ReefCleaners.org

Who's NOT breeding clowns?

neuwave

There are many breeders out there attempting many other species; not just clowns. Check the journals of what's out there:

Marine Breeders' Initiative

+1 I agree - several "Clown" breeders use breeding clowns as a step to get into the more difficult to breed species. I know that's my plan as well as most other breeders that I talk to.

JamieSheffield

I am not breeding clowns. I am breeding snails and asterina stars and chaeto and majano in my tanks though...

Jamie

I am not breeding clowns. I am breeding snails and asterina stars and chaeto and majano in my tanks though...

Well that is an accomplishment. Chaeto doesn't normally go sexual. :D

My stomatella snails spawned in my 2 gallon Fluval Spec.

I currently have 3 Sexy Shrimp (2 females 1 male) who bred in my 2 gallon Fluval Spec as well; I didn't raise the larvae though.

I plan on setting up a 20 Long Kreisel with a 20 or so gallon sump w/skimmer and Automatic Feeder.

I plan on raising my Sexy Shrimp Larvae first and then moving on to Bangaii Cardinals and finally clowns.

Then who knows what I'll do next :D

Breeding is definitely one of my favorite parts of the hobby and I can't wait to try it first-hand.

-Wizzy :happy:

My baby stars started breeding on their own once. Not sure what triggered it and it hasn't happened since. Kind of entertaining tho.

Video:

Awesome vid. I wish I knew how to stop them from multiplying. I have hundred everywhere. Lol

I'm going to be breeding pj cardinals in my new tank soon.

Nice to see some cardinals in the mix.

I've done bangai cardinals. I want to try some gobies and also a species of dottyback like the orchid. That will be my next trial. I am not a big fan of angels so I don't think I would ever try those.

Bangai are awesome. I forgot where but I remember someone bred one with more black throughout its body with white speckles. But never saw a pic. Angels is just one example, any fish or invert would be cool.

There are many breeders out there attempting many other species; not just clowns. Check the journals of what's out there:

Marine Breeders' Initiative

Sweet site thanks for the link. Used to be anther organization I used to check out but forgot the name. Now it's gonna bug the rest of the day.

debbie-downer.jpg

Sorry, but been in the hobby so long, I want something new! I want the challenge of a difficult/advanced fish. Also I like to try things no one else has tried. If your ever up for the challenge join the group. :)

My stomatella snails spawned in my 2 gallon Fluval Spec.

I currently have 3 Sexy Shrimp (2 females 1 male) who bred in my 2 gallon Fluval Spec as well; I didn't raise the larvae though.

I plan on setting up a 20 Long Kreisel with a 20 or so gallon sump w/skimmer and Automatic Feeder.

I plan on raising my Sexy Shrimp Larvae first and then moving on to Bangaii Cardinals and finally clowns.

Then who knows what I'll do next :D

Breeding is definitely one of my favorite parts of the hobby and I can't wait to try it first-hand.

-Wizzy :happy:

Sexies would be awesome. I considered spotted nem shrimp, but not sure what invert to go with just yet. I agree trying to get a species to breed means the marine creature is tip top shape in my book. :happy:

Used to be anther organization I used to check out but forgot the name. Now it's gonna bug the rest of the day.

reefstewardshipfoundation.org

marinebreeder.org

Not too many years ago, reefstewardshipfoundation was where marine breeding was at. But the forums appear to have since been reduced to a little less than a crawl now. Which isn't to say it isn't an active community. Just not too publicly visible.

My research has never linked me much to marinebreeder, but they're forums are visibly active. Probably just too new. They never got back to me though when I asked them to host my multi-site cross-posted thread/net, and now it's too long to even consider it.

Their loss. ;)

Archived