SaltCritters.com

45 nano puget sound tidal biotope.

Nemcrazy

Well I figured it was time to start the new thread on my 45 nano. Is it really nano at 45 gallons? Well it is a temperate biotope at least. To see how I got here please see my http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=303683. Brrrr 60f this morning when I dipped my hand in this morning. Just the right temp for this tank. It doesn't have a chiller and until it does it is banished to the basement. It keeps a good temp for tidal critters though with a max temp of 64 on a 80 degree day. This has been a busy couple of weeks. I have quite a few additions from an order from my good friends at Coldwater Marine Aquatics. I expanded my order with them halfway through and was happy with it all. And a few larger anemones from a local guy. Throw in the pair of catalina gobies from the lfs that were on sale and I'd say it was an active week. Here is a video of it

my tank

So what do people think of just running zeo-carb? Its a filter media that absorbs ammonia and includes activated carbon. Would that inhibit the biological process or stop it all together. If it is absorbing the ammonia it would in theory it would take out the first link of the chain. But its hard for me to believe it would be that efficient. And it would make for a longer safer cycle time. Maybe it would just take care of the problem altogether if I just keep up on the zeo carb. What do all you freezing fish masters think?

Archived