Innovative Marine Aquariums

Colonies for sale! Purple Hornets, Blue Hornets, and UF Creepy Monster

Billyc

Ok "Iphone" aka gangsta wannabe here's what I have to say to you.

1. Who the hell is Billy Trollinski? That's not my last name.

2. Please learn to speak English. This ain't be no middle school so you be soundin corny up in here talking all gangsta homeboy.

3. The blue hornets are as legit as it gets. Invest in some glasses.

4. Yes nanonewb2011, please google blue/purple macaw. Looks nothing like what's in your tank right now.

5. Having a guy snorting cocaine as your avatar is not cool. There are a lot of minors on this forum.

Copy_of_Laughing_Goat.jpg

Those look fine to me. And I always never understand why people complain about buying "fakes." It matters what you like and since the buyer bought them, it obviously means he saw them as worth it.

This Bill C guy sounds cool to me! and the blue hornets look nice as well.

Those look fine to me. And I always never understand why people complain about buying "fakes." It matters what you like and since the buyer bought them, it obviously means he saw them as worth it.

This Bill C guy sounds cool to me! and the blue hornets look nice as well.

I guess what rubs me the wrong way about this whole story is that this was a WYSIWYG sale. The picture was right there. He received the mini colony that was pictured and still is saying he was ripped off. The seller could have called them Sopranos if he wanted....it's WYSIWYG. Names mean BULL&H!T. On another thread he has pictures posted of what he got and what looks like a frag of the mother colony all ready. There should be no question that they are true PH's If nothing else his own pictures show the alternating skirts better than the sellers does. All of this due to a bunch of internet drama queens.

That's funny you asked the seller about this in his sale thread. You should at least bring your concerns up in a PM, and then make it public if the seller doesn't respond or tells you to piss off.

I agree with this being a bunch of drama over the name game I will never buy anything over just a name ill buy because I like the way they look I think the seller is right and he shouldn't feel bad at all. Regardless the picture was there I would love a frag of there polyps no matter what they because they are beautiful.

They definitely look like Purple Hornets to me. Same as the ones I have and mine are from a very reputable seller on this forum. People just like to stir the pot on here and perpetuate the drama. I'm in agreement with whomever said that maybe the people on the other forum are wrong or possibly misleading you out of jealousy. That is a beautiful colony of zoanthids you have.

I can't see ages on here- but are all the opposing commentators girls in jr. high? Because you are all acting like it, lol. Granted- I know nothing on names and am still awaiting my FIRST SW tank due to arrive tuesday so I can start my first nano tank- BUT the merchandise is BEAUTIFUL (although pricey). It is clearly advertised as a WYSIWYG sale and that is exactly how the purchaser bought it. Maybe they are pricey due to 'name' of the type of coral (I don't plan on getting that serious so I don't care much about names), or maybe they are pricey because they are top of the line quality and the seller has an immaculate record for great care, shipping, and live coral arrival (which I see to be true even in long shipping situations attesting to the health of the coral). Whatever the case,... plain and simple... "WYSIWYG". Buyer's remorse sure sucks some times but that's life.

I can't see ages on here- but are all the opposing commentators girls in jr. high? Because you are all acting like it, lol. Granted- I know nothing on names and am still awaiting my FIRST SW tank due to arrive tuesday so I can start my first nano tank- BUT the merchandise is BEAUTIFUL (although pricey). It is clearly advertised as a WYSIWYG sale and that is exactly how the purchaser bought it. Maybe they are pricey due to 'name' of the type of coral (I don't plan on getting that serious so I don't care much about names), or maybe they are pricey because they are top of the line quality and the seller has an immaculate record for great care, shipping, and live coral arrival (which I see to be true even in long shipping situations attesting to the health of the coral). Whatever the case,... plain and simple... "WYSIWYG". Buyer's remorse sure sucks some times but that's life.

go away noob,you know nothing.

Unless a picture is altered to misrepresent the colony for sale, WYSIWYG offers are left to the judgment of the buyer. Zoa ID these days is a dizzying world to wander into. It seems you can find three different names for each coloration strain you come across, with everyone convinced theirs are 'legit'. Keep in mind, I say this with full-fledged consideration to the fact that I was at one point OBSESSED with any frag I could get my hands on that had the word 'Tubb' or 'Tyree' in it, so I know how frustrating it can be learning you didn't quite study up on a photo as well as you could have.

That said, if the colony you've received is as pleasing to the eye while it sits in your tank as it was through the lens while it sat on your screen, then names are irrelevant. Sometimes we pay more for one frag than we know we should, but that's part of the hobby. Live and learn, grow, frag and try again. Welcome to reefkeeping.

Unless a picture is altered to misrepresent the colony for sale, WYSIWYG offers are left to the judgment of the buyer. Zoa ID these days is a dizzying world to wander into. It seems you can find three different names for each coloration strain you come across, with everyone convinced theirs are 'legit'. Keep in mind, I say this with full-fledged consideration to the fact that I was at one point OBSESSED with any frag I could get my hands on that had the word 'Tubb' or 'Tyree' in it, so I know how frustrating it can be learning you didn't quite study up on a photo as well as you could have.

That said, if the colony you've received is as pleasing to the eye while it sits in your tank as it was through the lens while it sat on your screen, then names are irrelevant. Sometimes we pay more for one frag than we know we should, but that's part of the hobby. Live and learn, grow, frag and try again. Welcome to reefkeeping.

Well said sir.

The skirts are a bit off but seriously those look nice, good price and the buyer saw the pic of the colony he/she was buying

Also IBLD :lockdown: !

The whole zoa/paly keeping hobby could learn a lot from this one statement!!!!!

Archived