Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20L AIO - The overstocked money pit

MFChop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update...Cycling is boring lol

LOL totally agree!!! Thats why I use established live rock from my tanks or sumps. Instant cycle :)

by the way I cancelled the order of the HALOGEN light because my stand is not covered with wood under the tank so I can put any light under the tank and give plenty of light to the chaeto. I think I will cover the rest of the bottom with black paint or something; so I dont get too much algae grow all over the filtration chambers.

eddiecorrea
LOL totally agree!!! Thats why I use established live rock from my tanks or sumps. Instant cycle :)

by the way I cancelled the order of the HALOGEN light because my stand is not covered with wood under the tank so I can put any light under the tank and give plenty of light to the chaeto. I think I will cover the rest of the bottom with black paint or something; so I dont get too much algae grow all over the filtration chambers.

Thats actually a good idea. I don't have the room as my nano is on the granite bar.

Thats actually a good idea. I don't have the room as my nano is on the granite bar.

Subermigle is the way to go for you then :) I liked the halogen bulb a lot BUT with the $22 Ill spend on it I rather spend that money on the media basket from Tim (YankeePete)

I guess the progress of your 20L AIO will be slow untill the cycle is done :|

CUC and Inverts Added! See OP

IMG_1241.jpg

Nice!!!!!!! Glad to see some progress :) keep us updated!!!!

here's mine, I still need to buy fish and start to add some frags. Got the light fixture yesterday and took this pics

post-68216-1337696499_thumb.jpg

post-68216-1337696503_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Live Stock added!!!!

Yasha Gobie

Maroon Clown

Tiger Pistol Shrimp

See OP for pics

Still waiting to buy an AI SOL but I have a bunch of coral in my other tank waiting to be added..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow just realized I havent updated this in some time. Not much has changed however as Im still waiting on my AI Vega. I did add a Fuge to the 2nd chamber and a Scooter Blenny to the tank

• 3 weeks later...

Update to OP

Finally bought a light DeepBlue SolarXscape 424 its a great light for $220,

Added a Baghai Cardinal, Polys, Hammer, and a Goniopora too

The tanks running great so far, frankly I dont mind the slow process either. In a year it will probly be fully established..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Update, still battling algae... I think it has to do with the bulbs in my fixture sucking lol

Upgrading to a Radion Gen 2 soon and adding a skimmer

• 1 month later...

Update, not much has changed, algae is finally getting under control

added a Xenia coral

will be posting better pics soon

495FD7BB-22EA-49BC-8C9A-7DE643E10A50-845

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bella's Reef

Nice light!

I purchased Esqueleto's old 20L AIO kit, trying to get things started, got it siliconed in and realized I missed two inside of the smaller panels seams in the rear due to a slow flow rate. Hope to have the back painted black and the seams sealed this weekend. Next step working on a stand for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with SPS

17AC8F9B-0EE3-453B-AC5B-145B57FD8FCE-496

Debating on adding more LR to the left side...

and still battling this algae issue, I may add carbon into the second chamber...

• 5 weeks later...
Bella's Reef

Sent you a PM about skimmer and to see if you are interested in the media basket I have & will not be using for this kit.

WOW I really like that last FTS. This thing has really come together aesthetically. I hope you can find what's going on with your algae, but either way this is looking awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Sent you a PM about skimmer and to see if you are interested in the media basket I have & will not be using for this kit.

Yeah thanks, still havent pulled the trigger on one yet...

WOW I really like that last FTS. This thing has really come together aesthetically. I hope you can find what's going on with your algae, but either way this is looking awesome.

Thanks yeah still having slight issues with the algae. Zero nitrates with WC every two weeks, I think it might be the lighting but I cant do much about that..

Archived