Le Salty Clam

Traggs

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been months(8) since my last update. I am still loving the JBJ rimless and JBJ Unibody light. I am working on setting up a refugium next. After a bad 1 1/2 months of chemical warfare and all corals not opening at all :angry: , my tank is doing better than ever :) . New additions include sexy shrimp :wub: , halloween urchin, rics, toadstool, zoas, mushrooms and some new CUC. Enjoy!!!

FTS on the way soon! :D

Tragga I LOVE your xenia garden. You can really see the pulsing, more than any other tank I've seen. That was the coral that made me want to start a reef and you have the best example I've seen.

I've heard some conflicting info on them, I dont have any nitrates/phosphates and hear they like some levels of them. Do you dose anything like strontium?

Tragga I LOVE your xenia garden. You can really see the pulsing, more than any other tank I've seen. That was the coral that made me want to start a reef and you have the best example I've seen.

I've heard some conflicting info on them, I dont have any nitrates/phosphates and hear they like some levels of them. Do you dose anything like strontium?

Thanks! It's really mezmerizing :eek:! It hitchhiked with maybe 4 heads and now its literally spreading everywhere. I think i lucked out b/c it really pulsates (especially when the pumps are off) more so than any other I have seen at my LFS.

My water is always on the clean side (~0 trates ppm, < .25 phosphates ppm) and I do not dose. The stuff grows like a weed and I am going to need remove some soon. From what I have heard about xenia is that it thrives in some tanks and does not do well in others.

Whats in your filter? Currently Im just using floss, but have levels like yours.

How about your calc/alk levels?

Wondering if I can buy some frags from you.

Looks good. :)

Thanks!

Whats in your filter? Currently Im just using floss, but have levels like yours.

How about your calc/alk levels?

Wondering if I can buy some frags from you.

In overflow box top to bottom I have 100micron filter floss, white/blue floss, and a macro filter. I also use Chemi-pure Elite. My cal is usually on the high side ~500 and alk im not sure.

I need to learn how to frag first then yeah I could send some your way!!!!

Sexy Shrimp Close-up. Picked up 3 last week.JVo5E6t.jpg

New Ric. Snagged for $15. Much more orange than in picture.

em7jEHo.jpg

Listed as assorted Zoa frag. Pretty sure the left one is "Blue Death" but im not sure what the centered zoa is. Any ideas welcomed???

8fT8k9B.jpg

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Nice!!! I told my lfs to get some sexy's shrimps so I can add it to the Ada. I use to have a trio in my manta ray but they were picking on the palys and acans, despite that I had to rid of them. Glad I'm not doing corals anymore in either tanks :)

Deleted User 3

It's been months(8) since my last update. I am still loving the JBJ rimless and JBJ Unibody light. I am working on setting up a refugium next. After a bad 1 1/2 months of chemical warfare and all corals not opening at all :angry: , my tank is doing better than ever :) . New additions include sexy shrimp :wub: , halloween urchin, rics, toadstool, zoas, mushrooms and some new CUC. Enjoy!!!

FTS on the way soon! :D

I love where you put your frogspawn! I want to upgrade now just so I can rarrange some more and make something like ur scape where ur frogspawn is, so i can have something similar for my fish. ahhhh great. now i'm all upgrade itchy lol!

I love where you put your frogspawn! I want to upgrade now just so I can rarrange some more and make something like ur scape where ur frogspawn is, so i can have something similar for my fish. ahhhh great. now i'm all upgrade itchy lol!

Thanks! Uhhh pretty sure everyone on this whole site it upgrade itchy...all the time. :lol:

Loving the tank Traggs and living the pics, very nice. What do you think of that JBJ Light? Your tank is similar in size to mine and I am thinking of upgrading away from my PAR38 bulbs.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the tank Traggs and living the pics, very nice. What do you think of that JBJ Light? Your tank is similar in size to mine and I am thinking of upgrading away from my PAR38 bulbs.

Honestly I love the JBJ light. Besides some minor gripes ( the royal blue and deep blue LEDs are not independently controllable) the light is perfect. I have had great success with LPS, Softies, and anemone. I have not tried any SPS and don't plan on trying any due to personal preference. Everything has significantly grown and I have only lost a colony of zoa's that mysteriously melted since having the light for 9 months.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Honestly I love the JBJ light. Besides some minor gripes ( the royal blue and deep blue LEDs are not independently controllable) the light is perfect. I have had great success with LPS, Softies, and anemone. I have not tried any SPS and don't plan on trying any due to personal preference. Everything has significantly grown and I have only lost a colony of zoa's that mysteriously melted since having the light for 9 months.

At what percentage are you running your blues and whites?

• 4 months later...

Been way too long since I'v updated. I went traveling around the world for a 1 1/2 months :wub: , numerous weddings attended :wizard: , Vegas... :bling: , and have been enjoying my summer B) . So alas here are some iphones shots I took this morning.

Zoa garden is actually starting to look like a garden!! Zoa's polyps #'s have at least doubled.

5beSR9C.jpg

Brain Coral showing dat polyp extension. Grown 3X the size since acquiring.

IlnyG4x.jpg

1 Duncan head now has 8 !! Spot Feeding FTW. Damsel bombing in.

nYkTyDy.jpg

Newest edition. Carpet Anemone. :wub::wub: Traded in A TON of pulsating xenia before my trip and got this guy for $15. Mouth is pink under normal lighting.

wVcLcwy.jpg

Psuedo macro shot with iphone. Balloons anyone?

oqVN9Ey.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived