ReefCleaners.org

Rip off

jesster_rm80

jesster_rm80

Bought something on here from a seller in the classifieds, well sent the money and never heard from him since. Sent the money 4 days ago. Granted that's not a long time...but no contact what so ever. This day and age we all have smart phones, tablets, laptops and etc. I see no reason not to of at least gotten on to say hey i will send it out such and such or whatever the case may be. Went to dispute it on paypal and they say since not services or goods it can not be. I was not aware of this. Anyone know what should be done next? I would like to track his ip and see where about he is as he is local(ish) to me here in my state. It's not a huge amount just very aggravating this great forum has such low life people on it. Any help would be great...I'm not going to disclose his name on here yet. Again any help would be awesome as to I'm lost with the next step to take. I just want my money back or what I paid for. Thanks in advance guys! -Jesse

Bought something on here from a seller in the classifieds, well sent the money and never heard from him since. Sent the money 4 days ago. Granted that's not a long time...but no contact what so ever. This day and age we all have smart phones, tablets, laptops and etc. I see no reason not to of at least gotten on to say hey i will send it out such and such or whatever the case may be. Went to dispute it on paypal and they say since not services or goods it can not be. I was not aware of this. Anyone know what should be done next? I would like to track his ip and see where about he is as he is local(ish) to me here in my state. It's not a huge amount just very aggravating this great forum has such low life people on it. Any help would be great...I'm not going to disclose his name on here yet. Again any help would be awesome as to I'm lost with the next step to take. I just want my money back or what I paid for. Thanks in advance guys! -Jesse

Why would you not disclose his name "yet"? For now, I would say pm him with a deadline to respond and then go from there. Did you GIFT? the money to him on paypal?

Getting an I.P doesnt make sense because it won't help you. What are you going to do, show up to his house or sum'n? Not a good idea.

I say the best way to get his attention is to throw out his name. I'm sure others here know him personally and would persuade him to either send out what you paid for or a full refund.

Don't worry I had this happen to me not to long ago and the thing that helped me was I got his name out there and someone finally knew his real name and his telephone number so the best thing you can do is get this POS name out there. Good luck! :angry:

It's been 4 days. That doesn't warrant a paypal dispute. Some people have poor communication/courtesy follow up skills. Just sit tight for a while and see if he comes through. If not, then throw his name out there and contact your credit card company.

Another reminder to request feedback/references from a seller and to use your credit card as protection :)

It's been 4 days.

That's what I was thinking after re-reading the OP. Maybe the seller is out of town for the weekend. You have up to 30 days to file a paypal dispute (at least you use to) But if you sent the money as a gift, it's as good as gone. I don't think that there's any paypal recourse for that one.

I'm guessing this is it...

The seller Yankees2bills51 has 12 posts on the forum... Guessing he doesn't have a lot of feedback ;)

No feedback is a form of feedback ;) Let's just hope the guy comes through hah. New to the forums and likely he's not going to ship it priority or overnight to you because that'd be $$$. Parcel Post or even UPS ground can take a week IIRC.

jesster_rm80

Yes it was sent as a gift. I was unaware PayPal didn't cover it that way, my mistake. About his IP no I would not show up at his house or anything like that. Would like to send a letter though just seeing if I could get through. I am also aware it has been only "4 days" but again in this day and age if I sent you $100 I would think at least a "Hey I received payment" message would be easy enough to send. Maybe I am jumping the gun here. And for shipping it would be here in max 2 days. Anything shipped within the state is next day even on regular parcel. I work or a company and we do a tons of shipping and that is using regular usps. I will keep my fingers crossed.

jedimasterben

This is one reason I tell everyone to never, ever send money as gift! If I am requested to send anything as 'gift', I let them know that it is against the forum rules and against Paypal's ToS to do that, and that they either need to add that into their sale price or just eat the fees, and I usually do not go through with the sale after that. You don't walk into a business and have them say "oh, you're paying electronically? we'll have to add the 3.5% fees that our credit card processor charges." I wouldn't shop at a place that does that, it's the cost of business - something you know about and should already include in your prices or just eat the cost.

jesster_rm80
This is one reason I tell everyone to never, ever send money as gift! If I am requested to send anything as 'gift', I let them know that it is against the forum rules and against Paypal's ToS to do that, and that they either need to add that into their sale price or just eat the fees, and I usually do not go through with the sale after that. You don't walk into a business and have them say "oh, you're paying electronically? we'll have to add the 3.5% fees that our credit card processor charges." I wouldn't shop at a place that does that, it's the cost of business - something you know about and should already include in your prices or just eat the cost.

Yeah I fully admit my wrong doing on that part :( why I am just hoping for the best now. If anyone has a RO DI for sale I'm in the market for one needless to say.

jesster_rm80

Spreading the word on TRT site as well where i see his name active just last night. Scammer i would say. Heads up everyone!

jesster_rm80

I sent a message on TRT and he responded...Said it is in the mail as of today and he will have a tracking number once he get's home. So it might be taken care of, once that has happened (fingers crossed) I will delete this so not to tarnish his name. Seems I might of jumped the gun on this one.. I keep you guys updated. Thanks for the help and replies.

If I pay for something, I want confirmation the same day. Over 4 days to hear back from them is ridiculous. I don't think he jumped the gun at all.

jesster_rm80
If I pay for something, I want confirmation the same day. Over 4 days to hear back from them is ridiculous. I don't think he jumped the gun at all.

My thoughts exactly...But as said after getting things out seems to of gotten a response. Now just to hope I get the tracking number today as stated I would.

But the owl did make me laugh, just not the context it was used in.

Actually I'm positive you have paid a service fee on a transaction. Lots of gas stations and quick stops do it if the transaction is under a certain dollar amount. Typically about 3%.

Archived