Top Shelf Aquatics

laguna's 40 breeder

lagunastudio

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

First off your tank is amazing!!! I have a question about your ai sols. Can you share your settings for the ai sols? My tank is really similar to your, 39 x 18 x 19, and I would really like to apply your settings to my setup.

• 4 weeks later...

OH MY GAWD!! This tank is superb! SPS + breeder = win win! Do you dose? I wasnt mentioned in your equipment list, I wonder imagine your Alk and calcium dropping like tanks with that much awesomeness in that tank!

• 1 month later...

thank you fellas.

First off your tank is amazing!!! I have a question about your ai sols. Can you share your settings for the ai sols? My tank is really similar to your, 39 x 18 x 19, and I would really like to apply your settings to my setup.

T1 - 8AM - W075 / B075 / R080

T2 - 10AM - W095 / B095 / R095

T3 - 12PM - W100 / B100 / R100

T4 - 2PM - W100 / B100 / R100

T5 - 4PM - W100 / B100 / R100

T6 - 6PM - W080 / B090 / R090

T7 - 8PM - W015 / B030 / R050

T8 - 9PM - W000 / B020 / R040

T9 - 10PM - W000 / B009 / R008 - Lunar Mode

T10 - 12AM - W000/ B009 / R008 - Lunar Mode

T11 - 6AM - W010 / B010 / R012

T2 - 7AM - W020 / B050 / R075

ramp up slowly, it took me several months to get them at 100%

Any updates?

I need to post some photos, I've been super busy with school.

OH MY GAWD!! This tank is superb! SPS + breeder = win win! Do you dose? I wasnt mentioned in your equipment list, I wonder imagine your Alk and calcium dropping like tanks with that much awesomeness in that tank!

I've been in a rut and not that in to my tank for a while.. school's been busy. I used to test the water and dose constantly but the past 2-3 months I hardly dose at all and everything is doing great.

Look at that ... look at the size of some of those pieces. Holy crap it's gorgeous!

Thanks for the update!

From what I can tell it looks like you have the same caulerpa that I have in my 40, small bit came in on some rock. A toothbrush on the leaves makes it palatable for some of my hermits but the tang has not touched it as far as I can tell. Caulerpa growth has slowed down lately, not sure why, while hair algae growth on the tank walls has picked up. It seems whenever I lower nutrients to battle hair algae the Caulerpa picks up speed.

I've been running with insane feedings to help color up my corals and once again Caulerpa growth is slowed. Maddening.

Thanks all for the compliments and checking it out. I feel like the colors of my coral have gone down hill. I've been neglecting the tank a bit and haven't been dosing enough. I've been spending more time with it so the colors should come back in the next few months.

Look at that ... look at the size of some of those pieces. Holy crap it's gorgeous!

Thanks for the update!

From what I can tell it looks like you have the same caulerpa that I have in my 40, small bit came in on some rock. A toothbrush on the leaves makes it palatable for some of my hermits but the tang has not touched it as far as I can tell. Caulerpa growth has slowed down lately, not sure why, while hair algae growth on the tank walls has picked up. It seems whenever I lower nutrients to battle hair algae the Caulerpa picks up speed.

I've been running with insane feedings to help color up my corals and once again Caulerpa growth is slowed. Maddening.

Yes, I think you're right. It seems the only option for me is to pull it by hand every week or two. I will never use anything but chaeto in the future. Thanks for the compliment!

OMG !!!! That's a forest !!! Wow, your tank is simply amazing :o

Thank you.

Relatively new superman monti that just started taking off. I love the bright red and blue color of this coral.

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/shapeshavefangs/media/SupermanMonti_zps349b3258.jpg.html'>SupermanMonti_zps349b3258.jpg

Archived