks so much

Scott

Right but is it supposed to be suspended off the bottom and attached to the wall with the suction cups, or do you just kinda screw the nozzle on there and let it hang by the return hole in the back wall?

Hey Neebles

The pump is connected only to the false wall and doesn't touch any where else. This makes the tank run much more silent.

Thanks

Archived