ReefCleaners.org

Le Salty Clam

Traggs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you taking the tank pics with the GoPro?

The first FTS that I took was with a gopro but all other pics on here are with my iphone5/5s. It takes decent pics and is just convenient.

• 1 month later...
famousdan314

Was curious I have a jbj 30 also, what kind of filtration set up are you currently running. Also have you ever had any problems with your gbta moving around?

• 3 weeks later...

Was curious I have a jbj 30 also, what kind of filtration set up are you currently running. Also have you ever had any problems with your gbta moving around?

Filtration wise I'm pretty much stock. I do have a little refuge set up in the tanks right overflow chamber. I also run a BRS reactor with carbon/GFO. Otherwise its just floss and regular water changes.

My tank turned 2 this week B) . It has been a long journey filled with power outages, automatic top off problems, chemical warefare, migrating BTA and territorial fish problems. BUT I did not have one crash along the way and only lost a handful of corals(mostly due to being out competed). Here are some recent pics....enjoy!!!

rrTU87O.jpg

Best Fish a guy could ask for.

AfWKwdn.jpg

My white Toadstool is the size of dinner plate.

• 4 months later...
Icanhazcheeseburger

Beautiful and I mean beautiful tank!!!I plan on starting a build of the same tank this weekend as I come back from my internship abroad... fingerscrossed Hopefully I can probably shop around for my rocks at my LFS out here in CA and get the aquascape going and start building the stand,,,(Probably want something similar to how you have it :flower: )...

Nonetheless, I am so surprised this thread has died! I'd love to see more of your tank as your pictures are outstanding!

Btw that close up on your clownfish a few posts from this isnt from your 5/5s right? Because you must have put your phone in the water to take a picture that clear! My gosh :o:o

Beautiful and I mean beautiful tank!!!I plan on starting a build of the same tank this weekend as I come back from my internship abroad... fingerscrossed Hopefully I can probably shop around for my rocks at my LFS out here in CA and get the aquascape going and start building the stand,,,(Probably want something similar to how you have it :flower: )...

Nonetheless, I am so surprised this thread has died! I'd love to see more of your tank as your pictures are outstanding!

Btw that close up on your clownfish a few posts from this isnt from your 5/5s right? Because you must have put your phone in the water to take a picture that clear! My gosh :o:o

Thank you sir. Tank building is one of the most enjoyable parts of owning a tank!

My tank doesn't get a ton of attention around here but I'm am fine with that. I'm not on here too often but the community is great!

And yes all of my recent pictures are with my iphone 5s. A lot of my rocks were close to the glass.

UPDATE. I had to move to Tampa for school and had to shut my tank down. I had it for 2 1/2 years without any crashes and saw incredible growth. I really miss my tank and wish I could have kept it going to see what it would have become. Looks like ill have to start a new tank build when I find out where I will be permanently. Here's one of the last pics i took before shutting the old Salty Clam down.

jDqEVbE.jpg

Archived