Top Shelf Aquatics

Reeferman's Evo 8

reeferman81

Yeah, I read about that and was cautious, increasing the light by 3% about once a week. A pocillopora directly under the light RTNd and took out half of my SPS and the rest bleached. Hopefully others have better luck, but throwing that out there as my horrible example since I apparently learn just about everything the hard way. :-)

Don't we all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank is lookin good man! Just picked up the Evo 4 today and definitely following this thread for tips.

After reading on here definitely getting a maxi-jet and drill another slot in the divider, and I think for chamber one I'm just gonna put the ac30 I was gonna use so it'll make it easier to run media and keep everything flowing, and I might modify it so some of the flow goes back into the display but not sure how yet.

• 1 month later...
BattleAthletics

So im going to copy your build on my 8 that im setting up, maybe not the light but everything else yes. I need to find a way to create the media basket.

• 3 years later...

im using s hydor pico 300(300gph), im trying to go without a powerhead in tank. but i have nothing in chambers right now as its cycling, wonder what its gunna looking like once i do. i plan on drilling the holes at the bottom of chamber 1.

IMG_2003.JPG

On 1/7/2013 at 0:16 AM, reeferman81 said:

If anyone else wants a Evo 8 media basket let me know I might make a couple they will be CNC acrylic.

heh, i know this is old! but any chance you still have one of these laying around?

Archived