Do you talk to your fish tank?

Lalani

Do you?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. DO you?

• Yes
    • No
    • I like turtles

So I catch myself often saying "Hello fishies!" when I pass by my fish tanks, whether they are listening or not. Not after the lights go out though, then I whisper, "Goodnight little buddies."

Seriously. :mellow:

I'm not alone in this, am I?

I don't necessarily talk to mine, but i wave at the fish when i walk past. one of my fish used to dance at the glass when i waved, thought he was going to get fed.

nor_cal_nano

Sometimes I curse at my fish. Does that count?

Usually its me screaming obscenities at my clown when he bites the hell out of my hand, which then makesme jump, hitting my light fixture and spilling water everywhere.

Or my hawkfish refusing to get of my vortech to take a damn picture.

Only once, and it disturbed me to my very core.

I was gluing down some zoanthids and accidentally pressed the polyps in stead of the plug. I said "Woops, sorry babies."

Most horrifying thing I've ever seen or heard. Jumped back after they where secure and couldn't look at that tank for at least 3 days.

nor_cal_nano
Only once, and it disturbed me to my very core.

I was gluing down some zoanthids and accidentally pressed the polyps in stead of the plug. I said "Woops, sorry babies."

Most horrifying thing I've ever seen or heard. Jumped back after they where secure and couldn't look at that tank for at least 3 days.

Awesome avatar is awesome.

So I catch myself often saying "Hello fishies!" when I pass by my fish tanks, whether they are listening or not. Not after the lights go out though, then I whisper, "Goodnight little buddies."

Seriously. :mellow:

I'm not alone in this, am I?

#####.

"Stay in line or I won't feed you, ungrateful little ####s. I'm God here."

Ah, the joys of nano reefing.

Roberta Rachel

Mostly I just say hi when I walk past the tanks. Also I say things like 'you hungry’? while feeding them.

TeflonTomDosh

I tell my fish like this

Fish, you without me is like harry melvin without the bluenotes

You'll never go platinum!

ThePhilosopher

Hell, sometimes I even catch myself talking to a piece of frozen shrimp when I'm feeding my corals.

"No, stupid shrimp. Don't you float away from me".

"Hello boys!"

I don't know why I do this, because I know I have a female clownfish and odds are that I have at least couple more girl fish too. Maybe 'cause my two dogs are boys, and that's what I say to them. :unsure:

surgicalsense

... depends

Just the clown fishies mainly. They will get the occasional, so cute and fatty statement said to them.

Archived