Pod Your Reef

Obsidian 70–75% SiO2, + MgO, Fe3O4

NewZealandReefie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewZealandReefie

Untitled-1-2.jpg

The cloud symbols represent a 10% chance of cloud cover at each of those time slots.

At the peak the light hits 100B 100B 70W 80G 80R.

Actinic sunrise and sunset is 100B 0B 0W 100G 20R starting at 10% light and ramping up or down to the next time point over an hour.

IMG_4307.jpg

That's really cool! Makes me really consider waiting for the dimmable Kessil LED lamp.

NewZealandReefie

Thought I would show you guys the colour differences in the blue LEDS on my Radion.

It's being sent back for replacement along with the MP40 (the dry side rumbles horribly when it gets down to low speeds, neither of the other two I've owned have done this).

The camera hasn't picked it up very well but one is the nice blue it should be and the other is a pale teal.

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

:angry:

NewZealandReefie

Not yet. Dealing with them and the supplier here in NZ. The supplier is being a ####-knuckle.

If they won't do what I require (full replacement without messing around) the light will be returned and something else will be purchased from another company. That'd be a bit sad though, if it had BLUE LED's instead of turquoise, it'd be awesome...

Not yet. Dealing with them and the supplier here in NZ. The supplier is being a ####-knuckle.

If they won't do what I require (full replacement without messing around) the light will be returned and something else will be purchased from another company. That'd be a bit sad though, if it had BLUE LED's instead of turquoise, it'd be awesome...

I dealt with ecotech directly. They shipped the new items the next day with a prepayed shipping slip for the broken old ones.

NewZealandReefie

Yeah, I sorta live in New Zealand. I've been corresponding with EcoTech but they're insisting that the supplier can sort it out.

NewZealandReefie

Little lady, one of my smallest female bartletts anthias will be moving tank this weekend, following aprox 15g water change and full panel of tests.

Still no resolution in the ongoing saga with the faulty Radion. EcoTech are basically refusing to deal with the issue themselves and are insisting that returns etc be made through the supplier/distributor. Who as it turns out is a retarded jerkoff. Sure buddy, I'll just 'calibrate' this TEAL led to be BLUE shall I? ####tard, that's not how it works.

I feel for you, I bought a MP10w ES, first day of use the propeller came off on the wet side, they didn't want to deal with me either. I called the retailer and they said I would have to pay for shipping of the new part both ways. I ended up just gluing the dam thing back on myself, has worked well since, but does make a grinding noise once and a while. I think Ecotech quality is poor overall for what they charge. Tunze has never done me wrong, their products are far superior IMO. Hope it all gets settled for you soon.

Sorry to hear that ecotech is giving you crap. I wonder if its because you're not in the States, but that shouldn't matter. If its under warrenty and you registered it they should deal with you directly.

They gave me two options on my MP10. I could send it to them and they would send a new one back or they would send me new components with a pre paid packing slip and then send them the damaged parts. The second option requires a credit card.

I hope this works out for you!

albertthiel
The beginnings of the Obsidian arrived today.

This tank is regretfully replacing The Leviathan.

Unpacking the new goodies that arrive is always a "thrill" I have found over the years ... followed by understanding how it all fits together if minor or major assembly is needed :)

Albert

Sorry to hear that NZR. Hopefullt it gets sorted out soon. Tell your vendor to pull his head out of his ass. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Ciedre!

Hey iball!

IMG_5214.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

Latest FTS:

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

The small rock on the right will be removed in the next few days.

Archived