Pod Your Reef

2.CUBE.ING

d0lph1n

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the past month I've been experimenting with new foods, more feedings, less skimming, front glass scrapping only and bee pollen dosing. The weekly water change is due today. A little green hair algae on the glass seems to be under control and the snails are very active. Added 3 macro algae but you can see only two in the photo below. The Coco worm is doing fine. Most of the corals are doing great too, the Xenia tripled its size. SPSs show growth. The red monti is becoming more visible behind the rock. The new sps frag has been doing ok for the past 2 weeks. The flower rock anemone is an ANIMAL, a beautiful one. Added a tailspot blenny few days ago, a very active little bugger.

I'm not sure if it's TLF CDX reactor or the hair algae population or both, but my pH which has always been 8.2 now it's moving to 8.4.
One month ago:

Today:

February 26

One more thing, the Xenia & the Leather Coral are mounted on small rocks and the rocks are glued to very thin plastic coated neodium magnets.

I did the weekly water change and added patches of Nemastoma.

This photo is overexposed just to show all the green algae from glass and the new red macro algae frags:

- Halymenia Floresia (center back, under the Xenia)

- Halipton Sp. (big rock, top left)

- Nemastoma Sp. (big rock, center and small rock, front right)

• 3 weeks later...
Dion_Blaster

Dude your tank is inspiring - love the minimalist rock work.

Where'd you get the rock nem? And how is he as an inhabitant

Thanks dude. I got the rock nem from aquascapers. It's awesome, it came mounted in a pvc pipe thing. I feed the nem 1-2 / week fauna marin pellets and/or unfrozen bits of frozen fish of the day. It's very active and it looks amazing under actinic.

Dion_Blaster

Darn, was hoping you found one local so I could swoop in and grab one myself. I hear they stick to the sand so I'm guessing you can protect your other inhabitants by isolating them to the rock work?

Locally, talk to Ali from Amazing Aquariums.

It does stick to the hand, very active. Bcz it came in a pvc pipe, I was able to put it in the susbtrate, no issues so far, no signs of agressions. The PAR level, mid day is around 200 and the flow is medium.

I have another one in the 2nd tank, it arrived loose, so it decided to mount itself next to an open brain and she did some brain damage until I had to move the nem away in a corner. It was pissed off for a couple of days but after that it mounted itself to the bottom glass. The PAR level is aprox the same but with a lot more flow.

• 8 months later...

Archived