Cultivated Reef

Mp10 Shield Group Buy Shipped!

PicO Aquariums

Bah, damn slow Canadian shipping...

Looks great! Let's say I wanted to get this beauty flame polished, where should I start about looking to do that?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! Let's say I wanted to get this beauty flame polished, where should I start about looking to do that?

Get yourself a propane torch and just run it around the edges at a medium pace. There are YouTube vids too.

Bah, damn slow Canadian shipping...

Grab a lighter and do it. It only takes a few seconds. I couldn't find my lighter so I just put it in the tank for now. Wife is gonna pick me one up on the way home.

Oh that's so easy than. Thanks for the tips Fnard & eddiecorrea

Haha might have to go with the lighter as the tiger torch at home may be a little too strong :P

Oh that's so easy than. Thanks for the tips Fnard & eddiecorrea

Haha might have to go with the lighter as the tiger torch at home may be a little too strong :P

A small torch lighter will work as well. A normal lighter takes awhile because it isn't as hot as the butane ones.

Got mine!

Great packaging.

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Looks great! Very high quality build.

IMG_0365.jpg

Alittle bigger than I thought it would be.

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

All you do is complain.

I'm going to punch you in the throat. :wub:

I'm going to punch you in the throat. :wub:

That would be your last act on this earth.

• Like 1

just put in an order for one.. bummed I missed the sale though. Was looking at getting the other guys but he wouldn't tell me where to pay.. his loss your gain.

Got mine and I love it. I was using "someone else's" before I installed the PICO one, and I love how the PICO is larger. The other one could still suck in a vortex or two due to its small size when cranked up. I can blast my mp10 now, AND I don't have an ugly over the top with nylon screws design staring at me every day now....yayyyyy

PicO Aquariums

Thanks for all the feedback. I actually added 1/2" to the length of my first prototype of the unit because it also still sucked in a few gulps of air at full bore. Granted that was at 3/4" from the top of the water but still. The extra 1/2" pretty much sealed the deal and it's not to ugly.

Archived