Innovative Marine Aquariums

ZX6Reefer's 10g - Running out of room....

ZX6Reefer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fed heavily and then did a water change last night. I really should start testing I suppose...

20130218-DSC_0293_zps0a6ba30a.jpg

20130218-DSC_0294_zps841abb75.jpg

20130218-DSC_0295_zps671d1628.jpg

20130218-DSC_0286_zps7bb9dcb4.jpg

20130218-DSC_0287_zps3977edf1.jpg

20130218-DSC_0289_zpsd0580dc3.jpg

Is it normal for frogspawn tips to look like this? I'm not sure if this is getting better or worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay new growth!

20130304-DSC_0302_zps203cd1c6.jpg

20130304-DSC_0304_zpsddfb4571.jpg

20130304-DSC_0303_zps5225c92f.jpg

I am now battling my pistol shrimp over where the sand should be. He insists that it all gets piled up on his side of the tank, but I disagree.

20130304-DSC_0308_zps34ef19b1.jpg

20130304-DSC_0307_zps5818db64.jpg

:\

SeahawkReefer

Tank and pics look beautiful as usual! How many pounds of sand do you have? What is the average depth?I hear that is a common complaint about pistol shrimp... if you had a deeper sand bed, it might not get bare in spots, but the shrimp will still make sand mounds... good luck!

Tank and pics look beautiful as usual! How many pounds of sand do you have? What is the average depth?I hear that is a common complaint about pistol shrimp... if you had a deeper sand bed, it might not get bare in spots, but the shrimp will still make sand mounds... good luck!

Thanks!

I'm not sure how many pounds are in there, but the average depth is ~1 inch. I'm going to pick up a goby for him soon so maybe he will quit. If not I'll get more sand.

Nice pics!! Love that you post a ton of pics

Thanks!

I really enjoy shooting the tank. I'm still trying to get used to the leds, though. They mess with the white balance and color a lot. Hopefully the quality will improve as time goes on.

A little off topic, but here's what my planted tank looks like since I've started the reef. As you can see, I haven't kept up on trimming and now it's growing out of the top of the tank.

I haven't done a water change in a couple of months now... :\

20130305-DSC_0309_zps6933e36d.jpg

Thanks! It's almost like having 3 tanks in one...

...at least that's what I keep telling myself so I don't end up with multiple tank syndrome. :lol:

For me its the build and the fill that is great, watching things grow daily, not so much, but nothing beats mature tank. too bad it a hurry and wait hobby

I have MTS...no bueno.

I fight myself to set up new tanks, I really enjoy the build part of the hobby.

Same here. I'm moving in a few months so I'm putting off doing anything new for a while. I'm going to sell my freshwater setup and possibly transport the 10g when I move. As Ted Kennedy said, "We'll drive off that bridge when we get to it."

For me its the build and the fill that is great, watching things grow daily, not so much, but nothing beats mature tank. too bad it a hurry and wait hobby

I like the hurry up and wait aspect. The slow growth is great compared to the weekly/bi-weekly trimmings required for my freshwater planted tank.

Got a few new additions to the tank. My clownfish went to my parents house and immediately took a liking to their female perc. I was feeling bad for him since he was all alone in there.

20130313-DSC_0311_zps6484fa16.jpg

The yellow clown goby immediately claimed this ric as his home. I also got a black clown goby but he is perched on top of my powerhead overlooking the tank. Hard to get a shot of him there, though. Luckily, I haven't seen any aggression between them yet.

20130313-DSC_0314_zpsaab4d7ab.jpg

The hi-fin has already paired with the pistol shrimp, but chose an opening at the very back of the tank so the picture sucks. I'm hoping they'll eventually move so I can see them a bit better.

Everyone is eating good today and hopefully it'll stay that way...

Dion_Blaster

black and yellow black and yellow ;) couldnt resist. Sweet tank tho, set up one up almost exactly the same (with the false back to hide all the equipment)

Archived