inTank Media Baskets

75G work in progress

Boggers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW! How many bulbs is that 50? How much did you your lighting sys cost you and does it have a dimmer and is it programable?

I believe they are the GU10 LED lights.

Thread all about them here

saltwatercoral
I believe they are the GU10 LED lights.

Thread all about them here

Just seeamed like 2 Sol Blues from AI would have been a better choice for a few $ more...

Just seeamed like 2 Sol Blues from AI would have been a better choice for a few $ more...

Why would that have been a better choice? GU10s are not expensive AT ALL. 2 Sol blues and controller would have been around $900. #### that if you can get it done for less cost, go for it.

saltwatercoral
Why would that have been a better choice? GU10s are not expensive AT ALL. 2 Sol blues and controller would have been around $900. #### that if you can get it done for less cost, go for it.

Brand new they run that much. You can get a used set to save more money. Im only saying that because I have the SOL Blues on my tank now and have them on 9 different light programs and can simulate thunder(lightning) storms. The GU10's are still good choice but I have personly never used them...

there are 60 GU10, and entire build cost $320. I have 5 rows and can turn off each row independatly via timer or mannually, but they do not have a dimmer/controler. I am not one to use a lot of "effects" with my lights. for the most part I just want to be able to turn on/off to get a good light for corals.

saltwatercoral
there are 60 GU10, and entire build cost $320. I have 5 rows and can turn off each row independatly via timer or mannually, but they do not have a dimmer/controler. I am not one to use a lot of "effects" with my lights. for the most part I just want to be able to turn on/off to get a good light for corals.

Either way it looks good!

Great build thus far. Your plumbing job is top notch. You do have some serious LEDs on this tank, no one can say you don't have enough light. Good luck as your tank progresses.

Thanks urbaneks, it was my first attempt at plumping and I also knew it was better to get more lights than not enough. I can always pull out an LED if it is too much for the coral I get.

Got a few snails working on the alge.

Also got this guy to give my tank some color and let the filters build up more.

Forgive the lighting as all my lights weren't on yet.

post-77248-1355243077_thumb.jpg

post-77248-1355243100_thumb.jpg

Archived