inTank Media Baskets

The Lightning Clown is Spawning!

awpong

Deckoz2302

Blue Spot or maccullochs + lightning....can you say agressive clownfish lol...that would b4e sweet >.<

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C.I._Reefer
Yet if we take another step back....

A clownfish is spawning!

wow. that's earth shattering :unsure:

Also remember, while the fish is physically in Matt's care, it was Mitch May who actually got the fish to spawn. Congradulations Mitch in the successfull spawning of a fish 500 miles away! THAT is a good breeder!

You have 4 posts in 3 years. 2 of them are overly negative and 2 of them you go out of your way to hump Mitch's leg(and possibly other parts). What gives? So much credibility, and such an asset to our community...

matt frizz
Fantastic information, great debate, juicy drama, endless amounts of jealousy. 5 stars. Will read again.

Seriously Matt, great job! Thank you for sharing your information and experience publicly. Keep up the good work and know we all appreciate it.

best post by far

You have 4 posts in 3 years. 2 of them are overly negative and 2 of them you go out of your way to hump Mitch's leg(and possibly other parts). What gives? So much credibility, and such an asset to our community...

"overly negative"? The nano-reef.com community and I have had our um..shall we say, differences of opinion, for years now. Out of every single forum that followed up on this news, Nano-Reef.com's response on the whole has been the only one with negative responses, and for the most part, responses that trend negative on generalizations, misundestandings, and probably a fair amount of jealousy. So yeah...you wonder why I stopped really posting here years ago? That's why. Too many people (including a moderator) going off on topics they may not know much about, for no reason other than to bully and berate publicly. I'd long since moved on from the day-to-day of this forum. Calling it like I see it.

That, and as I said before, I LOVE a good argument ;)

Regarding Mitch May, well, I'm going to cite Richard Ross, because he made this observation about me, to me, about something I never noticed about myself. I tend to lift people up. I know that sounds corny / cheeze / egotistical, but there IS a philosophy behind that which drives that. It's called...

Credit Where Credit Is Due

I try to keep an open mind about things, and I went into the Lightning Project with a personal mandate to WELCOME outside suggestions and comments. And well, Mitch is the one that brought the "double down" technique to me, explained how he used it, and the results he got, which got me intrigued.

Of course, har har har, I too find the humor in the snarky "Mitch bred the fish from 500 miles away" commentary. Seriously though, there's a lot of people out there who really don't really get it. On paper, the Lightning Maroon has been paired for over 10 months. They have been cleaning since MACNA last year. So we knew it was going to happen. But I do believe that using Mitch's double down was the catalyst that kicked them over the edge. Of course, there are other ways to do this too, but this was a nice, easy, convenient way to jump start a pair. So I'll continue to "hump Mitch's leg" as you call it, because unlike other folks who might just put this out there WITHOUT crediting the actual source, I'm not gonna do that. It wasn't my idea, so I'm not going to take credit for it. Let the humpfest commence.

xDetroitMetalx - I'll keep the juice and debate flowing just for you my friend! Enjoy!

iprayforwaves

Can't we all just get along? ;)

Aww they ate the nest? :( Dang. My snowflakes did that with thier first two clutches, so disappointing. But there will be more!

(throwing my optimistic bone on your argument pile, lol)

iprayforwaves
Nope, maroons in general are ugly lol...I just want one so I can get Ibluewater to mate it up with an occ and make babies :o

Ugly? Beauty in the eye of the beholder, I guess. My GSMs are my favorite pair!

uh, Matt.. I know you said that you "love a good argument," but C.I._reefer's comment wasn't directed at you at all. The whole leg humping and "overly negative" thing was meant for the guy crediting Mitch May for doing all the work.

Congratulations on the spawn, btw. I look forward to your future blog updates.

uh, Matt.. I know you said that you "love a good argument," but C.I._reefer's comment wasn't directed at you at all. The whole leg humping and "overly negative" thing was meant for the guy crediting Mitch May

That's how I had read it as well.

C.I._Reefer
uh, Matt.. I know you said that you "love a good argument," but C.I._reefer's comment wasn't directed at you at all. The whole leg humping and "overly negative" thing was meant for the guy crediting Mitch May for doing all the work.

Congratulations on the spawn, btw. I look forward to your future blog updates.

^ this. I'm stoked for you and the lightning clown. My comment was directed at the guy downplaying your accomplishment and giving too much credit to Mitch.

I'm on your side! Lol, sorry if my post seemed misdirected.

Am I the only one that things that fish is kinda ugly.

I mean, heck yes its ugly and so are any other selectively bred fish like picassos or snowflakes, but it's cool. :D

RayWhisperer

I know Mitch very well. I respect Mitch. I should tell you, Matt, Mitch doesn't like people broadcasting his techniques openly. I guess he kinda thinks about it as a trade secret. (like the Coke formula, or KFC's 11 herbs and spices.) Willing to share with some, not so with others. You'd better check with him before discussing that technique on the interwebz.(assuming you haven't already done so.)

As far as N-R goes. It's always been this way. Some like it, others don't. We have a very active, sometimes very critical community. I've made it known to you, I don't really agree with many of the ways you do things. Many here have. Still many others support you. I can't argue with your success, regardless of how I feel about how you do some things. I'm not changing, nor do I expect you to.

My comment was directed at the guy downplaying your accomplishment and giving too much credit to Mitch.

I'm on your side! Lol, sorry if my post seemed misdirected.

HAHA HA! Just goes to show you how easy it is to misinterpret the written word. At least there's one thing clear....we're ALL fans of Mitch May and his contributions to the project!!!! :)

I should tell you, Matt, Mitch doesn't like people broadcasting his techniques openly. I guess he kinda thinks about it as a trade secret. (like the Coke formula, or KFC's 11 herbs and spices.) Willing to share with some, not so with others. You'd better check with him before discussing that technique on the interwebz.(assuming you haven't already done so.)

15 steps ahead of you RW. Once again, trying to make me look bad, this time by implying that I'm somehow giving away Mitch May's personal trade secrets.

Mitch's number is in my cell's phonebook, your's isn't. So maybe you should stop butting your nose into whatever friendship and collaborative dialog / understanding I may have with Mitch, because it's between Mitch and Me and has zero to do with you. Your friendship with Mitch is irrelevant...you could be best buds, and still, that wouldn't change a darn thing about my crediting Mitch for his persistence in suggesting I try this with eggs from the perc pair.

I can't argue with your success, regardless of how I feel about how you do some things.

Exactly, you can't argue with the success, so instead, you'll just try to downplay it by taking random generalized provocative and potentially libelous potshots at the guy behind the achievement, because apparently that's better than just accepting the success and how it was achieved in the first place. And you're a moderator (role model) to boot...

Gotcha ;)

See my prior statement explaining why I don't generally post here anymore...

Thanks for all the well wishes again..indeed...there will be more on the way. Patience is key as always.

Okay... Well they found this clown in the wild, right? So it's a crazy butt mutation... If we can get this strain going, it will be a captive bred, 100% natural feature, which will be pretty cool. May be ugly to some, but for those who can appreciate the beauty of the creatures of the planet, it would be an honor to own a pair!

I wonder why people don't get excited when I spawn.

All jokes aside, can't wait until babies are born and these are more obtainable. I'd so try and cross bread to get platinum-lightning's. B)

I wonder why people don't get excited when I spawn.

All jokes aside, can't wait until babies are born and these are more obtainable. I'd so try and cross bread to get platinum-lightning's. B)

But you're like 16?

SamsScaredFace.jpg

RayWhisperer
Yet you still do.

Shush now.

No, Matt, I'm not out to get you. I was only looking after Mitch's interests. If he doesn't mind you talking about it, I don't.

Archived