ReefCleaners.org

New fish doesnt look to well

Snapper

I bought a True Percula about 7 hours ago, he is in the QT right now and he seems to be swimming only about 1-2 inches off the bottom of the tank in the right corner.

I just gave some New life spectrum pellets about 1 hour ago, he ate 3 of maybe 7 pellets. good thing i guess but since then hes been back to the bottom with some food around him (the remaining 4 pellets) that he hasn't sniffed at and doens't do much swimming at all.

the LFS got him in yesterday. Should I be concerned? I checked the water for ammonia, its either at 0 or maybe .10 hard to read. I have a PH hitting the surface for agitation for some oxygen.

i rinsed that filter and it had a boat load of black stuff coming out and wouldnt stop, assuming it was the carbon maybe?

I hope it can do some work becasue its for temperoary use.

update on the fish, he is swimming around at the very top corner now better than the bottom but man I hope he changes cuz he is one boring ass fish lmao

Give him some time. They are a little different than most fish and swim in odd ways.

As long as your water params are good I think he'll be fine. W-

Yeah I agree, but my last clown, a regular one, was so sactive and acted more of a security guard swimming all over. this guy swims 1 place and 1 place only except when I feed it.

Archived