Innovative Marine Aquariums

Your new competition

TeflonTomDosh

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hear zip lock bags work better

Popsicle stick would work much better and are readily available from neighborhood kids for free this time of year.

Just think, when the water hits the Popsicle stick, your tank will smell like grape, strawberry, lime, etc.

That rack probably takes 5 dollars worth of super glue. Call me crazy but I think he will close up shop in moms basement in no time. But who knows I have know others that made a mint in out of moms basement :)

• 2 weeks later...

WTF even more are popping up! And the build quality is getting better and better

This guy spamming our instructional vids on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlltocA7zKw...sponse_received

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251102276380?var=&...984.m1558.l2649

lol

Unlike other "in-T-ank" media trays that water is not evenly spread over any filter area, and tank water runs off of the the side of the floss, leaving you with a tank that is only catches 65% of debris, and eventually leaving you with clogged up gunk on your bio balls and eventually unhealthy or DEAD FISH !

But you can use the awesome biocube skimmer with this thing! Guy is miles ahead, best skimmer on the market and bioballs.

He almost has a point there.

Quite a bit of my water over flows from Stevie's setup and runs right into the second chamber, filter free.

Unlike other "in-T-ank" media trays that water is not evenly spread over any filter area, and tank water runs off of the the side of the floss, leaving you with a tank that is only catches 65% of debris, and eventually leaving you with clogged up gunk on your bio balls and eventually unhealthy or DEAD FISH !
TeflonTomDosh
He almost has a point there.

Quite a bit of my water over flows from Stevie's setup and runs right into the second chamber, filter free.

And a large portion of your water would miss the filtration with that one too, probably more. You should be the first one to develop a "perfect" system.

You're probably right but I'm less of a developer and more of a consumer.

My aquarium's original trays were the biggest disappointment. Stevie's trays don't seem to work much better but they're prettier, easier to use, allow for more media and I needed a set for my fuge anyway.

So in the end it's all good.

The vast majority of the water gets in the basket if you cut the tab to match the stay hold. It all comes back again in a few minutes and gets in the filter again. It's almost impossible to design something that is after market when they have the molding around the rim of the chambers. Basket can not take up entire chamber since we still haven't figured out how to make plastic shrink and expand on command :)

Make sure you have large media bags on the bottom shelf tied to the middle to not block too many holes.

Basket can not take up entire chamber since we still haven't figured out how to make plastic shrink and expand on command :)

Steve, I believe this could be solved by creating a expandable media basket with a geared expanding sliding plates. Drop the basket in the chamber, attach the custom clowfish shaped inTank key to the shaft and give it a couple turns to expand out the basket in 4 directions to fit the chamber. Sure, it may cost you $200 for the basket, but can you really afford to not have 100% of your water not go thru the basket.

Now we're talkin' !

Or a basket that shelves overlap so you can slide them wider once in and still have a full shelf. Some ##### about $40 + shipping lets see what they say when it is $120 + ship.

Or some big wig buys inTank out, sends it to China, mold is made. Thousands and thousands are popped out, they show up at petco, cost $45, last one year then break and you buy another. Meanwhile inTank owner is relaxing on beach taking care of his reef "tank" that he built in the ocean and wondering where the private jet will go next.

Stevie, your racks are so crazy awesome, I kept it in my sump I built for my 29g BC. 100% of my water dumps through the rack and couldn't be happier.

Meanwhile inTank owner is relaxing on beach taking care of his reef "tank" that he built in the ocean and wondering where the private jet will go next.

Here you go Steve.

Think of the money you'll save on tank maintenance .

underwater-hotel-turkey.jpg

The hookers would love that pad

:wub:

Stevie, your racks are so crazy awesome, I kept it in my sump I built for my 29g BC. 100% of my water dumps through the rack and couldn't be happier.

Some day I would love to have baskets for sumps. Need to think of a way to only make a few sizes so they would work in all shapes and heights. Maybe a hang on basket.... shoot me a pic if you get a chance of that in the sump.

The hookers would love that pad

:wub:

Some day I would love to have baskets for sumps. Need to think of a way to only make a few sizes so they would work in all shapes and heights. Maybe a hang on basket.... shoot me a pic if you get a chance of that in the sump.

i had it set up like this first with the stock BC pump

396154_10102116803385893_676380561_n.jpg

after upgrading the return pump to a Sicce Syncra 2.0 the flow was too much for the rack so i had to cut a hole through the first shelf and extend the pvc through it. i moved my filter up top which works just the same.

375619_10102116803805053_1968899001_n.jpg

539675_10102116803959743_238806380_n.jpg

582160_10102116804039583_1547536266_n.jpg

the rack not only help fiter (as it should) but create less microbubbles and sand movement throughout the sump.

maybe if it was wider i could have still used the filter down there and not had to modify it, but im still loving it none the less.

Archived