SaltCritters.com

Chino's 12g Nanocube DX

Chino

UPDATE

For those that might still be following I did some rearranging and added a crocea clam. First time ever keeping a clam and Im very amazed by it. I might just have a new favorite!

Current FTS

dsc0118hh.jpg

New Crocea

dsc0121tc.jpg

dsc0124vt.jpg

dsc0142ea.jpg

Young zoa garden

dsc0137yd.jpg

Actinic

dsc0149yce.jpg

dsc0125w.jpg

Hammer, acan, and palys

dsc0139bs.jpg

Actinic

dsc0151qy.jpg

Young paly garden. A shot of most of them.

dsc0127g.jpg

dsc0152an.jpg

dsc0133lg.jpg

dsc0129sb.jpg

Millie. You can start to see the red coming in :)

dsc0148hm.jpg

Purple hornets still recovering after 2 weeks. Best shot I can get.

dsc0157sj.jpg

Nem and picassos. Think the nem is finally settled after moving around for 2 weeks.

dsc0140py.jpg

dsc0144xh.jpg

dsc0153fw.jpg

Overview

dsc0162qum.jpg

dsc0143fv.jpg

dsc0154jl.jpg

dsc0163rl.jpg

Left View

dsc0171az.jpg

dsc0172he.jpg

Right View

dsc0169l.jpg

dsc0173oa.jpg

Looking to add a Yasha and pistol shrimp possibly and maybe another clam. Im actually looking to upgrade to something larger. Im aware that this tank is looking overstocked. Haha. Just wanted to share!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE

For those that might still be following I did some rearranging and added a crocea clam. First time ever keeping a clam and Im very amazed by it. I might just have a new favorite!

Looking to add a Yasha and pistol shrimp possibly and maybe another clam. Im actually looking to upgrade to something larger. Im aware that this tank is looking overstocked. Haha. Just wanted to share!

Nice ... thanks for all the pics

Pair of picassos... Yasha goby. BTA. Zoa garden? All in a NC12 dx? Sounds like we're tank siblings! Gorgeous tank btw! Following along.

Nice ... thanks for all the pics

Thanks! Hard to get any comments lately ;) Might have to move this party over to reefcentral :X

Yes, very nice! Now im really missing those lights and seeing what they can grow :)

Dude. These lights were the best investment. Heat issues have been controlled finally after installing these and of course the fall weather has finally arrive over in Texas. Thank god!

Pair of picassos... Yasha goby. BTA. Zoa garden? All in a NC12 dx? Sounds like we're tank siblings! Gorgeous tank btw! Following along.

Holy smokes! Your NC is inspiring! I like your style ;) Loving the tank. You've definitely got some higher end zoas, acans etc.. compared to me. Give me some time, Im a little rusty being out for 5 years. Haha. The halide definitely makes the colors in your corals pop. The ric garden is insane! Hopefully my tank will grow out and become established like yours. Subscribed!

wow that is gorgeous very nice work

Thanks! How's the tank coming along? I bet your planning/browsing/shopping like crazy for equipment/livestock huh?

Quick update: Just participated in a group buy and decided to get a turquoise maxima clam and a purple tip grape coral which I've never heard of. I was told it's similar to a frogspawn. Will upload pics when they are added on Tuesday.

That's a lot of stuff crammed in there! Just the way I like it! Looks great.

Haha. Thanks. Im still in the process of cramming ;)

great tank! i really like your zoa garden!

Thank you! Still in the early stages so hopefully growth will be no problem.

Quick update: Got my maxima clam and purple tip grape coral from the live aquaria group buy. I got the worlds smallest maxima clam. My fault for not reading the description on Liveaquaria and my purple tip grape coral, well, it's not so purple lol. More like brown with white tips. Huge dissapointment!

My crocea is approx. 3" x 3" (right)

dsc0021ydm.jpg

dsc0023sj.jpg

dsc0027gt.jpg

dsc0026ely.jpg

dsc0020jz.jpg

dsc0031rq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE

Very very purrrrdy ...

anything new? :)

Actually yes but not much. Added a six line wrasse 2 weeks ago. Here's an attempt for a video.

I've been having problems with some of my zoa frags. Few polyps melting away here and there but some of my other frags are growing nicely with no probs. Cant really figure out the problem. My params have been perfect. Possibly too perfect? My nitrates have been at 0 for a while and I heard that zoas like somewhat "dirty" water. My sps have been growing pretty well. Not sure if the growth is good because this is my first time keeping sps.

FTS at 2 months. The tank is 2 and a half months old but no current shots. My pom pom xenia and elongata xenia have been going nuts and growing everwhere. Been too lazy to trim :( I apologize for the photos. I don't have the DSLR anymore.

img2464zt.jpg

img2469jx.jpg

img2462g.jpg

Clowns photobombing lol

img2461p.jpg

img2458t.jpg

img2457aq.jpg

img2456e.jpg

img2451w.jpg

Sad to say but I might be breaking this tank down. Just bought a new setup but I want to keep your LEDs somehow because the LEDs that came with the setup are not dimmable and blues and whites are wired together. Trying to figure out how to install it in this DIY canopy.

Here are a few pics of my new setup. It's a Drilled 20Tall with a 10 gallon sump and stand/canopy. Waiting on a new tank because I had to give back the original because it was cracked near the bulkhead when moving. Very unfortunate. I had to slowly drag the NC from the corner near the window to make room. I was too lazy to empty the tank into containers to make it lighter lol.

Sump

img2491tg.jpg

img2489s.jpg

img2494zv.jpg

img2496i.jpg

img2495cx.jpg

img2497mp.jpg

img2492es.jpg

img2499fz.jpg

I might keep the NC next to the 20 for a frag or QT tank.

Very very purrrrdy ...

Thanks again ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick and short update. Lost my maxium clam today because my nem decided to open up through the middle of my tank and destroyed it. Woke up too late to stop it :( Also had to trim about 15+ stalks of both xenias. SPS growing nicely but some zoas are acting up.

Quick and short update. Lost my maxium clam today because my nem decided to open up through the middle of my tank and destroyed it. Woke up too late to stop it :( Also had to trim about 15+ stalks of both xenias. SPS growing nicely but some zoas are acting up.

Sorry to read you lost your Clam ...

Sorry to read you lost your Clam ...

Thank you.

That new stand is sexy! RIP clam :(

Isnt it? ;) Thank you. Yeah I was pretty sad. Wanted to watch it grow.

Still havent setup the 20tall yet. Still in the process of tweaking the plumbing and the lighting. I can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...
Looks great! cant wait to see the 20 tall progress.

Thanks! I actually took out the largest pieces of LR out and added it into the 20 which is finally wet! Will be making a thread soon...

Here's a current shot of the NC 12 at 3 months. No room now for the corals so most are just sitting on sand bed and tightly close to each other ;/ Will be moving most of these corals over slowly but will not breakdown the NC 12! My nem looks very happy after taking out the LR. It actually looks a "bubble" tip nem and not a LTA.

dsc0023kf.jpg

Here's a sneak peak of the 20 cycling. Spent some $$$ on equipment for this baby so far :)

dsc0026n.jpg

Just make sure you add the cable clip to your Vortech Chino - expensive magnetic paperweight otherwise :o

Thanks adam. The person I bought it from on reefcentral did not include one and I've been kinda nervous running it without one. Where can I get the cable clip?

Archived