inTank Media Baskets

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

mygolfisslow

SouthFlorida_Tron

i also just learned you can change the speed of the night mode along with other things if you desire... its in the wireless mp10 manual, which is not in the regular mp10 manual.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eddiecorrea
Hi guys. I noticed you both had AI leds and have switched to Radion. Can you share what made you want to change? I'm interested because I am considering changing my leds for a different setd up and was considering AI (Sol Blues or Vega Color) and Radion G1 or G2. G3 is too costly as I will need 2 for my tank, even though I would like the violets. Thanks!
I was bored. That literally is the only reason I got a radion. Oh and I got a screaming and I mean screaming deal on a brand new Radion. The vega is just as good a light as the radion. When director comes out I think it will be even better.

Bwahahahahaha! Knew I made the right choice in getting a Radion :)
Not necessarily true. I really like my AIs. They are extremely capable lights. But I got bored. I said I would when I got my AIs. I think the Vega is as capable a light as the Radion. I just got a much better deal on a brand new Radion so I went with it because why not. BTW I think I'm sticking with AIs over my 12.3. But I will be getting the black Nanos when they come out if I do.

i also just learned you can change the speed of the night mode along with other things if you desire... its in the wireless mp10 manual, which is not in the regular mp10 manual.
There are quite a few settings to change in the pumps that people don't know about. Haha

Hi guys. I noticed you both had AI leds and have switched to Radion. Can you share what made you want to change? I'm interested because I am considering changing my leds for a different setd up and was considering AI (Sol Blues or Vega Color) and Radion G1 or G2. G3 is too costly as I will need 2 for my tank, even though I would like the violets. Thanks!

Just like tron stated i really enjoyed the ai sol blue, the programing with the controller was awesome, the growth i had on things was fantastic, got tired of waiting for the sol to vega conversion. but i did start to grow board of it and i really wanted some more pop colorwise and wanted to sync my 2 mp10's to the radion since i am a reef geek.

Here's the proof Tron!

IMG_1042_zpsa54e01c0.jpg

I was bored. That literally is the only reason I got a radion. Oh and I got a screaming and I mean screaming deal on a brand new Radion. The vega is just as good a light as the radion. When director comes out I think it will be even better.

Not necessarily true. I really like my AIs. They are extremely capable lights. But I got bored. I said I would when I got my AIs. I think the Vega is as capable a light as the Radion. I just got a much better deal on a brand new Radion so I went with it because why not.

BTW I think I'm sticking with AIs over my 12.3. But I will be getting the black Nanos when they come out if I do.

There are quite a few settings to change in the pumps that people don't know about. Haha

Just like tron stated i really enjoyed the ai sol blue, the programing with the controller was awesome, the growth i had on things was fantastic, got tired of waiting for the sol to vega conversion. but i did start to grow board of it and i really wanted some more pop colorwise and wanted to sync my 2 mp10's to the radion since i am a reef geek.

Here's the proof Tron!

IMG_1042_zpsa54e01c0.jpg

Thanks to both of you.

I wish there were some of those deals still going!

go to the ecosmart live page and at the top left pull down the menu and look for ecosmart participation. select on... now when your radion goes into nightmode so does your pump, and wont go back to normal operation until the daymode starts!

I just did this and wow...was that to easy!?

I have two 34 gal tanks, one with a G1 and right next door I have the Pro over mostly sps. I have them both set on natural mode @ 100% from 1000 to 2300. Very simple, but I like natural mode the best. I don't have them hooked up to my MP10's, don't really see an advantage to it.

Now that I've had the Pro running for a couple of months, I have noticed much improved color and growth in almost all my corals. I plan to have the G1 upgraded to the Pro status when I can.

Am I a Radion fan boy? You bet.

Has anyone figured out how to do the lunar cycling? I have the lunar cycle enabled but this does not seems to do anything.

I have two 34 gal tanks, one with a G1 and right next door I have the Pro over mostly sps. I have them both set on natural mode @ 100% from 1000 to 2300. Very simple, but I like natural mode the best. I don't have them hooked up to my MP10's, don't really see an advantage to it.

Now that I've had the Pro running for a couple of months, I have noticed much improved color and growth in almost all my corals. I plan to have the G1 upgraded to the Pro status when I can.

Am I a Radion fan boy? You bet.

Interesting about the color differences. I have a G1 Radion and love the thing, but I'm curious to hear more about the color differences that you noticed. Specific colors? Types of corals, etc?

Does the G1 have the upgraded lenses on it? I've heard that increases PAR quite a bit.

For all of you Radion phanboys and phangals....

Take a look at this amazing vid of a 132 gallon tank lit with Radion Pros... Got this from Reef-Builders.

Amazing!!!!

My G2 Radions just arrived from Cultivated Reef and I got them temporarily hung over the tank on 2 ladders, a 2x4 and some cable ties! I want to work out the right positioning before I make any more holes in the ceiling!

Logging on to EcoSmart Live I got a message that there are technical issues and that users may not be able to connect to their lights. Well, I tried but got the message to connect the USB to a light and run the connection manager. I know the connection via USB was ok because windows saw the light and installed the driver. When I click the connection manager icon I get a pause but nothing seems to happen - does it run in the background or should it open in another window?

Could someone please check if they can communicate with their lights so I know if it is something I am doing wrong or a system issue?

Is it worth trying to download one of the legacy software programmes or wait for the outage to be fixed?

Thanks!

eddiecorrea

My G2 Radions just arrived from Cultivated Reef and I got them temporarily hung over the tank on 2 ladders, a 2x4 and some cable ties! I want to work out the right positioning before I make any more holes in the ceiling!

Logging on to EcoSmart Live I got a message that there are technical issues and that users may not be able to connect to their lights. Well, I tried but got the message to connect the USB to a light and run the connection manager. I know the connection via USB was ok because windows saw the light and installed the driver. When I click the connection manager icon I get a pause but nothing seems to happen - does it run in the background or should it open in another window?

Could someone please check if they can communicate with their lights so I know if it is something I am doing wrong or a system issue?

Is it worth trying to download one of the legacy software programmes or wait for the outage to be fixed?

Thanks!

I just got done changing some programming on my Radion with ESL. It worked. Overall I don't like ESL due to the glitches. I've had alot on Mac but it seems to be working fine for now.

Well I love the lights, the software - not so much!

I finally got it working.

When installing the connection manager, a prompt comes up and says that there is a newer version of a file already on the system and do you want to replace it. Normally it is good practice to say 'no' and stick with the newer file. I tried that. It didn't work. I had to tell it to replace the files and then I could get connection manager to run.

I had read up a bit on the lights while they were in transit and recalled that from somewhere that it will let you put in a 6 character password but it won't work unless you use 8! That was the other issue.

Hopefully this might be of help to someone else.

Now if I can get the system time to stay as I set it or even automatically set up to the actual time, I won't be operating a sunrise cycle right now!

eddiecorrea

Well I love the lights, the software - not so much!

I finally got it working.

When installing the connection manager, a prompt comes up and says that there is a newer version of a file already on the system and do you want to replace it. Normally it is good practice to say 'no' and stick with the newer file. I tried that. It didn't work. I had to tell it to replace the files and then I could get connection manager to run.

I had read up a bit on the lights while they were in transit and recalled that from somewhere that it will let you put in a 6 character password but it won't work unless you use 8! That was the other issue.

Hopefully this might be of help to someone else.

Now if I can get the system time to stay as I set it or even automatically set up to the actual time, I won't be operating a sunrise cycle right now!

Atleast you are using a quality ladder on the right. haha

The time thing is weird. Sometimes you have to connect and disconnect a few times for it to set. Not sure why it does that.

Once you figure out the software you should like it. I am using Tron's lighting schedule. Really nice after I made a few tweaks to it.

Has anyone figured out how to do the lunar cycling? I have the lunar cycle enabled but this does not seems to do anything.

I setup my own Lunar cycle. The lunar cycle they use is apparently modeled after the actual moon on some reef. So it will change depending on time of year and other factors. I like a steady moonlight so I setup 2 points from 1030pm to 1130am of 10% all blues at 5% intensity.

Atleast you are using a quality ladder on the right. haha

The time thing is weird. Sometimes you have to connect and disconnect a few times for it to set. Not sure why it does that.

Once you figure out the software you should like it. I am using Tron's lighting schedule. Really nice after I made a few tweaks to it.

I setup my own Lunar cycle. The lunar cycle they use is apparently modeled after the actual moon on some reef. So it will change depending on time of year and other factors. I like a steady moonlight so I setup 2 points from 1030pm to 1130am of 10% all blues at 5% intensity.

Thanks - will give it a try. Fish are already confused enough for one evening!

The clock issue had resolved itself when I logged on to ESL this morning.

Let's see how the first full day of use goes! I know my green tabling acro like the new lights yesterday - it had a huge amount of polyp extension. The other acros and the bonsai also had greater PE but not to the same extent.

I just joined... Pic to come :)

Still trying to figure out a schedule

Im 9" above a 12" depth and Natural Mode at 40% max right now

Archived