Top Shelf Aquatics

75G work in progress

Boggers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60 total, 30 cool white Cree and 30 Blue. I plan to stagger them in 4 rows and have a 5th row of just a few Blue as a night light.

Skimmer will be. Bubble Magus 5.5

I need ideas on Fish to stock. I want to have a varity of colors, and do plan on 2-4 clown fish and some soft coral as it is my firsh SW tank and they are a little easier to keep.

I would stick to 2 clowns bc they will fight. And stay away from maroon clowns bc they only do well alone or as a mated pair. look into wrasses, they are pretty cool kinds like leopard wrasses

I plan to get two Ocellaris Clown's. I like the look of the Mandarin Dragonet, but i might go to the 6 line Wrasse instead.

Will check out the leopard

Leopards are hard to keep. I'd stick with flashers and fairy wrasses.

I have 2 flashers in my 75 and am adding 2 flame wrasses Thursday.

How much rock do you have in there now and what kind of equipment are you planning?

50lbs dry rock, and about 50 in sand- aragamax select .5 to 1 mm with 1 bag that had mix white/black to give it some color.

Jager 150 and 200W heater

Wish list is 3 mp10, but will likely settle for 2 Hydor 750s

you might need to do three 750s depending on what you want to to keep

and on your returned pump

i run 2 mp10s and a 1050 and i sometimes feel like its not enough flow lol

LED sockets came in. Here is my test run and build.

As you can see. I have 3, that I need to reconnect to the main wire.

BTW that was no flash.

post-77248-1352872238_thumb.jpg

post-77248-1352872253_thumb.jpg

post-77248-1352872274_thumb.jpg

post-77248-1352872289_thumb.jpg

are you going to have a roll of just whites, and another roll of just blue? i would mix them up so it will have white blue white blue on each roll for better color mixing.

but seeing how you can just pop them on and off, give your initial pattern a try and mess around with it if the lighting isnt to your liking

You'll need 4 750s if you want to properly cover the tank. I had those before I had my MP40. I think 2 1400's would work too.

Looks good though!

Lets get some stocking suggestions going. I want 2 clowns and a firefish. I need some open swimmers that just do not hang out around rock, but have some color.

Archived