Coral Vue Hydros

Amjez's Midwest Ocean - New Pics

amjez

12f479c3.jpg

We just got back from vacation. Thanks to my brother for feeding the fish while we were gone. I think my cycle is finally over. Just checked my water parameters.

Ph- 8.2

Ammonia- 0

Nitrite- 0

Nitrate- 0

Salinity- 1.026

I'm going to do a water change this evening. Hopefully this will help remove the green hair algae. I think it's time to add another fish and/or coral. I'm going to hit up the LFS tomorrow!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question. I'd like to get yellow watchman goby, but I have an open top. I think it would jump out. Any suggestions?

Maybe I should get a yellow clown goby.

Good question. I'd like to get yellow watchman goby, but I have an open top. I think it would jump out. Any suggestions?

Maybe I should get a yellow clown goby.

DONT get a yellow watchman, I have one and he only ever is hiding. I would go with a Yasha Hase, they are colourful and are out in the open much more. Tanks looking great! I am thinking of doing a tank of similar dimensions soon so I have been following in the shadows.

Deleted User 4
cleaner shrimp is always a must. they are a ton of fun to watch

I've had bad experiences with cleaner shrimps in the past....so I wouldn't recommend it imo.

Deleted User 4
really? what happened?

Beginning was fine, but as it got bigger in my tank....it got more aggressive... it killed my weak orange spotted goby and my other fishes along the way back when I had my 24g nanocube. Guess it was hungry...but I did feed it every 3 days....

DONT get a yellow watchman, I have one and he only ever is hiding. I would go with a Yasha Hase, they are colourful and are out in the open much more. Tanks looking great! I am thinking of doing a tank of similar dimensions soon so I have been following in the shadows.

Thanks! I went to the LFS today and they didn't have much. I think I'm going to wait and get a clown goby. I ended up getting two Bangii Cardinal fish. The LFS insisted they do well in pairs, but everything I've read says they should not be kept in pairs. They're getting along right now though. One may be going back. I also picked up a colt coral.

You should definately start a shallow tank!

Beginning was fine, but as it got bigger in my tank....it got more aggressive... it killed my weak orange spotted goby and my other fishes along the way back when I had my 24g nanocube. Guess it was hungry...but I did feed it every 3 days....

I need to get a shrimp. Yeah, cleaner shrimps are cool. What do you guys think of having two Bangii cardinals in this tank together?

Deleted User 4
I need to get a shrimp. Yeah, cleaner shrimps are cool. What do you guys think of having two Bangii cardinals in this tank together?

These are the shrimps that I do not recommend since I've had bad experiences with them: Sexy anemone shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, blood shrimp, peppermint shrimp.

The other type of anemone shrimp is fine though. Other than those, there's not many kinds of shrimps you can get..

Harlequin and bongo shrimps need stars to feed on..

ec4af1b5.jpg

06baeeda.jpg

e4cc01cb.jpg

c2f095c8.jpg

I ended up taking one of the Cardinal fish back to the LFS, because he was picking on the other cardinal fish. Here's a couple of tank shots.

Very nice!! Scape is just awesome.

Thanks. I hope to start adding some corals weekly as long as the tank allows me to.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived