SaltCritters.com

Must See!!!Awesome Nano Tank!!!MB7

Chris687

Originally posted by Acoustic

Are there anything other than corals in there?

Yes, I have a clean-up crew. Starting with a cleaner shrimp, various snails, slugs, and crabs.

Thanks for asking:)

Newschool, Dollarz81, dodgerblew and Mattie Thank you very much for the complements....They mean a lot to me...As this as been very fun, it also has been a lot of hard work... And it is rewarding to get postive feedback...

This tank is only 4 months...I have high hopes for it...I am planning to get a small fish just waiting for the right time. I am still adding corals and waiting for it to become more stabilized. I am defintely looking for more types of rare and bright colored zoanthids and other corals.

I love this tank...I was inspired by Gilman's tank at Minibow.com I can't wait to see my tank in a year from now when my corals are more grown out and I am finished adding corals...

The next tank I am going to set-up is a propagation tank...I will be fragging my corals...

Dodgerblew- Do you want to be my first on my list for those light blue zoos?

Thanks again everyone....for checking out my post...

dodgerblew

The next tank I am going to set-up is a propagation tank...I will be fragging my corals...

Dodgerblew- Do you want to be my first on my list for those light blue zoos?

Sure! As long as you be in So Cal and I be in So Cal and no shipping charges involved which make $10 frags become $55 frags;) . Know what I mean.

You and I are also both on the same wavelength for future projects. I, also am looking to set up a prop tank. At least by doing my own frags I can show up at frag swaps with something more then my own $$$ which I never leave with:) Like to be able to trade more and buy less.

I've learned the hard way early in the begining....Paying too much here and there...Now I have met people and If I am not trading straight up I am usually just getting them for free...

I can't wait to repay all these nice souls that helped me make this take what it is....

I totally agree with you....I would never order something online....and pay for shipping.....Way tooo much money wasted....

Unless you were getting true blues for $10 maybe then it would be worth it lol

I am planning to stay in socal (knock on wood) and I should have some frags in the near future....Starting with those light blue zoos......

Thanks....

Wow that looks awesome. When you guys start posting pictures like that, it makes it hard for a newbie like me to be patient. Must resist urge to stock up.

Occult-

Thank you!!!

Don't worry your tank will get there a lot faster than you think...My tank is only 4 months old. The biggest regret that I ever had in this hobbie was not having enough patenice....Now that my tank is pretty much full....I am looking into starting another one... And I will have to start from the begining....

I would love to see pics of your tank and the stages...Its all part of the process....Believe me after you do up your first maybe second tank you'll understand...They are all beautiful at any stage...

Welome....

:)

Only 4 months eh? Now I'm really jealous. Might erect a shrine or something :P

I know a thing or two about having patience from my freshwater days. You ever try having 110 watts over a 29 gal with no C02 injection? Makes all the algae blooms I've seen in the other pictures look like nothing. I wouldn't worry too much about me being impatient, experience and my wallet will keep me in check. Kinda pays to be a broke college student.

lol...I agree money defintely keeps me on check...But the the more people you'll meet in this hobbie you'll find will be willing to stock your whole tank for virtually nothing....I am glad to here that you are patienent....I am sure you will have no problem being sussesful at this....

If I was in NYC I would hook you up on your first corals :( I am sure you'll find some kewl reefers out there....

Originally posted by Chris687

If I was in NYC I would hook you up on your first corals :( I am sure you'll find some kewl reefers out there....

Ah dammit, then why was I sucking up to you? Hehe j/k. Really. :)

I'm in no rush really. Just found out parents are going to be remodeling the whole apartment, so I'm gonna have to be moving my tank anyway. It'll be about a month before the job is finished, so there's not point in stocking until then.

lol :) Thats kewl... I moved my minibow about a month ago it was real easy....All you do is take the water level down about half way or so....Get a container in a car or truck to help from spills....Make sure the canopy is on.....I was extra carful and plug in a DC adapter and ran a powerhead at a low level...

Turned up the AC and away we go!!!....That was about a 2 hour trip...

Archived