4 rics

1 Barnacle Blenny

1 Sexy Shrimp

1 Yashia Hayes Goby

1 Randalls Pistol Shrimp

Also a cleanup crew.

Update added 2 very small cleaner shrimp

another sexy shrimp and a green banded goby

That should do it for live stock other than some more coral frags.

I did some mods as well added live rock to the first chamber moved cheato under first chamber with fuge light. Also added a Reef Octo NS80 for grins.

CAM00262-1.jpg

Barnacle blenny's head

CAM00268-1-1.jpg

CAM00270.jpg

CAM00275.jpg

CAM00274.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here some pics of the livestock I have so far

Here is a list of what I have

4 rics

1 Barnacle Blenny

1 Sexy Shrimp

1 Yashia Hayes Goby

1 Randalls Pistol Shrimp

Also a cleanup crew.

I did some mods as well added live rock to the first chamber moved cheato under first chamber with fuge light. Also added a Reef Octo NS80 for grins.

CAM00262-1.jpg

Barnacle blenny's head

CAM00268-1-1.jpg

CAM00270.jpg

CAM00275.jpg

CAM00274.jpg

Sorry for some reason it posted twice

nice tank, looks like some good mods on there, mines the evo 4 so i got less room, but i do like this tank alot, though im thinkin of adding more rock just to help with filtration, hows the pistol shrimp? im thinkin of adding one to my tank as kind of a focal point. im still waiting for my white star polyp to open, it had a few buds sticking out this morning right after i turned the lights on. anyway real nice tank

• Like 1
nice tank, looks like some good mods on there, mines the evo 4 so i got less room, but i do like this tank alot, though im thinkin of adding more rock just to help with filtration, hows the pistol shrimp? im thinkin of adding one to my tank as kind of a focal point. im still waiting for my white star polyp to open, it had a few buds sticking out this morning right after i turned the lights on. anyway real nice tank

Thanks.... I'm still adding coral to the tank so it's still a work in progress lol. The pistol shrimp is cool he is constantly working on his burrow and the Yasha goby paired with him within a day. Barnacle blennies are cool you could probably keep one in your 4 gal they only get to be 2 inch max.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to make a silencer for my skimmer venturi intake wife said it was making a lot of noise. It sits right next to the bed. So this is what I came up with a 2 in piece of 1/2 in pvc, and 2, 1/2 in caps drilled a 1/4 inch hole in each cap. I also upgraded the venturi tubing itself stock tube was really flimsy. Here's a pic you'll get the idea.

CAM00335-1-1.jpg

Did a water test stirred up the substrate then took samples and the parameters look awesome. Also did water change afterwards.

sorry, I'm new to this hobby but quick question. To really know if you have your chemistry right, you stirred up your substrate then checked your parameter? I've never heard of that way to test for nitrate/nitrite/ammonia before. Please clarify for me :) Thanks!!

Tank is looking good. Mine's still going strong but one thing to watch out for. The acrylic is starting to craze. Hopefully it won't get too bad.

Did a water test stirred up the substrate then took samples and the parameters look awesome. Also did water change afterwards.

sorry, I'm new to this hobby but quick question. To really know if you have your chemistry right, you stirred up your substrate then checked your parameter? I've never heard of that way to test for nitrate/nitrite/ammonia before. Please clarify for me :) Thanks!!

By stirring up my sub

I do this to test my biofiltration. I stir up the substrate and test the I wait and hour test again everything should be near zero again. It works and by stirring up the bottom I get all the stuff in the water column for the water change.

• Like 1

By stirring up my sub I do this to test my biofiltration. I stir up the substrate and test the I wait and hour test again everything should be near zero again. It works and by stirring up the bottom I get all the stuff in the water column for the water change.

Do you suggest I do that too before I put in any corals or CUC?

nice looking tank, i just got my pistol shrimp, so happy to finaly get it. still having that algae problem, so i stuffed a protein skimmer in the back, hopefuly it will at least help

• Like 1

looking good, my algae is starting to subside, thank the reef god, ive been reading more, and it seams alot of people think a skimmer in a 4 gallon isnt worth it, what do you think?

looking good, my algae is starting to subside, thank the reef god, ive been reading more, and it seams alot of people think a skimmer in a 4 gallon isnt worth it, what do you think?

Better over kill then under kill. So yeah check out BH NS80 up to 25 gals love mine man.

So I haven't discussed my supplement dosing. I'm only dosing 3 things because I only dose what I test for. I dose B-ionic 2 part twice a week 2.5 ml and B-ionic Mag 2.5 ml twice a week, I also do a 1 1/2 gals a week water change with B-ionic salt mix. This has kept my water params far more stable then expected.

Here is some more pics of the tanked cleaned up a little.

CAM00481.jpgCAM00472.jpg

A crappy pic of one of the bird of paradise birds nest frags I got for free coloring up well

CAM00470.jpgCAM00480.jpg

This side pic came out better than I thought.

CAM00479.jpg

I did some therapy shopping after finding out that my Paypal account was hacked and 1500 hundred bucks is gone but I talked to the people at PP and they said my money will be returned but might take a month to a month and a half lame. I did however stop by my lfs and picked up some sick frags. 2 sunset montipora, a super natural montipora, and a superman montipora oh and a nice green slimer acropora frag all those for $60 bucks and all of them are 1" in size and the acro is 2 " tall and a 1/2 inch in diameter.Pics tomorrow.

reeferman81

Added some more coral today rainbow montipora,mystic sunset montipora,LA Laker zoas,and a poker star montipora I'll post some pics tomorrow.

man everytime i come on here i wish my tank looked that good, sucks about the 1500 disapearing, but its good they are replacing it. how much light would you recommend for a hammer coral or frog spawn?

Archived