ReefCleaners.org

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh! I tried to catch her last night and tore my whole tank apart with no luck! Little thing is fast and a good hider! I met have to keep her just because I can't get her OUT! :lol:

I forgot to mention yesterday that your mini-mini nem is gorgeous!!!! I'm so used to the purple and green ones. I like yours a lot better :happy:

Thanks Gena! I want like a million mini mini's now! I love it! If you see the green and purple kind snatch it up for me! ;)

On a good note, I tore my entire tank apart and caught the saddleback! I literally had to take every rock and coral out to get her, buckets and towels everywhere! I took it as an opportunity to do a WC and get my mini mini to move to another rock though and took out the piece I had been wanting to remove. I moved some stuff around and now I have SO much room! My brain took the spot where the rock was and my xenia moved to the back corner. The rest of it is still the same. I'll have to get pics tomorrow when the lights are on. I need to check params tomorrow too. Only tested S.G. tonight because I ran out of time.

Now that I caught her, I traded in the saddleback for a black and white perc! She's huge compared to my little O/W guy but it only took them about 5 minutes to find eachother and start swimming all over together. :wub: The guy at the LFS said he'd hook me up with something nice next time I'm in for all my trouble too. So I'm thinking it's time for a frogspawn or something cool like that! :D

It was a lot of work, but I know you'll be happier in the end with a real b/w clownfish. Sounds like a happy ending! That's nice of the LFS to compensate you like that, for their error :happy:

Can't wait to see the pics tomorrow!!!!!

I've never seen the mini minis at my LFS. I have seen the maxis though. The green and purple are very common so you shouldn't have any trouble finding those :)

Woke up this morning and my mini mini is nowhere to be seen. Not sure where he crept off to but I hope it's not somewhere that I'll never see him! New clown seems very happy and bold now. She came right up to the glass and challenged me when I peeked in. Since the lights aren't on before I leave for work I only have a couple pics under the actinics until I get home.

clown.jpg

clown2.jpg

clown3.jpg

She's HUGE compared to the little guy! I can't wait to get a pic of them together tonight! :)

i had a mini carpet anemone like yours in my 14g. it grew 3-4 inches and ate 3 fish and 4 crabs...i had to get rid of mine...i hope yours doesnt have as big an appetite as mine.

Mini minis don't get as large as maxi minis. I think a mini mini is a good choice for this tank :) I'm thinking about getting one now.

Even though small, they can definitely be deadly. Just make sure you feed the anemone last after everything else is full. I made that fateful mistake and my clownfish paid the price. He tried to eat the mini's food and got stuck in the stickiness of the nem. He was badly burned and died the next day.

Just a heads up :)

The mini is only supposed to get half dollar size if that. I still haven't figured out where he wandered off to so I fed some mysis shrimp tonight. I probably over did it a little but I wanted to make sure my pom pom, cleaner, mini mini, and clowns all got some. I won't do that again for a week and I'll probably do a WC tomorrow with filter floss change to make sure I get it all out. Wherever my mini went he is well hidden! Can't find him for the life of me! New pics to come when I get off the iPad and onto my laptop.

I'm sorry about your clown Gena! She was gorgeous!

PICTURES!

FTS:

biocube007.jpg

biocube019.jpg

Brain + Xenia:

biocube010.jpg

Mushie Rock:

biocube012.jpg

Green striped mushrooms + blue mushroom:

biocube013.jpg

Red Mushroom:

biocube021.jpg

Clowns:

biocube016.jpg

biocube026.jpg

My fave hermit:

biocube023.jpg

My fave candy snail:

biocube025.jpg

Nice! I have a black and white and orange clown also! :D

Awesome! I knew the moment I decided to do a SW tank that I would have an O/W & B/W pair! My kids wanted Nemo and I wanted Nemo's evil twin! Bahahaha!

Do you have a close up of the candy snail? Is it reef safe?

Apparently they are? I can't find much about them but they're tiny. About the size of my nail and they all look different. Some are brown, some are yellow with that blue sunburst pattern, some are kind of swirled. I have 5 that I picked up on the recommendation of my trusted LFS advisor and haven't had any issues with them yet. They're quite the little characters though! They always hitch hike whenever they can... on the back of another candy snail, on a hermit, or whatever is moving! Lazy buggers! :lol: I take pics with my iPhone or crappy digital camera so that pic is about as good as I get!

The mini is only supposed to get half dollar size if that. I still haven't figured out where he wandered off to so I fed some mysis shrimp tonight. I probably over did it a little but I wanted to make sure my pom pom, cleaner, mini mini, and clowns all got some. I won't do that again for a week and I'll probably do a WC tomorrow with filter floss change to make sure I get it all out. Wherever my mini went he is well hidden! Can't find him for the life of me! New pics to come when I get off the iPad and onto my laptop.

I'm sorry about your clown Gena! She was gorgeous!

It was a few years ago. It was a beautiful True Percula. I was devestated on many levels. This is why I let people know when the opportunity arises :)

awe...he is a lot smaller. Very cute :happy:

It was a few years ago. It was a beautiful True Percula. I was devestated on many levels. This is why I let people know when the opportunity arises :)

awe...he is a lot smaller. Very cute :happy:

I can only imagine. I'm very attached to my clowns already!

Those snails kind of look like nerite snails. They come in a lot of different shell patterns.

I think you're right! The 'real' candy snails are from the Phillipines and look nothing like that! Thanks!

Starting to look really good!

Love the fish!

Thanks! I love my little O/W guy! I wish I could keep him that tiny! :wub:

Awesome! I knew the moment I decided to do a SW tank that I would have an O/W & B/W pair! My kids wanted Nemo and I wanted Nemo's evil twin! Bahahaha!

hahaah well i wanted just a normal one but saw two b/w at elite reef (lfs) and I just had to get one it was so adorable and now they chase each other and court its so cute.

Thanks! I love my little O/W guy! I wish I could keep him that tiny! :wub:

Don't we wish that for all our pets lol thats why i got a small dog shes the same size as she was when she hit 1 years old...even tho she is more annoying now :D

Archived