Coral Vue Hydros

Petco $1 a gallon sale: June 24th!

Miss Nano

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know of any pet stores (like Jacks or Pet Supplie Ples) that price match? I wanna get a 125or180 and a 55 for a sump

CBernhardt23
Anyone know of any pet stores (like Jacks or Pet Supplie Ples) that price match? I wanna get a 125or180 and a 55 for a sump

It only applies to tanks up to 55 gallons

jedimasterben
Maybe i should pick-up a 1.5 gallon as a sump for my 2.5 gallon....

:D PICOPOWER. haha

It only applies to 10, 15, 20 (long and tall), 29, 40, and 55 gallon tanks, no smaller or larger, and no "specialty" tanks, like bowfronts, Biocubes, kits, etc. I think one particular corner bowfront does get the special price, but I've never seen one in-store at any location I've been to.

albertthiel
What's a good tank size for a frag tank?

Of the many I have seen most are square or rectangular of various sizes but the height is usually no more than 6 to 8 inches for good light penetration

Water flow seems moderate in most of them

hope this helps

Albert

jedimasterben
Is a 40 gallon tank okay for a yellow tang and fishes of that sort?

75+

And some species need 180+

On a good note though, a 40B display and a 20L sump will be on my shopping list this weekend

Exactly what I'm picking up as well :) 40b display and a 20l for the sump :P

I'm in Orlando, FL and our sales start this weekend as well.

jedimasterben
Curious, why do people get a 40 than? Seems like u can stock the same fish as u can in a 20..no major improvement stock wise.

:huh: There are a lot more fish out there besides tangs, many of which you can't keep in a 20 but are ok in a 40.

jedimasterben
I dont need it, but im gonna go pick up a 40 gallon breeder. Im sure ill do something iwth it lol.

QT tank.

Any specific types? Sorry been out of the game for a while now. Just starting back today actually.

Specific types of what? Take a look at Liveaquaria.com and poke around, you'll get an idea of what is available.

called the local Petco here in Long Island and the lady is pretty sure that sale starts the 24th here too.

she said she wouldnt know for sure until sunday but she knew what i was talking about.

hopefully they dont sell out cause sundays the one day i wont be around :(

albertthiel
called the local Petco here in Long Island and the lady is pretty sure that sale starts the 24th here too.

she said she wouldnt know for sure until sunday but she knew what i was talking about.

hopefully they dont sell out cause sundays the one day i wont be around :(

Guess I'll have to get to the local one here in the ATL area just as they open their doors then ...

Thanks for the update ... hopefully they'll have it here too

Albert

Picking up my 40B first thing tomorrow today morning. :)

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

Can't wait to see you build your 40 with me. :lol:

jedimasterben
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

Can't wait to see you build your 40 with me. :lol:

This one is only a sump, though it will be a display fuge. Not 100% sure of what to put in it, though, either a green spotted puffer or maybe pipefish or something. Who knows at this point lol. :)

I talked to the guys at my local petco and they had received extra inventory - so they are expecting the sale to start but they hadn't received any of the marketing materials so they expect it might start the next weekend.

Archived