ReefCleaners.org

Rip off

jesster_rm80

jedimasterben
Actually I'm positive you have paid a service fee on a transaction. Lots of gas stations and quick stops do it if the transaction is under a certain dollar amount. Typically about 3%.

I'm positive I have, too, but I've never been to a place that has flat-out told me I had to pay it if I wanted to use credit. I've had places say that there is a minimum dollar amount that must be spent, but not that I would have to pay extra for the service fees.

jesster_rm80

Update is...nothing! tracking number is not working, if it was sent out yesterday it would be in the system by now being a day later. Asked for a screen shot of him tracking it or a picture of the receipt.

jesster_rm80
If its going through USPS, their tracking never works... until after delivery.

I am aware of that, as we use them for our main shipping company. I hate their tracking system, but with that I am not saying IT did or didn't ship. Even so though he is in Florida and anything with in the state is next day even regular mail. So holding out hope and fingers crossed fingerscrossed Hope to see a screen shot or receipt.

jesster_rm80
Pretty sure he's legit. Member of our local marine society. Seems he's sold a lot of stuff and no complaints.

That makes me feel a lot better, THANKS! Just delayed in shipping and that.

I sent a message on TRT and he responded...Said it is in the mail as of today and he will have a tracking number once he get's home. So it might be taken care of, once that has happened (fingers crossed) I will delete this so not to tarnish his name. Seems I might of jumped the gun on this one.. I keep you guys updated. Thanks for the help and replies.

I would say DO NOT delete this. He needs to come on here and discuss wtf happened. Even though he doesn't HAVE to communicate with you immediately he should have. Though at the end of the day it is your fault for sending as gift and you dealt with the situation properly....

jesster_rm80

Yes...I first and foremost admit the gift thing. I was unaware of the fact they don't protect that. But the seller has made contact with me and is moving forward with the issue. I called USPS and their system doesn't track it at all. Waiting on the seller to look in PayPal and see what he can do to show it has been shipped from him.

I hate to put someone out there like this if it is all just a huge delay and mix up. But i would just like to be shown it has shipped and then we can delete this and i will be happy to give him credit and vouch for him in the future on his sales. I hate to tarnish anyone's name on here. I have been a LOOOONG time lurker (7 years) just never got to making a account and joining to post until recently. I admire and look to you all for help and experience, in no way want to be a downer on anyone.

Hope this is able to be shown and we can delete this once and for all for the sellers sake. Thanks guys!

Tarnish what? That he has poor communication skills? This thread is legit and it should be left up in my opinion so anyone else buying from the guy knows that communication will be poor. It seems like you're going to get what you paid for but still this is full of poor communication.

The responsibility to communicate falls on the seller so 4 days without communication when he's been active on the forum SCREAMS shady...not to mention you had to get in contact with him through another forum.

Why exactly do some of you think he's overreacting? I'm with Lalani...if I pay for something I want confirmation of receipt the same day and shipment within 1-2 business days at the most barring some type of prior communication.

jesster_rm80
Tarnish what? That he has poor communication skills? This thread is legit and it should be left up in my opinion so anyone else buying from the guy knows that communication will be poor. It seems like you're going to get what you paid for but still this is full of poor communication.

The responsibility to communicate falls on the seller so 4 days without communication when he's been active on the forum SCREAMS shady...not to mention you had to get in contact with him through another forum.

Why exactly do some of you think he's overreacting? I'm with Lalani...if I pay for something I want confirmation of receipt the same day and shipment within 1-2 business days at the most barring some type of prior communication.

Very true and said well.

jesster_rm80

Well was a issue with the box and it was sent back to seller. So that was the problem. Water leaking out of the filters caused them to send it back. Tracking number now is showing in the system and just waiting on it to be scanned in so it will actually track. Seems to be resolved and soon this can be taken down and or locked.

New to this forum, but had this happen before on others. It always takes publicity to get anyone to worry about their reputation.

jesster_rm80

Well great news everyone! Was a issue with the box, it was sent back but he resent me the item. Finally got it after being away for the weekend and yesterday being a holiday for the mail.

Item was just as described.

I would buy again from the buyer as the delay was a shipping issue.

Happy overall.

(this can be deleted now)

This is one reason I tell everyone to never, ever send money as gift! If I am requested to send anything as 'gift', I let them know that it is against the forum rules and against Paypal's ToS to do that, and that they either need to add that into their sale price or just eat the fees, and I usually do not go through with the sale after that. You don't walk into a business and have them say "oh, you're paying electronically? we'll have to add the 3.5% fees that our credit card processor charges." I wouldn't shop at a place that does that, it's the cost of business - something you know about and should already include in your prices or just eat the cost.

There's a LFS in Austin that like's to do that. Quotes you one price until you pull out your credit card and then it's more $$ :huh: Not how I would run my business.

It's not a problem anymore as I stopped buying my water there to make my own RODI water. Now I only go there on occasion to get some local stock that is cheaper (cheapest skunk cleaners in town). Too bad...nickle and dime'ing is not smart.

Yankees2bills51

I had no intent of riping anyone off. The payment was not sent as a gift and I was confused myself why there was no tracking number showing when I looked it up. I got home one day and the package was at the door and I saw it was wet. I put it back in the mail that day and explained what happen. I am sorry for the confusion. I was looking through the feedback to read on a seller and saw this and as I read I realized it was about me lol. I had no intent to rip anyone off and I hope I do not come across as someone like that. The buyer does have the package. Thanks

Yes, I am the buyer here. I got the item as described and packaged very well. Nothing was broken or wrong. The issue was a shipping thing out of our control. Things were taken care of that day as the seller stated. I would have no problem buying from him again. Good guy and was patient as we both didn't understand no tracking number, as he said. I will vouch and give the seller credit if anyone is in question. I hope to not tarnish his name on here or any other tank/reef site. Thanks guys! -Jesse

Archived