Top Shelf Aquatics

SPS ID

Squared

It's a little too short to tell right now but I have frags of mille and a monti that both look like that. It would have to grow out to 2"+ to be more identifiable.

Well it's almost definitely NOT an acro.. I'd say millepora.

Millepora belongs in the genus Acropora, which makes it an acro. Unless, you're referring to the genus millepora, which I'm positive the OP doesn't have. PYA is right, the frag is much to small to make any ID's.

Fair enough, you got me :P I assumed he was referring to the traditional tort, but I understand his comment now.

• 5 months later...

almost six months later and i've manage to get this frag to grow out a little more. is it ID-able now?

acroid1_zps527f6474.jpg

acroid2_zps9e125c5b.jpg

acroid3_zpsc8317edf.jpg

my best guess right now is a blue-green tenius?

i know right? been trying to avoid dosing for the sake of keeping a super low-maintenance tank, but that no longer seems possible, especially i want more sps :closedeyes:

anyways what do you think it is?

IDK if the growth I see in my tank is normal. I've been dosing with BRS dosers only for a few months, before that my ALK and Calc swings were substantial so the tank did not see much in the way of stability.

Sept 2012

IMG_0028.JPG

Jan 2013

IMG_0354.JPG

Oct 2012

IMG_2503.CR2.jpg

See Jan picture above for same coral

Oct 2012

IMG_2403.CR2.jpg

Nov 2012

IMG_2767.CR2.jpg

Don't kill me It'S an ACROPORA! :lol:

okay okay. I can;t tell even now to be honest, could be a millie, could be a tenuis. It's still just too stubby to tell.

Looks more tenuis-y to me. :P

Archived