SaltCritters.com

need an opinon fast!

nsousa

I have been out of reefing for a little while due to work schedule. I have been thinking of getting back in

I had a biocube hqi and I really liked the tank this time around I was thinking of getting a RSM 130D the only thing is the huge price gap between the 2 tanks. I can get a brand new HQI with stand for 645 tax included the best price I got for a RSM 130D was over 1100 (im Toronto,Canada) After looking in the classified I found a guy selling a RSM 130 NOT THE 130D the tank is in really good condition and he is only asking 450 for tank and stand. what would guys do? I really wanted a new 130d but the price is just through the roof at least for me it is. Can I add the 130d upgrades to the 130?

thanks in advance!

I have been out of reefing for a little while due to work schedule. I have been thinking of getting back in

I had a biocube hqi and I really liked the tank this time around I was thinking of getting a RSM 130D the only thing is the huge price gap between the 2 tanks. I can get a brand new HQI with stand for 645 tax included the best price I got for a RSM 130D was over 1100 (im Toronto,Canada) After looking in the classified I found a guy selling a RSM 130 NOT THE 130D the tank is in really good condition and he is only asking 450 for tank and stand. what would guys do? I really wanted a new 130d but the price is just through the roof at least for me it is. Can I add the 130d upgrades to the 130?

thanks in advance!

This thread is older, but should contain some help:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178647

Not for sure on the upgrade question my friend, but I wouldnt go hqi. They get hot really really easy, or at least mine did, and so did the ones in the lfs I worked at. Youll have to add a chiller. by the time your HQI setup is done the price wont be a huge difference. Go with the rsm 130 if you are getting one or the other. But thats just MO :happy:

Thanks for the tips guys. Very likely i'll just go buy a brand new RSM 130D. Went today to look at the used 130 and the tank just wasnt in condition it looked like in the picture that he sent me.

Archived