Pod Your Reef

Evo's 26.2 Gallon – Custom Rimless - BM Doser powered !

evo_2679

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended up going a Frag Swap hosted by the New LFS in Tucson and ended up picking up some more SPS !!!

FRONT ROW - YELLOW CAROLINA - ORA SPONGODES - ROAB DIGITATA

FRONTROW-YELLOWCAROLINA-ORASPONGODES-ROA

UNDATA MONTI

UNDATAMONTI.jpg

and 1 LPS :

DRAGON SOUL FAVIA AND SPLENDID

DRAGONSOULFAVIAANDSPLENDID.jpg

DRAGONSOULFAVIA.jpg

Looking good!

Hows the last batch of SPS from Battle doing? Any significant growth on those puppies?

I have to admit that since I am manually dosing and don't have a doser set up - yet !!! When I was away on business for two weeks my parameters went all to hell and lost about 5 sps from the last BC order . I do have good PE but just bad color on the ones I have now and growth has been slow do to my busy work schedule and not really keep up with my dosing. Wish I had better news but I do follow you tank and must say your cats rock !!! I am think about dosing with Kalk in my ATO for the time being to keep everything stable while I travel for work.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I love the rock (will be checking it out for my tank) and I can't wait to see what those sticks turn into. Really love the splendid too, I had one on order but didnt feel like spending the $60 the LFS wanted for it. Got a redline psuedo instead, but he didnt survive. I'm not sure if it was a failed heater or if he and my firefish didnt play well together as the firefish has been in hiding since adding him and now has some tail missing.

Coastie - Thanks and sorry to hear about the redline not making it. Yeah - so far I really like the rocks that I've chosen. And now I really need to start testing everything and getting down my dosing in order to make my params stable .

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 months of the Radion collecting dust in the closet I finally took down my 4 bulb Tek light and installed the Radion G2. So far I am really impressed with the light fixture and the control you have over it. Now let’s just hope the Corals respond positive to the change right now I have set the fixture at 12" high and only 30% starting point and acclimating to 50% over 6 weeks. Now to the Pictures - all taken with my iPhone 4s and they are pretty bad with the led’s, so if anybody has any tricks on how to take better pictures with the iPhone - please let me know.

FTS:

FTS-11-25-13.jpg

LEFT SIDE OF TANK:

LEFTSIDEOFTANK.jpg

MIDDLE OF TANK:

MIDDLEOFTANK.jpg

RIGHT SIDE OF TANK:

RIGHTSIDEOFTANK.jpg

ACID TRIP MILLE - RED DRAGON AND YELLOW CAROLINA :

ACIDTRIPMILLE-REDDRAGONANDCAROLINA.jpg

DRAGON SOUL FAVIA:

DRAGONSOULFAVIA-1.jpg

ORA BELLINA:

ORABELLINA.jpg

TRYEE PINK LEMONAIDE AND PALMERS BLUE MILLE:

TRYEEPINKLEMONAIDEANDPALMERSBLUEMILLE.jp

UNDATA AND BC CONFUSED REVERSE RAINBOW:

UNDATAANDCONFUSEDREVERSERAINBOW.jpg

BC UPSCALES MICROCLADOS:

UpscalesMicroclados.jpg

Also, after my weekly 5 Gallon water change - Murphy's Law finally got me :furious: !!! My pump on my skimmer SCA-302 died and will not come turn on. So that being the case I was just going to buy a replacement but then my lovely wife said “why don’t you just buy a new skimmer, since it was a cheap knock off eBay skimmer anyway.” So who am I to argue – ended up picking up an Vertex Omega 130 skimmer :happydance: !!! But will not be here until next Tuesday. Any who T minus 24 hrs and counting!!! Off to Vegas (my son’s team decide to go so who am I to argue with that !!!) for National Youth Football Pigskin Tournament .

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks evan127!!! Now I just need to get my dosing down ... I just pick up some BRS Kalk so I am planning on trying the stuff out and seeing if I can make my parameters stable through the week. Also set up my Vertex Omega 130 this weekend / had a little trouble with the pump impeller but got it squared away I simply pulled it apart and realigned the impeller and the pump started right up - I got some advise from the RC thread. Just wished I would of checked this before I installed the skimmer in my sump !!! But I must say this skimmer pump is ultra silent!!! And started to pull some greenish tea out of my tank within the first two hours..

Got another question about your overflow. What are the dimensions of the area he cut? I am wondering how low into the aquarium I will need to cut to make sure the tank doesn't overflow. Thanks again

Got another question about your overflow. What are the dimensions of the area he cut? I am wondering how low into the aquarium I will need to cut to make sure the tank doesn't overflow. Thanks again

The length of the cut is 9 1/4 L , the depth is 1". Hope this helps!!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on the Vertex Omega 130 Skimmer. I love it / worth every penny so far !!!

Vertex Omega 130 skimmer :

VERTEXOMEGA130.jpg

Vertex & Captain - for size comparison:

VERTEXOMEGA130ampCAPTAIN.jpg

3 Days after skimmer is up and running in 8" of water / I have it now in 7.5" of water seems to be the sweet spot for the skimmer in my tank :

SKIMMATE.jpg

SKIMMATE1.jpg

• 3 months later...

So it’s been a while since my last update / really wish I had more time to update and track this tank but it’s been hard between traveling for work and family life..

Just a small update to make my life a lot easier for traveling and monitoring the tank I upgraded from my RKL to a Full blown Apex and Love it!!! And after I set everything up - Port forwarding / Alarm notifications on the old Apex system – I get invited to the new Fusion. Which is still in Beta and mind blowing super easy to set up everything (Email and Text alerts)(wish I was invited earlier before I initially set up my Apex).

Apex:

17BBB546-E0B1-4037-8FAC-229FA030A80A.jpg

Controller:

F4BC40E8-A795-4BC4-B658-896F6C2EE90A.jpg

Apex Sump Set Up:

3B4F77D1-2692-4B5C-8A34-9D3BC985F25B.jpg

D0F38E74-E910-420B-AFBA-F237CED7852E.jpg

Mobile Set up:

171C4848-4C69-42CE-B0BB-642CD44E2B34.png

5C4D9351-C3A7-4BC1-96DF-A1E46BECBBC7.png

5989B01F-349C-4D67-9C46-7648099D6FB5.png

And a couple shots of the Frags I picked up from Urbanks (back in Jan 2014) / Still trying to get the color on the Radion dialed in but hopefully they should color up nicely since the Oregon Tort was close to the bottom of the tank / I just mounted it to its permanent location :

ORA Oregon Tort:

AEE71D95-5672-43C9-9B1E-038B05B73894.jpg

79535BC5-D550-474D-8724-CD3C33436AFF.jpg

Green Pavona:

A084BF69-4FC5-4AF5-ACE4-8751EF577CA1.jpg

And My Dragon Soul Favia:

4F4B7D88-ECB8-4922-9AD2-C8AC2C5FC915.jpg

I never even realized your build thread was in your sig :X

This tank looks amazing!

Thanks BA !!

Just saw this on YouTube - DIY Web Cam. And you don't need an expensive or fancy controller to have peace of mind while you’re away from your tank!

Looks like that skimmer really pulling some good gunk for ya, congrats! I'm still controllerless on my system atm. But ive been threatening to get a full blown Apex for a while now. I'll have to pick your brain when i do. Love that IP web cam sitch!!

Just read your tank thread. That is about the prettiest aquascape I've ever seen. Love your choice of fish too. Is the bad bicolor blenny still in the sump?

Just read your tank thread. That is about the prettiest aquascape I've ever seen. Love your choice of fish too. Is the bad bicolor blenny still in the sump?

No - I sent him packing to LFS when I pick up the ORA Splendid. I didn't think it was right to have him down there for eternity.

Archived