Pod Your Reef

Salted Fish and Dihydrogen Monoxide

enigma70x7

Mr. Microscope

Further development-

8283828645_2584a513d1_c.jpg

What an awesome cube!!! Any update on this snail egg?

Stunning photography BTW!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enigma70x7

What an awesome cube!!! Any update on this snail egg?

Stunning photography BTW!

Thanks, I missed the hatch out of those and I'm on my second generation of snails. If I had to guess I'd say I have about 50+ of these guys roaming the tank now. They range in size from small as a copepod up to 1/4" at the largest.

Sweet. I just went over your older build and I loved it. I want a nem now.

Rock anemones are pretty awesome. If you have decent lighting and maintain your water quality they are really easy to care for. I wish I had gone with one for this tank instead of the mini carpet.

• 2 weeks later...
enigma70x7

I started dosing Red Sea Reef Energy this week. The stuff glows green due to the fluorescence of amino acids.

8936213466_f458652532_c.jpg

Was just in your town and had dinner with fellow nano-reefers.

A bonafide Nano-Reef celeb was in my my town and I missed it? Damn. <_<

Amazing shots as always. Are you still dosing Prodibio?

The Prodibio system is pretty amazing but I'm not a big fan of the cost. For this tank I occasionally dose MicroBacter7 and it does a pretty good job of helping to keep nutrients under control.

• 2 months later...

I upgraded my lighting today by adding 4x Hyper Violet and 1x Ocean Coral White running on a LDD-500. So now I'm at 8xRB, 4xNW, 4xHV, and 1xOCW. I'm really liking the extra pop they added.

FTS with only the HV and OCW running.

9511450165_6f5ae89f80_o.jpg

Another shot of Old Yeller

9514241182_3e649fd39d_o.jpg

Woah. whats that yellow fish called?

Lemon Chromis (Amblyglyphidodon ternatensis) it's an awesome fish but it's a bit of a bully. He's basically king of the tank.

Great tank! Excellent photos! Which editing software do you use and camera?

Thanks, the Chromis shot was taken with a T2i and SMC Takumar 135mm f/3.5 with extension tubes. I use Lightroom and Photoshop for editing.

i have to take my hat off to you again man. one of the most beautiful reef tanks there is

Love the new pics!

Thanks!

Wow, that looks amazing, the extra LEDs really make everything pop.

Definitely. I've also noticed a lot of extra growth already. They made my banana yellow yuma turn bright highlighter orange though <_<

• 3 months later...

Archived