Top Shelf Aquatics

The Octopolis

LongPig

So due to some personal family issues, I have acquired my son's (Criley7) octopus. My Peacock Mantis (Leatherface) has found a new home and the to be named (by me Kat!) octopus is settling in nicely. Last night was his first night in his new quarters and he took down a large turbo snail. Today he pounced on a fiddler. I've added a few macros to the tank to help with nutrient export otherwise no other changes have been made to the aquarium since the removal of the mantis. So the journey begins.

01505FDD-14E2-46F5-BA65-7F4D849E3B61-4578-000002297AE8E30D.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His name is Suckerpie! :angry:

Where's my "ignore" button?

well good to see he has a awesome place to go. :D

Thanks JR. We wanted to keep him in the family.

Awesome. How did he take the move?

He did great. Didn't ink and ate within a few hours.

Good effort Piggy. Why dyu have two power heads in this tank?I like the cute fishes, do they get along? If you didn't feed Suckerpie I am sure he would feel hungry enough to chase his dinner, AKA one of the fish.

I also think you could possible rename him Octoman, given the cool name of this thread.

The Octopolis. Home of Octoman.

Good effort Piggy. Why dyu have two power heads in this tank?I like the cute fishes, do they get along? If you didn't feed Suckerpie I am sure he would feel hungry enough to chase his dinner, AKA one of the fish.

I also think you could possible rename him Octoman, given the cool name of this thread.

The Octopolis. Home of Octoman.

I actually have four 500gph circulation pumps in there. Since they're only 500gph I needed two per side to keep from having dead spots. The damsels hate each other but they're more scared of the octopus.

How big are those fiddlers he gets? I expect the same caliber photos and videos from you that criley gave us ;)

How close are you to warminster?

The fiddlers are probably an inch to an inch and a half shell size. I might have gotten Criley's octopus but the camera didn't come with it. :P

I'm about an hour from Warminster.

The fiddlers are probably an inch to an inch and a half shell size. I might have gotten Criley's octopus but the camera didn't come with it. :P

I'm about an hour from Warminster.

I want to try a fiddler as an inhabitant but all the pictures make them look so big. It's that octopus. He's so misleading.

I'm in warminster right now visiting the mrs grandfather.

I want to try a fiddler as an inhabitant but all the pictures make them look so big. It's that octopus. He's so misleading.

I'm in warminster right now visiting the mrs grandfather.

Come on down! I'll give you a fiddler.

Come on down! I'll give you a fiddler.

I wish! If you were closer most definitely. It would be cool to meet up with you. She's just getting tired quickly of my fish tank stuff, and to be honest im scared to bring it up to her. Lol.

I wish! If you were closer most definitely. It would be cool to meet up with you. She's just getting tired quickly of my fish tank stuff, and to be honest im scared to bring it up to her. Lol.

Gotcha. Keep her happy. Fiddlers can wait. Do you get to Warminster often? I can drive up there at some point. Too much going on right now.

Archived