ReefCleaners.org

20L AIO - The overstocked money pit

MFChop

Pulled the trigger on a Hydor Slim Skim nano, unfortunately its on back order for two weeks....

Unfortunately my Yasha has been acting very weird lately... Hes was barley moving the other day and yesterday he went crazy daring all over the tank..... I hope hes not on his way out :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think he wasnt eating properly. I put him in an Iso box for a few days and fed him directly. He wasnt happy about being in there but after a few days I released him back in to his "lover" the pistol shrimp lol. When I moved the scape he was hiding in there looking healthy as always....

After a weekend with my new Hydor Skimmer it has pulled about an ounce of brown nastiness from my tank... I hope after a while it will help cure my algae issues

• 4 weeks later...

Well I think my Yasha is gone :(. I haven't seen him in over a month now..My pistol is all alone now

My skimmer works great so far.It really pulls alot of nastiness out of the water, but I'm still dealing with algae problems...

• 1 year later...

A lots changed since my last post. Got rid of the Maroon Clown and got a pair of Ocellaris Clowns, that have made home in my Xenias.

I kinda got overwhelmed with the constant maintenance of two tanks, so I took down my Edge and its helped me focus more on my this one and regain my interest. All of the LR from there and clean up crew made it into this tank.

In the past year I lost a lot of coral due to cyano algae. Even though Im using Chemi-Pure now. Im looking into adding a reactor to help filtration, it will have to be a HOB / external.

My water changes are back to a normal schedule 20% every two weeks, Floss ever week, and Chemi every 4 weeks.

I just ordered the MP10wQD upgrade for my ES so I can finally sync my Radion and Vortech, curious to see how much quieter it will be since I sit 3ft from it 8hrs a day.

Hopefully Ill try to be more active with updates now too

Did some water testing today.... not gonna lie I probably haven't in a year or two :/

PH 8.2

Ammonia 0ppm

Nitrites 0ppm

Nitrates 10ppm

Gonna go pic up a test kit for the other parameters tonight....

Yeah it had an awesome start till I lost my zest lol

But its come back! Im slowly ramping up my Radion. I had turned it down to 20% a while back and Im slowing getting it up to 60% where it "should" be at.

Unfortunately iPhone doesn't produce great pics so I wont be able to post till I snag my camera in CT

• 4 weeks later...

With weekly water changes and everything seems to be doing great... going to have to start adding more coral again soon

Tested the water after 4 weeks

PH 8.4

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 5.0

Phosphates 0

Calcium 420

PH seems to have creeped up a little after tomorrows water change I'm hoping it will be back down to normal

• 2 months later...

Threw some new coral in the other day; Ricordea, a walk, and some Zoos

One Ricordea detached and was lost to the mp10 so I put the sock back and the Radion is set at 40 ramping back up to 60 over a week, hoping they settle in soon

Water Parameters

PH 8.0

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 5.0

Phosphates 0

Calcium 380

199FFDF7-2547-4B40-A7F6-CDB926985C75_zps

86D5441E-EAD6-4C88-AAB6-69471E63C824_zps

7DADA889-91CE-4D1C-AF2C-3641D3A0F899_zps

Sorry for the crummy iPhone pics :/

Cencalfishguy56

Threw some new coral in the other day; Ricordea, a walk, and some Zoos

One Ricordea detached and was lost to the mp10 so I put the sock back and the Radion is set at 40 ramping back up to 60 over a week, hoping they settle in soon

Water Parameters

PH 8.0

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 5.0

Phosphates 0

Calcium 380

199FFDF7-2547-4B40-A7F6-CDB926985C75_zps

86D5441E-EAD6-4C88-AAB6-69471E63C824_zps

7DADA889-91CE-4D1C-AF2C-3641D3A0F899_zps

Sorry for the crummy iPhone pics :/

How's the algae battle going?

How's the algae battle going?

Slowly but steadily, Im refusing to piss off the tank with peroxide. Weekly water changes have made a lot of difference with my tank. However since my tank is over stocked its a hard battle. My water parameters say Im doing good though lol

I love the AIO design for this tank. I plan on doing the same thing with a 40 breeder I have

Thanks. Eventually Im gonna ditch this for a custom 40g long essentially two 20g longs put together, wish someone just made one

Cencalfishguy56

Slowly but steadily, Im refusing to piss off the tank with peroxide. Weekly water changes have made a lot of difference with my tank. However since my tank is over stocked its a hard battle. My water parameters say Im doing good though lol

Thanks. Eventually Im gonna ditch this for a custom 40g long essentially two 20g longs put together, wish someone just made one

One step at a time man you'll win but yea I'm sure you can have one made, I almost got a 30L but figured I didn't want too much maintenance so I got a 20L

Dropped my Radion from 60 down to 45% for better PAR value range with the new corals

Going to have to start adding calcium to the tank to keep it in the upper 400 range, any recommendations?

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Tank is looking better and better now that Im doing weekly changes

Had an Aptasia outbrake this past week that I needed to treat

Also now dosing with Aquavitro calcification

Im loosing a lot of the orange zoas I recently added idk why when the others I have in the same spot are doing just fine....

Archived