Top Shelf Aquatics

Who is going to the CT Frag Farmers Market?

TinyGiant

FFM2012.jpg

I'm definitely going and have a selling spot reserved :)

bringing nearly 200 frags :)

I've been stocking up for the last couple months in preparation for the event.

i posted these pics on my thread but figured i would post them again.

the funds raised by the sellers buying booth spots goes to the school science department that is hosting the event. I know there are a bunch of New Englanders on this forum that should definitely go check it out.

there are three sellers in my club including my self bringing a total of about 500 frags. I've been told they have close to 30 sellers already registered :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFM2012.jpg

I'm definitely going and have a selling spot reserved :)

bringing nearly 200 frags :)

I've been stocking up for the last couple months in preparation for the event.

i posted these pics on my thread but figured i would post them again.

the funds raised by the sellers buying booth spots goes to the school science department that is hosting the event. I know there are a bunch of New Englanders on this forum that should definitely go check it out.

there are three sellers in my club including my self bringing a total of about 500 frags. I've been told they have close to 30 sellers already registered :)

I will be there! Just a beginner but it will be perfect timing to stock my tank with some frags. Chances you have some beginner friendly stuff? Softies, mushrooms and hardy lps/sps?

i grew up around the corner from there. my first tattoo was at the shop across the street! Wish my car wasnt in the shop id go for sure if i had wheels!! have fun everyone thats going!!

Here is my list so far I have multiples of almost everything. I havent decided on my pricing yet. I've been thinking $10 each 5 for $40 or 10 for $70

I want to keep things as affordable as possible :)

BLUE CHALICE

BLUE RIDGE CORAL

BLUE TIP STAG

BRANCHING METEOR SHOWER

CACTUS CORAL

CANDYCANE CORAL

CARIB. RED DEVIL GORGONIAN

CHILI MONTI CAP

COLONISTA SNAILS

ELKHORN MONTI

ENCRUSTING PHOTO GORG

FLOWER POT CAP

GREEN CLOVE POLYPS

GREEN MILLI

GREEN MONTI CAP

GREEN MONTI DIGI

GREEN STAR POLYPS

GREEN TREE LEATHER

JASON FOX MONTI SETOSA

KENYAN TREE LEATHER

LARRY JACKSON ACRO

MONTI DANAE

MONTI SPONGOEDES

ORA GREEN BIRDSNEST

ORANGE MONTI CAP

ORANGE MONTI DIGI

PALY ELEPHANT

PALY TEAL

PHOTOSYNTHETIC GORG FAN

PINK BIRDSNEST

ORANGE PSAMMACORA

PURPLE RIM MONTI CAP

RAINBOW MONTI

RAINBOW STYLO

RED PLANET

TYREE GREEN TOADSTOOL

YELLOW SPONGE

ZOA GREEN BAY PACKERS

ZOA HAWAIIAN STARBURST

ZOA LORD OF THE RINGS

ZOA PINK AND GOLDS

ZOA RADIOACTIVE DRAGON EYES

ZOA RING OF FIRE

ZOA TICKLE ME PINK

fragsffm5.jpg

fragsffm3.jpg

fragsffm2.jpg

fragsffm1.jpg

that looks like a great deal. and a good mix too. good luck!

yeah i tried to make sure i fragged everything from my tank. even if i could only bring one frag of something I wanted to make sure i had a good variety.

I hav a sweet custom 4g long tank that i made from some scrap glass

hopefully will be able to fit about 100 frags at a time in the tank.

if i weren't super tight on finances right now i would go get some glas cut and make a 4" tall 12x24 tank just tall enough to hold the frags and display them nicely

also will probably be bringing $1 cups of gracilaria macro algae and possibly some red graci too :) I definitely have enough growing to bring green.. not sure on the red. They both grow really well (as long as you dont have a tang around)

Here is my list so far I have multiples of almost everything. I havent decided on my pricing yet. I've been thinking $10 each 5 for $40 or 10 for $70

I want to keep things as affordable as possible :)

BLUE CHALICE

BLUE RIDGE CORAL

BLUE TIP STAG

BRANCHING METEOR SHOWER

CACTUS CORAL

CANDYCANE CORAL

CARIB. RED DEVIL GORGONIAN

CHILI MONTI CAP

COLONISTA SNAILS

ELKHORN MONTI

ENCRUSTING PHOTO GORG

FLOWER POT CAP

GREEN CLOVE POLYPS

GREEN MILLI

GREEN MONTI CAP

GREEN MONTI DIGI

GREEN STAR POLYPS

GREEN TREE LEATHER

JASON FOX MONTI SETOSA

KENYAN TREE LEATHER

LARRY JACKSON ACRO

MONTI DANAE

MONTI SPONGOEDES

ORA GREEN BIRDSNEST

ORANGE MONTI CAP

ORANGE MONTI DIGI

PALY ELEPHANT

PALY TEAL

PHOTOSYNTHETIC GORG FAN

PINK BIRDSNEST

ORANGE PSAMMACORA

PURPLE RIM MONTI CAP

RAINBOW MONTI

RAINBOW STYLO

RED PLANET

TYREE GREEN TOADSTOOL

YELLOW SPONGE

ZOA GREEN BAY PACKERS

ZOA HAWAIIAN STARBURST

ZOA LORD OF THE RINGS

ZOA PINK AND GOLDS

ZOA RADIOACTIVE DRAGON EYES

ZOA RING OF FIRE

ZOA TICKLE ME PINK

fragsffm5.jpg

fragsffm3.jpg

fragsffm2.jpg

fragsffm1.jpg

<---- got a customer right here :D hopefully you'll have some good recommendations for beginner stuff.

<---- got a customer right here :D hopefully you'll have some good recommendations for beginner stuff.

indeed. I worked at a LFS for 16 years .. lol i should have some good info kicking around in this skull of mine :)

metrokat is buying 24 frags from me next week. i'm going to take some of the funds and hit up a LFS and possibly grab another zoa colony to frag up ..we'll see.. mortgage is due too.. so we'll see if the responsible side of me wins out or the reef addict side :P

Tiny, awesome prices. Wish I didn't live so far.

thanks. I'm going to try to be greedy. I want to have the best prices there. My hope is to sell out completely and have enough to pay my income taxes :P

Finished my Frag display tank tonight .

its a custom built 30"x6.5x6.5 tank on a small stand with a 4 bulb blue GU10 hood.

Built 99% from recycled stuff. the only thing i had to buy was the 4 pencil holder cups to use as lampshades and two pvc elbows :) Everything else I already had at the house, even the bulbs were ones i just switched out :)

fragsystem.jpg

by my calculations i should be able to fit at least 120 frags in the tank at a time.

lol sold 55 frags since yesterday.. so i had to do some more fragging tonight.. back upto 130 frags.. i want to be in the 200 range.. So i'll be hitting the LFS this week to stock up :)

Looky what i made!

So some egg crate, 2oz party cups and some silicone later I have my bucket insert.

4rrack.jpg

I used 2" PVC cut to about 2" less than the height of the bucket.

Next i cut the tops off of the part cups.

2rack.jpg

25rack.jpg

start by sliding one party cup down the tube with the lip up. Silicone inside the lip and then slid on the first rack that was cut to fit inside the bucket.

3rack.jpg

next slide two more cups on. one facing down and one facing up. silicone around the rims of the cups. and a bead of silicone where the two cut sides meet.

repeat the process until you have all the racks done.

when the egg crate is cut correctly the whole rack will slide right in the bucket. this should make for very easy compact, safe transport of close to 200+ frags!

Grabbed a few new colonies to frag up today. Tons of eagle eyes, radioactive dragon eyes, purple death palys and sunset montipora.

Ordered 200 plugs today too :)

Loving that frag rack in a bucket thing! Thats awesome.

if you're buying that much coral to frag why not just order from a wholesaler? just wondering.. seems like lfs store prices would really cut your margins down..

I've been working on this Pico rock for about a month now

pico-rock.jpg

I was thinking of asking like $75ish for it . has at least 20 different small frags on it right now, monti caps, chalice, leathers, palys, 5 different zoas. as things fall off the plugs in the 33L i glue them to this instead of reglueing them to the plugs lol.

here are pictures of my current stock

frag1.jpg

frags2-1.jpg

frag3.jpg

fragsa1.jpg

and a better picture of the zoas soon to be fragged up

zoacolony.jpg

oh.. and i also have this good sized purple rim cap that i will be selling for $20 its about 3" round i have 4 large colonies of this already and didnt need another. It grows really fast in my system. No joke i fragged 4 frags off the edge of one of the other colonies and the next day it was completely healed (its in direct flow of the K3 and 6" from the surface)

purplerim.jpg

Archived