inTank Media Baskets

Must See!!!Awesome Nano Tank!!!MB7

Chris687

Originally posted by fogflyer

Hey Chris,

Can you tell me how you got 2X32w retros in the stock hood? I would like to do the same.

Thanks!

Rick

Yes- when I installed the lights I didn't use the reflectors. They were attached so I cut them off. If they are not attached its easier. I am away from my home right now so I can't post any detailed pictures.

I seen a lot of differenct ways the csl retros are made. I guess it all depends on which one you have. I even seen my dad use differnent connectors for the bulbs so they can fit in a tighter space.

I would just play around with it. I have a tempory install with zip ties to the bulbs arounds the vent holes. Might sound a little gehtto but its very secure...Maybe even more secure than those metal holders they come with.

The reason I want it so secure especially since I have 2-32 retro in the stock hood. I took out the glass and its over a open tank. With the glass in I felt it just got too hot...And I like to have ventalization in there...I also installed a 40mm papst fan blowing cool air in....

So far this lighting system has been working great....

Good Luck with your install...

Cellenzweig

I have had a problem with PC bulbs failing very prematurely (3-6 months) when exposed to too much humidity. I have since switched back to using glass or plexi splashguards. Just something to keep in mind...

Colin

This is an updated pic of my tank as of May 13, 2004. Succesful 3 days away from my minibow...This is the longest time I've been away from my baby!!!:P

The orange zoo's are doing well. I fragged them :) The monti. I accidently fragged that too. lol. And I have your pinks in my prop tank...You can see a pic on my prop post...I'll pm you too...

Where did you get the retro fit/bulbs? I want to start up a MB7 now that i have seen yours, you've been an insperation to me. :)

THANKS!!!

Archived