ReefCleaners.org

Racers 12g NanoDX

racer_X_123

racer_X_123

Just to add, I got a new Millipora and a ORA Verde Acropora. My Citron Clown goby is bugging the milli so I may have to get rid of him.

Any takers?

Racer,

Was asking about your tank and thought would use my head and follow the thread...

Nice little tank. Just wanted to ask, and I'm assuming if not listed maybe it is the answer, but you don't run a sump? Do you have room for one?

I ask because a friend of mine has a similar size tank and we did something that looked really cool. We placed like 85% of the live rock in the sump, and left the display with only pieces to support gluing the sps...

The tank not only looked lots bigger, but also gave us the opportunity to add many more frags....as light option....you know I'm an advocate of t5s, so we used 3 x power compacts (13w each)and supplemented the fixture with royal blue LEDs....you gotta see the growth and colors his corals have now man. I'm going to try to post it so people can see sps does indeed grow in nanos, as long as the right lighting is present. I see lots of threads here with nanos with sps, but the growth with them never takes off....months pass by and the plugs look almost the same....are you experiencing similar situation?

Your tank looks great, and I just thought would throw some ideas since you were asking for aquascape ideas here before...nanos can be huge and impress large tanks with growth and color of corals...

Archived