Coral Vue Hydros

Phillyclowns aquaculture "shenanigans"

phillyclownfish

phillyclownfish

Hey I have been checking out this forum for some time and thought it was time to post some of the things I have been working on. I currently mainly focus on raising clutches from my ocellaris pair. The other pairs I have are a darwin (B&W Oc.), Snowflake & B&W, picasso and rods onyx. The reason I got into this hobby was to just have fun but in the past six months I have been working on devoping a website for me to sell my juvy clowns. I will try and post pictures later of my latest Ocellaris hatch. Unfortunatly I had a mechanical issue with the airstone so only about 35 hatched. :mellow: I also have a very small hatch from my rods onyx pair that are about a month old. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

shaneandjohn

It's Great to see you in this forum. Please keep updating this thread!! We will be looking for a new pair of clowns but are going to be VERY selective when the time comes to buy.

This Forum will be our guide as to Who has What and when they are available.

• 4 months later...
phillyclownfish

Just wanted to give an update. My first batch from the Ocellaris are all sold now. The second batch are all around 1" and are doing great. I got a really cool pattern on the one female from this batch. She has the first and third stripe fully in. The middle stripe on the left side is naked and on the right has a full bullseye and a half of a bulls eye. I have never seen one like this before. Ill try and get some photos soon. They are too quick right now to get a good shot.

phillyclownfish

Well I transfered about 30 juvys to one of my smaller tanks so I could take some pictures. I decided it would be cool to shoot a video during feeding time. I will try and post it to youtube today.

phillyclownfish

At 49 seconds you can see the bulls eye clown. It is the biggest one in the video and is mostly at the center of the footage.

phillyclownfish

Here are some Rods Onyx juvies that I am helping raise for my friend. I think they are four months old now.

rodsonyx3.jpg

rodsonyx2.jpg

rodsonyx1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
phillyclownfish
Updates?!!!

Just trying to sell off the latest Ocellaris batch. They are getting big and I am worried about the tank they are currently in. My 40 Breeder might become the new grow out tank real soon. Should have another batch coming any day now.

Very neat!

I believe I have a pair of Rod's Onyx clowns. I bought them from another hobbiest a year and a half ago and was told that's where she got them, which honestly didn't mean anything to me at the time. They are about 4 years old now. They've never laid eggs in the 29 gallon biocube I have for them, but they do love their frogspawn and get a little bent outta shape when I go near it.

Any suggestions for me on how to encourage them to lay eggs? I have them only for the fun of the hobby, but if they were to lay eggs, I just might be up for the challenge of trying to hatch them if I still can get rotifers locally.

phillyclownfish
Very neat!

I believe I have a pair of Rod's Onyx clowns. I bought them from another hobbiest a year and a half ago and was told that's where she got them, which honestly didn't mean anything to me at the time. They are about 4 years old now. They've never laid eggs in the 29 gallon biocube I have for them, but they do love their frogspawn and get a little bent outta shape when I go near it.

Any suggestions for me on how to encourage them to lay eggs? I have them only for the fun of the hobby, but if they were to lay eggs, I just might be up for the challenge of trying to hatch them if I still can get rotifers locally.

Not the best to have them in a tank with any other fish. But if they are, it has to be a very peaceful enviornment. Just make sure to feed them alot of food/ light amounts of fish eggs as well and they should lay.

• 2 months later...
phillyclownfish

Going to be selling one of my breeding Ocellaris pairs. PM for details. Would prefer local pick up only at this point. Live in suburbs of Philadelphia

Archived