SaltCritters.com

Y u no make mp10 shield?!

Adam_T

If you start making them I will be on your list for two. I have my money tied up now and have no product :( Keep us posted.

Ya I want one for sure if it can be pushed out soon. While Badfish will have a great product out I'm sure who knows how long it is gonna take.

If you start making them I will be on your list for two. I have my money tied up now and have no product :( Keep us posted.

I would agree, I would bet the product will be top notch. But I need them sooner than later at this point.

I would agree, I would bet the product will be top notch. But I need them sooner than later at this point.

As do I. I'm tempted to pick up some acrylic and try and make one. Only issue is my shop with all my tools is nowhere near my tank and I don't wanna bring my MP10 wetside to the shop for the day and leave the tank with just the return haha.

jedimasterben
Thanks for the input, very helpful. We do not currently use magnets as a build material but it seems their cost keeps going up, acrylic has also increased about 25% in the past 3 years. We will take a look at how much cost of production is and go from there. These are pretty small so shouldn't be a big deal.

Magnets are getting hella expensive, but I would not purchase one that was not magnet mounted, it would not work with my tank.

TeflonTomDosh

they should be made with like an upside down u-shape. That way they could just "snap" onto the mp10 and you wouldnt have to worry about any magnets to hold them in place. Kinda like how the suction cup mounts snap onto a heater. That'd be dope.

That would be cool. Don't know if we can do that with harder plastics like acrylic. What you describe is a molded plastic.

But something to play around with. Certainly would lower the cost.

they should be made with like an upside down u-shape. That way they could just "snap" onto the mp10 and you wouldnt have to worry about any magnets to hold them in place. Kinda like how the suction cup mounts snap onto a heater. That'd be dope.

Another good idea. Hopefully that can be implemented.

Has anyone asked badfish what the turn around time for the shield is? I have contacted him twice and gotten quick responses. I am currently waiting for a bubble trap and its been a month, but he is modding it for me for free so I cant complain. I have found the service to be a little slow, but very accomodating and the frag racks that I got from him are awesome (with free shipping).

• 2 months later...
qualitycontrol

Pico aquariums made a snap on one and released it about a month ago.

Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada. Well according to the website, when I enter Canada, my only option is in store pick up.

http://picoaquariums.com/home/15-mp10-shield.html

You didn't look hard enough

I did look, but picoaquariums is not an option for me as I live in Canada and they do not offer shipping to Canada according to their website.

I know Stevie T ships to Canada because I have seen his products on this side of the fence, hence the reason me wanting him to make them!

Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada. Well according to the website, when I enter Canada, my only option is in store pick up.

I did look, but picoaquariums is not an option for me as I live in Canada and they do not offer shipping to Canada according to their website.

I know Stevie T ships to Canada because I have seen his products on this side of the fence, hence the reason me wanting him to make them!

PicO does ship to Canada. It may be a few dollars more, but it's worth it. I feel your pain though :closedeyes: So many companies don't ship to Canada or it's so ridiculously expensive, you lose hope!

Just PM Chris and ask him about shipping to Canada., he's a great guy to deal with.

If you're ordering supplies or equipment, I would definitely recommend inTank. Steve is great.

qualitycontrol

Pico just contacted me and yes they do ship to Canada although the support is not on their website as of yet. They told me they are working on Canadian shipping for the website.

Archived