Coral Vue Hydros

¡Ú I got the tiny size corals yesterday...so happy ( new stuff )

awakedॢ

awakedॢ

::: May 7 2004 - add clam & plate

2004050719323933.jpg

:: Spec.

about 13 months old

Nisso Clear CS106 (600mm*290mm*310mm made in Japan)

Redsea Prism skimmer and upgrade kits,

Eheim compact 600 (11w),

Ebo-jagar heater (150w) ,

Pinpoint PH monitor(America marin INC.) ,

Hagen thermo-sensor,

Coralife hydrometer

8mm pc fan 1

Metal 1+ PG 2 Pendant(made in China)

Metal halide 150w*1(by venture in Korea), Coralife Actinc*2 (20W)

Aragonite reef sands(Caribsea INC) * 2 (about 12Kg),

Live locks 13Kg(from fiji)

Reef cystal salt,

Reef Builder (Seachem),

Calcium (Seachem)

Test kits -

KH, Ca (Salyfert), PH(Red sea)

Fishes -

False percular 2, Yellow tang 1, blue tang 1

Corals -

Anemone 4(mini-size 3),

Moon coral 1,

Pumping xenia 5,

Green acropora 3,

Candy coral 2,

Flower hammer 2,

Clam 1,

Pink tip plate 1,

Yellow leather 1,

Green leather 1,

Pink finger leather 1,

Sea fan 1,

Sun flower 1.

Yellow button polyp 1,

Mixed Button polyps,

Metalic green star polyp 3,

Red mushroom 2,

Green mushroom 2,

Puple-tip mushroom 5

Inverterbrates -

Yellow banded coral shirimp 2,

Fire shirimp 1,

Blue leg hermit crab 1,

Yellow cucumber 2,

Cowry 2,

Snail 7

::: pink tip plate colral

2004050719323992.jpg

::: clam

2004050719324058.jpg

::: clam of another pic

2004050719324123.jpg

movingshadow

first off, nice tank - I should learn how to use photoshop to tweak my pictures... unfortunately I don't so my tank pics always look like crap :P

I really don't want to sound like the "tang police" and I know you've been advised of this in other threads, but are you really comfortable keeping a yellow tang and a blue tang and 2 clowns in a 14 gallon tank?! Please consider getting rid of the tangs, they require much larger aquariums (50-70 gallons minimum)!!

awakedॢ

it's not photoshop....it's photoworks~!

U need search my past thread...

are U germany? ur english is so great... envy...

about tang...

U need search my past(about 2 years ago) thread too...

anyway thanks...:)

awakedॢ

2004050723162328.jpg

I put one drop of Jod-mix in my tank by week.

It staterd 3 weeks ago.

some people (reefer in korea) said that is effective to more colorful coral.

do U know/hear somthing about Jod-mix?

that is from germany.

if U know somthing, share with me...so thanks...:P

awakedॢ

l just ...ask movingshadow... he is in germany. (at his profile)

but where he gone...no answer... :(

lugol ??? so difficultly word...

yeah... that is liquefied iodine...

Kanst du sprache deutch? :teehee:

DRZL-sauras

Your tank vewwy vewwy nice. it remind me of japanese style. ;) ...the tang is arrested now u....so please go to jail pick up...tank great salute you...lol....sry for the dry humor...just had to itttt....kudos...bring on the flamesss:-*

I think that is lugol's iodine, only with different label written in german.

That is nice product. Just make sure you don't overdose it. I know a guy who overdose it and ruins his tank.

Nice tank. The 1st pic is fancy but unnatural, while other pics show natural color of the tank. I wouldn't worry about tang cuz I guess she knew at least a bunch of other reefers to trade it to when it become too big for her tank.

awakedॢ

thanks both all...

DRZL-sauras

I don't know what humor...sorry...:|

SeaSide

have U used that ? really become more colorful?

I remeber your advice...

all pic take a picture same camera.

I wouldn't worry about tang cuz I guess she knew at least a bunch of other reefers to trade it to when it become too big for her tank. ---> almost I will...

here is deep night...zzz

all have a nice weekend...

and good night

see U later...

Originally posted by SeaSide

Nice tank. The 1st pic is fancy but unnatural, while other pics show natural color of the tank.

nisso tanks are made with glass that contains far less of the iron impurities we here are accustomed too. our glass is green. her glass is clear.

you'll also notice that she's got a good sized 150w halide (whiteness of the sand) and coralife actinics - 420nm (spectral output equivalent to vho resulting in slight purple cast) whereas a lot of the cfl tubes we use are 460nm (blue cast)

adinsxq, I really hate to bring this out tho. I know what nisso tank looks like. personally had one before. I have 150w MH and PCs, so I know what the light and tank looks like. I thik it is the camera. Some digital cameras just can't take natural color out when there's too much light. 1st pic looks like little overexposed, other pics are little underexposed but it looks more natural than the 1st pic. that's it. No offence involved here.

it's da shoes!

great photography anyways. the software touches definitely enhance the presentation but that just corrects/optimizes the shot, right? i thought i heard gil babble something like that. :P

It's the program shes uses called PhotoWORKS, along with the lights, glass, etc.

I use it to, but I don't usually use the photo enhancements (maybe I should). I use it b/c it resizes and adds borders like a champ.

-Justin

Comparison shot:

No Effects:

birdman204

And yet the photo enhancements make it look so much better JMT, I like the 2nd by FAR!

Anyone who thinks any REALLY NICE phot hasn't been "enhanced" is crazy. Our computers can only translate so much of the natural image... the effects such as De-saturation of Blues, sharpness, and contrast MUST be adjusted in order to get these photos clear such as hers, or say DrDrews, or Gils.. It in no way means they are worse photographers. I believe it makes them better knowing which effects to use and not to use.

Agreed with jmt and bird. Using phot enhancement program is nice when it makes good photo even better. Only don't like to make nice photo looking worse than it should be due to excessive "exhancing" practice.

birdman204

Color "addition" or enhancement is pretty bunk tho... Unless say You have a PERFECT picture and 1 airbubble is right in the middle... But turning grey zoos into blue zoos ain't right.

JMT - I wish I could snap 'em that nice, and even make em that nice in photoshop, alas, I suck at those computer thingies.

awakedॢ

fastredponycar,

I have no fiteration equipment.

::: 13gal tank with canopy & skimmer

2004050921134381.jpg

::: skimmer

2004050921134434.jpg

hey juliet,

what's that little tank to the right? is that a pico tank or a refugium for the display tank?

it looks like there's coral in there (a tiny toadie?). got any pics of that?

movingshadow

juliet: thanks for the compliment on my lingual abilities, but I cheated, I grew up in Hawaii... as far as the tangs go, thats your decision and if you can keep them healthy it's up to you, but even as juveniles they are very active swimming fish (I grew up in Hawaii and have seen them in the wild...) and do require a large habitat. just my $0,02 though... :)

as far as the Jod-Mix goes, it's just an iodine solution, so be careful with overdosing...

Archived