SaltCritters.com

jnelson's Gyrating DB 30G Shallow RR

jnelson

So I think I might have to sump my Emerald Crab... Saw him picking around some of my corals this morning. Didn't look like he was eating polyps but the corals were definitely ticked off. Anyone else have this problem?

my emerald hasn't eaten any of my corals. Id keep a close eye on yours just to make sure. I hear they like to eat crud in between polyps. zoas can be too sensitive, mine close up whenever anything brushes past em.

edit: love the tank btw. following!

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on it. It was really annoying my hammer but we'll see if it actually starts taking chunks out of it (I hope it doesn't!).

And see below for today's random picture of the day. YWG guarding my frag rack.

post-64493-1344910601_thumb.jpg

My evap has come up a bit... Temps were a little high so I angled my return and powerhead towards the surface. I've been losing a little more each day, probably about 2 gallons over the last week. I anticipate some more in the winter when it's really dry here, I attribute the lower evap to the humid summer we've had (I don't have AC on during the day).

Awesome tank I have the same one. My evap is around 1 gallon a day. My favorite tank so far and I have had 6 now.

IMG_0861.jpg

I didn't know you had this tank too. Looks great. What wattage is the halide? Do you run a chiller?

My evap has come up a bit... Temps were a little high so I angled my return and powerhead towards the surface. I've been losing a little more each day, probably about 2 gallons over the last week. I anticipate some more in the winter when it's really dry here, I attribute the lower evap to the humid summer we've had (I don't have AC on during the day).

My evap is around 4-5 g per week. I have a fan blowing on the surface though to keep things cool. Works like a charm with the heater to keep it at 79.

Also, I meant to tell you. You should get a free photobucket account to post pics so you don't have to keep uploading them to NR. That's made my experience so much more enjoyable; to easily post pics.

• 2 years later...

Some top-down shots taken yesterday

Bigass leather

9V0nw8hl.jpg

Growing zoa/paly garden and frogspawn

WPSvMVXl.jpg

Neon green nepthea, red monti cap, and duncans

1O9gcPSl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks really good! I am in the middle of putting together a build with the same tank. I am going to be lighting it with a XR30w Pro Gen2 and was trying to decide if the coverage would be good enough with the RMS mount. From the look of yours with the XR15w I should be fine. I was planning on doing 2 MP10s, but that gyer makes me wonder if that is the way to go.

• 3 months later...

Archived