Top Shelf Aquatics

Who is going to the CT Frag Farmers Market?

TinyGiant

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is going this year!?

new thread!

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/317442-ct-frag-farmers-market/#entry4135863

I started gearing up and fragging for this.. did a little fragging last night
15 ORA green birds nest
12 Pink Birdsnest
6 Photosynthetic Gorgs
12 Green star polyps
19 orange monti cap
6 superman monti digi
6 green cabbage leather
7 blue/green elephant palys
8 Neon Green Monti cap
10 Flowerpot Caps

I also still have a ton of more mature frags in my frag system too.. and about another 100 plugs to fill.

I also have some combo rocks i can bring if they are pre paid for. (rocks with multiple frags on them) these are at least a couple months old and i add stuff to them all the time.

friggen hurricanes!

i'll have plenty. probably go to do some more fragging tomorrow..

i hope to bring red hornets, green hornets RDE, hawaiin starburst, lord of the rings and a couple other zoas.. we will see what i can get free without disturbing the colonies.

but i'll have tons of sps and cheap!

probably do what i did last year.. $10ea 2 or more $8ea or 5 or more $5ea .. or something like that

even at 10$ each my prices were better than 90% of the people there. i hate big prices.. keep it cheap,, help spread the corals and get them growing in captivity to reduce our impact on the reefs.

• 2 weeks later...

I reworked my frag display system to include a sump and two k-nanos. Last year i had trouble keeping the temperature where it should be. With the heater in the bottle sump i should be ready to rock.

IMG_20130215_144711_zps12cbdce2.jpgIMG_20130215_144717_zps9ec31f77.jpg

IMG_20130215_144723_zpsde835be6.jpg

IMG_20130215_144735_zpsf8224629.jpg

I was able to frag and make about 40 plugs of keds Reds today.

Once everything opens up in the frag system i will take some pictures. The tank is getting pretty full. I'm rrunning out of room ..

I might consider taking preorders if people would like to paypal before hand and pick up at the swap.

I wont take pre orders until the week of the swap. i'll have to get a stock list together

i will be able to take cash or credit card (i have a square card swiper)

randythefishdude

Going..... its worth the drive by far!

I hear there will be some more freebees this year.

last year i got i nice free container of buffer and purple up.

It will be nice to look at all the led fixtures aswell.

Just to add a little more hype :D

i will be selling for $8ea or if you buy 5 or more $5ea

as far as variety i will have

Lord of the Rings Zoa

Radio Active Green Dragon Eye Zoa

Keds Reds Zoa

Pink and Gold palys

Blue Palys

Green Palys

neon Green Cloves

Cabbage leather

Photosynthetic Sea Fan Gorg

Green Star Polyp

Pink Birdsnest

ORA Green Birdsnest

Rainbow Pink Stylo

Monti Danae

Superman Monti Digi

Blue/purple Monti Digi

Orange Monti cap

Purple Rim Monti cap

Green Monti cap

Chili Monti cap (green with red polyps)

Flower Pot Monti cap (green with purple polyps)

Elkhorn Monti (endangered species now!)

meteorshower Cephystrea Digitata (branching metorshower)

Blue Ridge Coral (neat hard body Soft coral)

neon Green Pocillipora damicornis

I could bring some chaeto if anyone needs it

(I ran out of a couple frags the other day after having my nhfragswap.com monthly swap at my house)

Armor of God Zoa

Hawaiin Starburst Zoa

Nuclear Green Paly

Pom pom Xenia

Pavona catus

I think that completes the list. i will plan on making a stock list soon and organizing them all on the racks.. So i will know better what I have when i get the ambition to tackle that lol

FFMMap2013_zps79bf5bc4.jpg

they have me marked at Chris VT for some reason. lol but Bob H is a member of our club and will also have great frags at low prices too.. i know he's been stocking up and has a good 200+ to bring.

but i am in room 107 next to swanson (guy running the farmers market)

this room will also be the room they do all the raffles in at the end of the night

Dude I'll have to keep you in mind when I get more funds, I mean $8-$10 bucks for a red planet frag? That's incredibly cheap. Bought a frag locally for $40 around an inch big. My brother wants some too so if you have some more when I can afford I'd definitively be interested in maybe 2-3 frags of that plus some of your zoanthids and palythoas.

I see, so you won't have more red planet frags to sell?

Nope. Sadly I lost the colony a month or so after the last ffm.. it. Was a pretty small colony Lol iIprobably should have waited to frag. It last year.

Hey Tiny,

Will definitely be going this weekend. My girlfriend cant go so Im dragging my mom out to CT with me! I have never been to a frag swap before so I am excited to see how it goes.

Hey Tiny,

Will definitely be going this weekend. My girlfriend cant go so Im dragging my mom out to CT with me! I have never been to a frag swap before so I am excited to see how it goes.

its quite the swap to start with lol.

The crappy thing about being someone who is selling is there is no time to leave your spot to check out what everyone else is selling.. My wife has no interest in going.. probably because she knows i would want to stick her selling for a while and run through the rooms to see what is there.. Probably better though that i dont have the time to go spend money :P

• 11 months later...

i will be there again!

looking forward to the event.

I should have between 200 and 300 frags with me and some awesome colonies.. zoas, chalices, lobo, favia, sps etc

Archived