Pod Your Reef

Evo's 26.2 Gallon – Custom Rimless - BM Doser powered !

evo_2679

I dunno how I missed your thread!

The tank looks fantastic... the dimensions remind me of my 28g 30x 18x 12...it is coming to TX with me :ninja:

Can't wit to see this with coral! I am looking into the rock also...pretty awesome :P

Thanks Envy - looking forward to seeing your new 28 Gallon thread once you move B) !!! And your'll love the Vida Rocks!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love your tank. I have a question about the cycling process. Did you start the cycling with only Ceramceco rock? Do you need live rock to seed it? I am about to start the new tank with the bonsai vida rock as a center piece. Thanks.

Can I say that I love those rocks! Just the perfect style and shape for a nano reef! They do not take up a huge foot print and have lots of surface area that gets direct light. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
Love your tank. I have a question about the cycling process. Did you start the cycling with only Ceramceco rock? Do you need live rock to seed it? I am about to start the new tank with the bonsai vida rock as a center piece. Thanks.

Zendude - you can start the cycling process with some live rock and the vida rock. I did not use any live rock as I just dosed the microbacter 7 daily for two weeks per the instruction then the daily maintenance dose per the instruction or gallon size. The microbacter 7 is specifically formulated to establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups which will eliminate the chance of any pests from being introduced into the tank from the live rock. But note that the cycle will most likely take longer without the live rock ...

OMG I love the rockscape. I think I plan to go with this type rock structures in a future build

Thanks GOODgREEF :D

• 1 month later...

Here is a quick little update of my tank - I have been using Microbacter 7 from Brightwell Aquatics to seed my tank. This stuff works wonders!!! But since I was dosing MB 7 and seeding my Biopellet reactor with the MB 7 (once my BP reactor was seeded) I had a major bacteria bloom = extremely milky / cloudy water from my BP which lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. So I took my BP reactor offline and am now using it for a Carbon / GFO reactor. Since the BP reactor has been offline I decided to use Chaeto in my sump for some pod population. I am still dosing .5 ml of Microbacter 7 every other day my water is finally clear. But I thought I would try the Bio Pellets for a less maintenance method opposed to daily dosing unfortunately I learned that with Bio Pellets it would probably work better with a larger aquarium and not so much on a nano set up as there is no real way to adjust (only by the ball valve) or know the amount(s) of nutrients that the tank is actual receiving from the discharge of the bio pellets. In my opinion it would be easier and more accurate to manual dose or set up a dosing pump.

Tank and sump all clear now :

post-47773-0-01916100-1358293258_thumb.jpg

post-47773-0-56444700-1358293273_thumb.jpg

Awesome size tank! Looking up leemar tanks right now. I've been looking for a tank around those dimensions. Really would like 30" x 18" x 16" or close... Looking good!

I really like that rock. Love to see how it turns out long term.

Thanks Spirofucci - really can't wait to start stocking this tank with some SPS Corals !!!

Awesome size tank! Looking up leemar tanks right now. I've been looking for a tank around those dimensions. Really would like 30" x 18" x 16" or close... Looking good!

Thanks Acrab78 - LeeMar did a great job on my tank but I have heard some less the stellar reviews from other reefers on some tanks that they have built.

Yeah I saw a recent post about a bad tank from them... I guess they are all custom tanks? Can you just send them the dimensions you want and they build it? If you don't mind me asking how much did your tank cost from them? Thanks!

Yeah I saw a recent post about a bad tank from them... I guess they are all custom tanks? Can you just send them the dimensions you want and they build it? If you don't mind me asking how much did your tank cost from them? Thanks!

Acrab78,

Lee Mar does make regular / standard size tanks and custom tanks. I got a great deal from a LFS that ordered this tank from Lee Mar but the actually buyer backed out of this tank and bought a bigger tank from Lee Mar.

Here is a link for standard pricing from Aqua Touch on regular tanks from Lee Mar :

http://shop.aquatouch.com/product_p/in%20store%20lee%20mar%20aquariums.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update - I picked up a Bi Color Blenny and a Chalk Bass this weekend !!!

Floating the Bi Color Blenny :

FLOATINGTHEBICOLORBLENNY_zpsb3961b21.jpg

Drip Acclimating the Chalk Bass and Bi Color Blenny:

DRIPACCLIMATINGTHEBICOLORBLENNYANDCHALKB

Chalk Bass hanging out :

CHALKBASS2_zps6a64ba7a.jpg

Bi Color hanging out in a hole:

BICOLORBLENNY_zpse2351398.jpg

Hmmm I've seen those rocks before at reefaplooza! Nice setup you got there.

Thanks IIX - took awhile to find just the right rocks that would fit my tank but aqua-tecture really went above my expectations !!!

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Thanks IIX - took awhile to find just the right rocks that would fit my tank but aqua-tecture really went above my expectations !!!

I thought they had another name....oh well :)

I thought they had another name....oh well :)

Yes - they do. They are made by cerameco but the vendor I bought them through was Aqua-tecture.

• 3 weeks later...

Update - changed out my T-5 Bulbs on 2-10-13 to this combo (Blue +, Aquablue Special, Purple +, Blue +):

BULBCOMBO.jpg

New FTS under new bulbs (iPhone pic):

NEWFTS.jpg

Bi-Color Blenny - Sun Tanning :

BICOLORBLENNY-SUNTANNING.jpg

Just received my order from SilverBow and everything was packaged great and arrived alive !!!

Floating the bags of my Wyoming White and Naked Clownfish:

WYOMINGWHITECLOWNFISH3.jpg

WYOMINGWHITECLOWNFISH2.jpg

WYOMINGWHITECLOWNFISH1.jpg

NAKEDCLOWNFISH.jpg

Here is a shot with them being dripped :

DRIPACCLIMATINGTHENAKEDANDWYOMINGWHITECL

DRIPACCLIMATINGTHENAKEDANDWYOMINGWHITECL

And final in the tank playing in the current of my MP 10:

CLOWNFISHPLAYINGINCURRENT3.jpg

CLOWNFISHPLAYINGINCURRENT2.jpg

CLOWNFISHPLAYINGINCURRENT1.jpg

That is a sweet set up and the rocks rock! How do you like the bare bottom? I seriously thought about that when setting mine up yesterday.

That is a sweet set up and the rocks rock! How do you like the bare bottom? I seriously thought about that when setting mine up yesterday.

Thanks PodRod !!! I really like the Bare Bottom (BB) as this is my second tank that I have had BB and I must say it is super easy to clean and siphon up all the debris from the fish and uneaten food. Here a video of my last tank (40 Breeder) which was my 1st ever BB tank. Also, note during the filming of the video my MP 10 bearing were going out !!! :angry: Which have been replaced !!! :)

Archived