Cultivated Reef

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

Markushka

I'm out too, tanks up and running, but no pics. and I'm way too behind everyone. I just got my livestock today. good luck to everyone still going!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
hey mike, I updated the list on the original post and those are just the people who said they were dropping out on this thread. I'm just going to wait until this upcoming deadline is met to really update the list. People have been aware of the deadlines for a while now, and I'd rather just wait and get the list from the FTS/FES thread than messaging all 40 of them! I'll get it to you once the photo deadline passes.

Dallas,

Thanks for waiting, and ensuring that we get an accurate poll!

MG

dallasprstn
Dallas, are you out? I didnt see your pics for this month.

I've still got my pico up and running, but I decided I didn't wanna deal with any issues after I won my own contest...lol. No but really, I'd rather just run it for everybody else and keep my pico going. I'm still following the rules anyway though! keeping this pico is kind of like an experiment for me. I wanna see the growth difference of coral in a 2 gallon tank and a 180 gallon tank. :P

Cheese-Lover

I have a dumb question... The powersupply for my lights just died and took out one of the drivers... (Or it could be the other way around. No way to tell for sure.) Would I be disqualified if I replaced the powersupply and driver? (One of 9 drivers. And the one powersupply that powers them all...)

Islandoftiki
I have a dumb question... The powersupply for my lights just died and took out one of the drivers... (Or it could be the other way around. No way to tell for sure.) Would I be disqualified if I replaced the powersupply and driver? (One of 9 drivers. And the one powersupply that powers them all...)

You're allowed to repair or replace broken equipment as long as you're replacing it with the exact same thing.

Cheese-Lover
You're allowed to repair or replace broken equipment as long as you're replacing it with the exact same thing.

Would I be able to replace a no name 3w led driver with another no name 3w led driver assuming they have the same specs, but might have a different Chinese name on them?

And can I replace an old laptop 12v 5Amp psu with a no name brand 12v 5Amp psu from China?

The stuff will do the same thing. Just the old stuff I used I cannot get the exact same bits... Is this okay?

dallasprstn
Would I be able to replace a no name 3w led driver with another no name 3w led driver assuming they have the same specs, but might have a different Chinese name on them?

And can I replace an old laptop 12v 5Amp psu with a no name brand 12v 5Amp psu from China?

The stuff will do the same thing. Just the old stuff I used I cannot get the exact same bits... Is this okay?

yeah, there is no problem with that!

Cheese-Lover
yeah, there is no problem with that!

Thankyou. I just wanted to make 100% sure.

Jacob042426

Sorry, pictures soon, I am having some delays and already pm'ed Dallas, so it's all good. My tank is so cool! I can't wait for you guys to see it. :D

I did some rescaping today and moved the heater into the filter to get it out of sight. Looks much better now! Pictures are in my thread. :happy:

Sorry, pictures soon, I am having some delays and already pm'ed Dallas, so it's all good. My tank is so cool! I can't wait for you guys to see it. :D

STILL no pictures of your setup? Not really fair to everyone else who scrambled to get their tanks set up, or dropped out because they knew they were gonna miss the deadline for a day or two....

What's the deal, Jacob? You sure like to talk alot, why can't you just post a couple pics?

MeanGreenEyes
STILL no pictures of your setup? Not really fair to everyone else who scrambled to get their tanks set up, or dropped out because they knew they were gonna miss the deadline for a day or two....

What's the deal, Jacob? You sure like to talk alot, why can't you just post a couple pics?

Exactly!

Jacob042426

I am having some problems, so I'm never home. I am on because I have an IPad that I'm using. Sorry guys. :(

Well what did Dallas say when you pm'd him? I'd like to see some pics of this tank set up, with all the equipment you are using. I'm sorry if you're having problems, who's taking care of your tank if you're never home?

Jacob042426

Dallas had me give a legit reason. The water level is low and no one is taking care of it, but my scedule is finally clearing up and I will have more time. Im doing minimalist strategy with very little equiptment.

ReefersEdge

Really? I thought the deadline had already passed no exceptions? Rules are rules for a reason, this contest is going to have no structure if people are continually getting a free pass.

I mean this is what dallas posted in the fts thread: The deadline has passed, and those who did not post are officially disqualified. There are no exceptions to this whatsoever. Dallas

MeanGreenEyes
Really? I thought the deadline had already passed no exceptions? Rules are rules for a reason, this contest is going to have no structure if people are continually getting a free pass.

I mean this is what dallas posted in the fts thread: The deadline has passed, and those who did not post are officially disqualified. There are no exceptions to this whatsoever. Dallas

Precisely! So why are there special exceptions being made for certain people?

DQ IMO

dallasprstn

hey man, I never gave you any clearance on an exception. I know you said you couldn't post pics because of homework and the fact that you didn't have access to a computer, which kind of confused me, but I never said that it was okay! Sorry if there was any misunderstanding but i can't let you stay I the contest.

Dallas.

hey man, I never gave you any clearance on an exception. I know you said you couldn't post pics because of homework and the fact that you didn't have access to a computer, which kind of confused me, but I never said that it was okay! Sorry if there was any misunderstanding but i can't let you stay I the contest.

Dallas.

So the truth comes out, you "legit" reason is you have homework and no access to a computer...Yet you get to surf on your iPad as much as possible? Sorry Jacob, looks like you've been DQ'd...

There are contestants who are following the rules, and it wouldn't be fair to them to let you slide because you have homework. I don't know about anyone else, but I think you might have the only contest thread with no pics of your setup.

Archived