inTank Media Baskets

Colonies for sale! Purple Hornets, Blue Hornets, and UF Creepy Monster

Billyc

Selling off some corals to make some room. All are healthy with bright fat polyps. All prices include shipping will be UPS overnight by 10:30am at your door. If you buy more than one, you'll get a great deal! As always, LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEED with pictures within an hour of first delivery attempt. Please post here or PM with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Purple Hornets 375 shipped - 45+ polyps

2d78e1806634c56d135fefea530d49e5.jpg

Blue Hornets 175 shipped - 9 polyps

61b5ad868225155b58e49ca0911038d3.jpg

Ultimatefrags Creepy Monster Favia 400 shipped - 35 polyps (if you can find this for sale it's usually $55 per polyp!)

2b275f76d7cc557e4982aa071ccb5aa8.jpg

so it looks like these purple hornets i bought arent purple hornets.

I didnt even know there was imitation hornets until now

What are you talking about?! If you're making a claim like this, please post a picture of what I sent you and explain to everyone why they aren't purple hornets. I don't know what you're trying to do here because you haven't even PMed or called me about this.

Yes, there are a lot of known imitations out there that look similar to purple hornets to the average person (i.e. next generation hornets, blue steels, African hornets, etc.) the fact that you didn't even know about imitations out there leads me to believe that you don't know enough about coral IDs to realize that what you bought from me were 100% real deal purple hornets lineaged to RockyMountainFrags.com

Sorry I don't have room for "imitations" in my coral collection. Good luck on learning how to ID corals properly.

What are you talking about?! If you're making a claim like this, please post a picture of what I sent you and explain to everyone why they aren't purple hornets. I don't know what you're trying to do here because you haven't even PMed or called me about this.

Yes, there are a lot of known imitations out there that look similar to purple hornets to the average person (i.e. next generation hornets, blue steels, African hornets, etc.) the fact that you didn't even know about imitations out there leads me to believe that you don't know enough about coral IDs to realize that what you bought from me were 100% real deal purple hornets lineaged to RockyMountainFrags.com

Sorry I don't have room for "imitations" in my coral collection. Good luck on learning how to ID corals properly.

Theres a picture at the top of the thread..

Was going to frag a few of the polyps to recoup some of the purchase price and i posted them on socalireefs and got told their fakes:

http://www.socalireefs.com/forums/showthre...-Purple-Hornets

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

To be fair, they don't look like purple hornets.

for the record i wasnt blasting BillyC for what he sold. I was just stating that they might not be actual hornets and expressing my bum feelings about. On the other forums I had posted them I even said i hope the guy didnt know they were imitations.

We had agreed on a date to ship and he ended up having to work. And he texted me saying he'd give me a full refund since he couldnt ship on the agreed day. That doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would be trying to sell fakes knowingly.

If i have imitations, thats on me for not researching. No hard feelings

Billy c,aka billy trollinski is selling fake corals

I vote ban

Them blue Hornets have sketchy skirts son.

for the record i wasnt blasting BillyC for what he sold. I was just stating that they might not be actual hornets and expressing my bum feelings about. On the other forums I had posted them I even said i hope the guy didnt know they were imitations.

We had agreed on a date to ship and he ended up having to work. And he texted me saying he'd give me a full refund since he couldnt ship on the agreed day. That doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would be trying to sell fakes knowingly.

Damn,you must be a rich man to just give away 350 like that.

For nanonoob2011

Google blue or purple macaw

22923A92-7C36-4D7C-92A3-97B21EC40D6A-954-00000149156EE052_zps92d72f88.jpg

Not a z/p expert but my first thought was that they looked a little off as well...Hard to tell with different photo qualities/lighting etc. The ones I have from an old school reefer that has many of the original OG/LE/AE direct lineage from source type stuff look different.

With names getting so out of control these days, it's hard to tell who has what, what's original, what came along later etc. etc. Lesson in the end is..Buy what you like, not just the name or if you're the name brand guy...buy from a known trustworthy source.

Hopefully some z/p expert can chime in lol

I vote ban

Damn,you must be a rich man to just give away 350 like that.

For nanonoob2011

Its a lesson learned. It would have been a good 350 if they were real, which i thought they were...

I just dont get to buy anything new for a while. And i doubt he'll take them back

Yea man no hard feelings. I guarantee that you have real deal purple hornets. People just get excited about reef forum drama. When someone who might be relatively new in the hobby (not saying you're new, but your user name suggests that to others) suddenly has a colony of purple hornets appear in his tank out of no where, it is always a little suspicious. Notice how nobody posted a single thing on this thread about them not looking legit before you bought them. All it takes is one person to say, "Hey those don't look real" and next thing you know, you have a swarm of people wanting to enhance the drama and become a part of it.

I vote ban

For nanonoob2011

Ok "Iphone" aka gangsta wannabe here's what I have to say to you.

1. Who the hell is Billy Trollinski? That's not my last name.

2. Please learn to speak English. This ain't be no middle school so you be soundin corny up in here talking all gangsta homeboy.

3. The blue hornets are as legit as it gets. Invest in some glasses.

4. Yes nanonewb2011, please google blue/purple macaw. Looks nothing like what's in your tank right now.

5. Having a guy snorting cocaine as your avatar is not cool. There are a lot of minors on this forum.

Its a lesson learned. It would have been a good 350 if they were real, which i thought they were...

I just dont get to buy anything new for a while. And i doubt he'll take them back

I don't have to take them back. The name is irrelevant. I could have advertised them as utter chaos far all I care. Zoanthid hobbyist names mean nothing in the real world. This sale was based on a wysiwyg picture and that's exactly what I sent you. I'll say it again, I guarantee they are 100% real.

That being said, with the exception of the few posts you made, I like you and feel like you're a cool guy who's just been misled by a few reef drama seekers and it's been blown out of proportion. I you want to ship them back to me I'd be happy to give you a refund. We can discuss the details in private messages like it should have been from the start. Anyone who's ever dealt with me personally can attest that I am very easy to work with.

Yeah,he scammed you and you shouldn't take it lightly.

It's him stealing money from you...

Thanks for your drama input. You should re-read my comments towards you above in case you forgot. Also please make some friends in real life and stop depending on forum drama to make your day exciting.

I suggest you read PayPal TOS. YOU WILL refund him if he files a claim. If you don't believe me, you better learn quickly about PayPal and disappointed customers.

To be fair, they DO look like purple hornets to me. They match Google images pretty well.

I sent payment as a gift so no recourse on paypal

I've always paid for coral like that as a curtisy to the seller so they dont get hit with fees. I've never had a problem before

PayPal fees are so small it's pointless. The only time I ever wanted to cover the fees I sent regular payment plus a few extra bucks.

Fees on this would have been Under $12.00? Not Sayingthat the seller is doing this at all, but in other cases imo, if the seller doesn't want to pay such a small fee on such a large purchase somthing shady is going on. By sending payment as gift, you basically sold all of your buyers rights and protection to save the other person pocket change.

http://thefeecalculator.com/

PayPal fees are so small it's pointless. The only time I ever wanted to cover the fees I sent regular payment plus a few extra bucks.

Fees on this would have been Under $12.00? Not Sayingthat the seller is doing this at all, but in other cases imo, if the seller doesn't want to pay such a small fee on such a large purchase somthing shady is going on. By sending payment as gift, you basically sold all of your buyers rights and protection to save the other person pocket change.

http://thefeecalculator.com/

He didnt ask for it that way. Ive just always done it that way. But ive also always gone local

That being said, with the exception of the few posts you made, I like you and feel like you're a cool guy who's just been misled by a few reef drama seekers and it's been blown out of proportion. I you want to ship them back to me I'd be happy to give you a refund. We can discuss the details in private messages like it should have been from the start. Anyone who's ever dealt with me personally can attest that I am very easy to work with.

I'll PM you

If you bought them for your tank then who cares what others say they are, you paid for wysywyg. And because you tried reselling them and they got called fakes you automatically blame the fellow you got them from. Maybe the people in the other forum dont know what their talking about.

This should be a lesson to buy things YOU want in your tank and not what others are willing to buy out of your tank.

IBTL. My 2 cents- buyer beware. That's all I have to say. I've had my fair share of scams, and I am a cautious buyer. Those purple hornets look like the hornets I have in my tank. zoanthid coloration is completely dependent upon the light you have them under. There was a study shown that zoas acclimated to different lighting will take on completely different colors, and I have witnessed this personally. A wysiwyg picture shoud be more than adequate.

Archived